Author Topic: The official Obama Recession Thread  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The official Obama Recession Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »
Awesome!

"Zimbabwe's stock market was the best performer this decade - but your entire portfolio now buys you 3 eggs"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-01/kyle-bass-tells-nominal-stock-market-cheerleaders-remember-zimbabwe

Neo-Keynsian / Cloward-Piven / Allinsky grand convergence.

::unknowncomic::

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »

I'll have those eggs over easy, four strips of bacon, grits, biscuits, coffee - black, mmm and a couple of links, thank you.

Oh, and an order of Herbalife Resveratrol.
http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/01/dan-loeb-shorting-herbalife-competitor-nu-skin/

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:30 AM »
With that jackass at the helm every day is Fool's day!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »
I think it goes without saying that the December jobs/employment numbers warrant resurrecting this thread.

Now for the fun...this from the PuffHo:

Before we go high-fiving each other about unemployment falling, we should consider the reasons for it falling, which aren't quite so high-five-worthy.

Unemployment fell to 6.7 percent in December from 7 percent in November, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday. Unemployment has plunged from 7.5 percent in June and is way down from a high of 9.9 percent in 2010. All of which is good news.

But: One reason for the big drop in unemployment in December was that many, many people dropped out of the labor force -- 347,000, to be exact. They stopped looking for work, which made them no longer "unemployed" in the eyes of the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

This is the latest episode in what has been a fairly dramatic flight from the labor force since the Great Recession. The "labor-force participation rate," the percentage of working-age people who either have a job or want one, has tumbled to just 62.8 percent, the lowest since 1978.

It is funny seeing this on the PuffHo. The comments that follow it are instructive, too.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 08:10:20 AM »
If the prevailing theory at ZH is correct, the ever-increasing band of quiters is composed primarily of younger folks, who being younger folks are much more easily convinced that evil powers are conspiring the deprive them of not just the American Dream but of basic standard of living...and as such make fine recruitment material for nationalists and anarchists to exploit in fomenting revolution...so we all better start appeasing this group or you know what you'll get!!!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »
so we all better start appeasing this group or you know what you'll get!!!

An arrogant snot-nosed Pajama boy sitting on a couch in my basement playing Xbox and texting on his iPhone?

Seriously, the majority of the younger crowd are so coddled they can't change a tire, they have been taught an unnatural fear of guns, and that pouting about their problems gets others to fix them.  They only get what they want if there is a police state in place, and they can't do that while people are armed, and they cant take the guns without starting a Civil War. And who will fight in this war? Pajama Boy? They have created an entire generation that believe saying you care and wishing will make it so.

I think Japan like scenario is looking more and more likely in regards to these kids.. I don't see them taking to the street, and if they do, I see them as a problem for the would be tyrants rather than as a boon.  TPTB already have the votes and political power.  They need the physical power now at this point, and these kids won't make much of an Army. These kids have been indoctrinated to hate the rich -and love government, but its becoming obvious there isn't any difference between the two.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »
so we all better start appeasing this group or you know what you'll get!!!

An arrogant snot-nosed Pajama boy sitting on a couch in my basement playing Xbox and texting on his iPhone?

Seriously, the majority of the younger crowd are so coddled they can't change a tire, they have been taught an unnatural fear of guns, and that pouting about their problems gets others to fix them.  They only get what they want if there is a police state in place, and they can't do that while people are armed, and they cant take the guns without starting a Civil War. And who will fight in this war? Pajama Boy? They have created an entire generation that believe saying you care and wishing will make it so.

I think Japan like scenario is looking more and more likely in regards to these kids.. I don't see them taking to the street, and if they do, I see them as a problem for the would be tyrants rather than as a boon.  TPTB already have the votes and political power.  They need the physical power now at this point, and these kids won't make much of an Army. These kids have been indoctrinated to hate the rich -and love government, but its becoming obvious there isn't any difference between the two.

Heh.  I figured that would generate some action!

Let them try to recruit the pajamian's...they might whack more of their own than anybody if they are that useless!   ::hysterical::