Author Topic: Wealth Distribution  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Wealth Distribution
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:34 PM »
A leftist hears "Wealth Distribution" and they figure it means that it was distributed by someone to others unfairly. Of course,  Obama and his cronies like to concentrate on income disparity but NEVER talk about what they claim to care about - wealth disparity. After all they already have their wealth, so income is a choice. They can decide on thier expenses and then adjust their income to match.  The rest of us have to do it the other way around- letting out income decide what we can afford.

So lets  separate the wheat from the Chaff and have  a look at the wealth disparity of the United States (this is essentially savings - in all forms- in  your house, in cars, in vehicles, in jewelry, etc)

Wish he had it by age and by race as well.

So Flat(ish) areas indicate that there are not a lot of people that fall into that category- hence the percentile only goes up marginally - the sharp kink upward occurs  at somewhere between $1000 and $5000 net worth.  So what that means that about 20% of the population are worth less than $5000, including negative  dollar amounts. We call those people lousy, no good non-contributing zeros, or "Democrats" for short. I would love to know the age and race makup of this group,  but  sadly that is not to be, so I will let everyone guess.

$5000-30,000   roughly defines the next quintile.  Again I would love to know the ages, as I bet this is predominantly people in their mid twenties. Starting to save, but without the income required to make savings grow quickly.

The Middle quintile- the next 20% of the population - runs from roughly 30000 to 120,000. What ages to you bet they are? 30-50?

The next quintile runs from 120K up to 400K.  Probably mostly people reaching retirement - they own a significant portion of their homes,  have saved in 401Ks and IRAs

Then the last quintile  is the "rich" that top 20%.   So how many  households  of that 20% have a net worth over 1,000,000?  Less than 20%  Or only the top quintile of the top qunitile or  3.7%  of all households.  So 4/5 of  the top  quintile is probably small business owners - whose business - the one they have to run, manage, and work at every day, is worth $200-500K.  Materially, they are probably  just like the people in the 4th quintile- they just own a business on top of it. They probably have about the same house, the same type of car, etc. They are well off, but probably just about as well off as any professional couple  earning over 80K at a 9-5 job. Only they don't work 9-5. They work all of the time. They are ahead from the perspective that they can someday sell that business, and have that as additional savings-- you know, provide that Obama doesn't drive them out of business..

$2,500,000 is just abut where that curve touches 100%

So  expect for the non-saving, non-working, credit abusing, no shows called the Democratic Base,  the vast majority of people in this country  are worth between 30K and 2.5 Million, and 60% of them are worth between 120K and 2.5 Million. . and that is after removing the amount of money they owe on their homes.  That is out of 118 Million Households.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Wealth Distribution
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
"So what that means that about 20% of the population are worth less than $5000, including negative  dollar amounts. We call those people lousy, no good non-contributing zeros, or "Democrats" for short."

::hysterical::  Funny, but true!

Oh, and I think in their case it is "worthless" not "worth less"!

"What ages to you bet they are? 30-50?"

Yes.

Next?  Overlay demographic data, I bet that would be a hoot!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
Need to reflect more but it certainly  f e e l s  a lot farther from 22k to 3.27m
than 1 to 148.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
Need to reflect more but it certainly  f e e l s  a lot farther from 22k to 3.27m
than 1 to 148.

Logarithmic scale..  when you go from -3.27 million to 77 Billion you can't use a linear plot.  However unless you deal with sound (dB)  or do real  engineering you won't see one in your lifetime except maybe one one in math class.

The number I got I pulled from the calculator that the link- because estimating vlaues like this from the plot is hard.  However, what you do is is a failrly linear slope on the graph, showing  where the people are and how they are distributed.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »
The Middle quintile- the next 20% of the population - runs from roughly 30000 to 120,000.

Which means owning a VERY modest home automatically puts you in the top 40%.  Yeh, I'm rich.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »
and 60% of them are worth between 120K and 2.5 Million.

40% if I read that right.  Which equates to something else I read somewhere.  The average net worth (50% mark) is around $50,000.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:38:44 AM »
and 60% of them are worth between 120K and 2.5 Million.

40% if I read that right.  Which equates to something else I read somewhere.  The average net worth (50% mark) is around $50,000.

Yep. I got that wrong-- top 40%