Author Topic: Sequestation begining to take affect......all bad  (Read 2093 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Sequestation begining to take affect......all bad
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:07 AM »
http://news.usni.org/2013/02/08/navy-lincoln-refueling-delayed-will-hurt-carrier-readiness

Unprecedented in a time of uncertainty when the enemy is advancing daily in the quest to destabilize the world and these idiots in Congress failed to see that making a deal with the devil's alternate face, BHO, will have dyer consequences one way or the other.

Id we can make it out alive, we should string them all up after a speedier trial. ::effu:: ::asskicking:: ::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

Re: Sequestation begining to take affect......all bad
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:47:01 PM »

They should be sequestered.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:54 AM »

You're way too kind....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »

You're way too kind....

Hey, if he corners 'em, we can take it from there.    ::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »
Did you expect Junior to send the Department of Education home?  The EPA?  The maintenance crew of Mooch's jet?

Get real.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:31:53 PM »
Maybe I'm off base and someone can set me straight, numbers wise..... We collect 2.5 TRILLION in taxes, we SPEND 3.5 TRILLION......If the sequestation takes effect it cuts what? 90 billion?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
Maybe I'm off base and someone can set me straight, numbers wise..... We collect 2.5 TRILLION in taxes, we SPEND 3.5 TRILLION......If the sequestation takes effect it cuts what? 90 billion?

They're saying 85 billion, but Levin says that number is jerry-rigged; it's really 45 billion.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »

Sequestration, who knows what it is unless you play
inside sports.  The news shows them preening a couple
of sentences and then tells the viewer what to think.
For them this is an exercise testing to see how far
it is possible to obfuscate a subject and get away
with it.

Nancy said "you must pass it in order to read it" and
we let them do it. Now they are going to (*"sequester")
put out an incorrect and unrelated word as the defining
of the action and debate it.  This is an in country
demolition action by both parties.

put somebody into isolation: to put somebody in an isolated or lonely place away from other people, the pressures of everyday life, or possible disturbances ( formal )
law take property to cover obligation: to take legal possession of somebody's property temporarily until a debt that person owes is paid, a dispute is settled, or a court order is obeyed
international law take enemy's property: to demand or seize the property of an enemy

If they only knew. If they would just wake up.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »

They're saying 85 billion, but Levin says that number is jerry-rigged; it's really 45 billion.

And this is causing job loss and all the other catastrophes? It's like slashing 5 bucks off a guy making 3 k a month. It must nice to have constituents who believe anything.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 07:27:51 AM »

And this is causing job loss and all the other catastrophes? It's like slashing 5 bucks off a guy making 3 k a month. It must nice to have constituents who believe anything.

Yeah, helps that they cannot understand DC math ("cuts" [and we can argue their definition and ours!] you can divide by a factor of at least 4 and new "revenues" you can slash in half, growth rates you can slash in half exponentially to the years out they are extended, etc) but those idiots have a hard time with regular math, so forget them.

Obama went from sequestration is my idea and a great idea because it holds those damned House Pubbies feet tot he fire to sequestration sucks these crazy right-wing extremists in the House want these Draconian triggers pulled and people thrown out into the street to starve and die.  And of cource the media doesn't call him on it and Mr/Ms Joe Dumbass America is too stupid to figure out for themselves who is full of shyt!

Doomed, don't care, let it crash, let them all burn...so tired of this BS I just want them all gone!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »

Here's what I heard this morning:  it's 85 billion over two years; that's about 40 billion per year and half of that is military, so it comes to about 20+ billion.  THAT'S what they're whinging about; the whole list Obongo recited as being affected -- "we" get all that for 20 billion?  Such a deal!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
I saw this elsewhere and started wondering the same thing.
If the pentagon is cutting 800,000 civilian jobs, why does it have that many in the first place?

Now, the loss of jobs isn't a good thing, but how freaking many do we have working there?

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:17 AM »
I saw this elsewhere and started wondering the same thing.
If the pentagon is cutting 800,000 civilian jobs, why does it have that many in the first place?

Now, the loss of jobs isn't a good thing, but how freaking many do we have working there?

From what I understand they are noy cutting 800,000 jobs they are making 800,000 employees work only 4 days a week and cutting their pay 20%.  They still have jobs (cant have that dreaded unemployment number go up),  they just join the roles of the under-employed.  The way a business would do it is lay-off 20%.  That would be 160,000 new names on unemployment, can't have that.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
All government employees get back pay once the government starts up again, it always goes that way.  There is more bullshyt over this discussion than the average moron on the street is capable of processing, which is what the libiots can always count on to get their way.

I hate it, I hate them, I hate them all!

Y'all catch Rush's screed yesterday?  He says for the first time in his life he is ashamed of his country,

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/02/21/for_the_first_time_in_my_life_i_am_ashamed_of_my_country

All the while I listened to it all I kept saying was "no shyt?"!  I guess even a bright guy can be late to the party.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 10:24:29 AM »

For a government worker, out of work doesn't mean out of pay,
furlough is another word for vacation for an undetermined period time.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 01:26:06 PM »
"furlough is just another name for getting paid to sleep..."*

*(sung to the tune of Me and Bobby McGee)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »

Looks like California (they need it so bad) and Virginia are the big winners.

ETA: http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2013/02/pol_defensecuts09__01__950_0.jpg
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:24:41 PM by Charles Oakwood »