Author Topic: Excellent Random Act Of Journalism vis-a-vis Gun Control 'Debate'  (Read 1788 times)

RickZ

Seriously.  This is an excellent 3 minute news blip from a Cincy station.  The reporter has it exactly correct, both when discussing the 2nd Amendment and when discussing the need for an honest debate about what it means in the first place.  As he correctly stated, it's not about hunting game with muskets.  The 2nd Amendment guaranteed the citizenry have equal firepower to the government.  The 2nd Amendment is not about various types of weaponry, as the left has been trying to claim for years, but rather is the embodiment of an idea, that government is not to be trusted and that those governments which do confiscate guns have an easier time with legal murder than trying to do the same to an armed citizenry.  The 2nd Amendment could be paraphrased:  An Armed Citizen is a Free Citizen.

The vid is well worth the time.

http://www.fox19.com/story/20399062/the-very-politically-incorrect-truth-about-the-second-amendment

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Excellent Random Act Of Journalism vis-a-vis Gun Control 'Debate'
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »
I heard Mark Simone filling in for Hannity for a couple minutes on Friday.
This guy is dumber than Shawn.
A liberal caller made the same wrong argument that you don't need these weapons to kill Bambi.

Mark couldn't even begin to make the argument nor did he try

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:55:26 AM »
A liberal caller made the same wrong argument that you don't need these weapons to kill Bambi.

I heard that segment and in seconds I was yelling with blood pressure instantly on the rise. That guy easily bores the sh!t out of me every time he subs. ::puke::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »

I heard that segment and in seconds I was yelling with blood pressure instantly on the rise. That guy easily bores the sh!t out of me every time he subs. ::puke::

He annoys me.

Bill Marr sat in for Levin and he pissed me off the same way with his contention that the Second does not protect the right to own "machine guns" and shoulder-fired rocket launchers, contrary to the facts in RickZ's post.

After years of analyzing and reading the analyses of others, I have come to the conclusion that the Second protects the right to own any damn weapon that can be used AND CONTROLLED by one person, at the least.  That this is in any way controversial is proof that people have been successfully enstupidated regarding the purpose of the right.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
I was thinking about the whole "civilians aren't supposed to have military weapon X, Y, or Z" argument this morning as I watched this video.

The 2nd amendment recognizes the right of every individual sovereign citizen in the free states to rise up against any oppressive government as we see fit to defend our liberty. The types of weapons is not addressed.

So what to do with the notion that every citizen can't have access to all the weapons of war? That is a false argument, that assumes that government and military are synonymous - that military access to weaponry is equivalent to government access to weaponry.

While that is true insofar as the military is under the control of the federal government, the reality is that the only rightful government is that which is sanctioned by the people. Therefore, the military belongs to the people, not the government.

The conversation we should be having is reminding and encouraging the military that it answers to the people, not a regime. Those weapons they say we cannot have because we are not "military" are our weapons wielded by our soldiers - not the government's weapons wielded by the government's soldiers.

What this country needs is a military coup sanctioned by the people (that is; the people who support the constitution, regardless of numbers or popularity), a reaffirmation and reinstatement of constitutional law, the imprisonment or execution of those in government who seek to usurp the constitution, and an eventual restoration of political order, with safeguards against ever entertaining Leftism again.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:34:17 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »
So what to do with the notion that every citizen can't have access to all the weapons of war? That is a false argument, that assumes that government and military are synonymous - that military access to weaponry is equivalent to government access to weaponry.

While that is true insofar as the military is under the control of the federal government, the reality is that the only rightful government is that which is sanctioned by the people. Therefore, the military belongs to the people, not the government.

What you say is true, technically; however the Founders called the military we have today "a standing army", an institution to which they were opposed and distrusted as a force to be used against we the people.

James Madison said, "A standing army is one of the greatest mischief that can possibly happen." Elbridge Gerry (Vice President under James Madison) called standing armies "the bane of liberty."

The Posse Comitatus Act was cast as a protection against a probable tendency of the government to use the military against its people, which prohibition has been violated.

So, unfortunately, the reality is while we pay for our military, armed and equipped as it is, we must also arm and equip ourselves to stand against it.

(The link I posted also contains data from surveys taken in which military members were asked where they would stand in case of orders to turn on the people.  Some of it is not encouraging.)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:26 PM »
Whoa! That dude ACTUALLY has it right!!! I see a contract on him in his future. Libs can't have the truth thrown at them.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »

He annoys me.

Bill Marr sat in for Levin and he pissed me off the same way with his contention that the Second does not protect the right to own "machine guns" and shoulder-fired rocket launchers, contrary to the facts in RickZ's post.

You mean TOM Marr from Baltimore? 9AM guy on wcbm. He's a bit screwy some days and clueless on others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
What this country needs is a military coup sanctioned by the people (that is; the people who support the constitution, regardless of numbers or popularity), a reaffirmation and reinstatement of constitutional law, the imprisonment or execution of those in government who seek to usurp the constitution, and an eventual restoration of political order, with safeguards against ever entertaining Leftism again.

What this country needs is for people to grow a set....of what I don't know....wait, yes I do, a freaking brain dedicated to critical thought.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
What this country needs is for people to grow a set....of what I don't know....wait, yes I do, a freaking brain dedicated to critical thought.

For some reason, that leaves out roughly 50% of the population.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »

For some reason, that leaves out roughly 50% of the population.

No reason behind it at all, they chose, and those chose poorly.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »

This is what I've been hoping for since the 2008 election.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 06:46:50 AM »

This is what I've been hoping for since the 2008 election.

Since 1992 for me...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »
a friend sent me this vid of an anti-gun meeting held in a liberal suburb of Chicago

the vet gets a standing "O" at the end when he reminded everyone that the threat of tyranny is the same as it ever was

Veteran Stands Up For 2nd Amendment At Chicago Anti-Gun Forum

pesky gun advocates--they're every where   ::evil::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."