Author Topic: The next exodus from CA  (Read 1374 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: The next exodus from CA
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 02:13:40 PM »
I find the area along the NC/TN border suits me. It's in the south but is significantly cooler. Winter is similar to the Great Lakes region (they even get lake effect snow out of Lake Michigan). Summer seldom gets above 80 and the humidity is much lower than the surrounding region.

Cold winter is a natural deterrent to human garbage. When the collapse happens the warm parts of the country are going to have more of a problem with feral humans.

Summer in the heat and feral trash:
Depends on whether there is electricity or not.
No electricity, no A/C, no A/C and there will
be a lot of self culling.  Or migration further north.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Cold winter is a natural deterrent to human garbage. When the collapse happens the warm parts of the country are going to have more of a problem with feral humans.

And the same feral humans will be washing their excrement in the the rivers, because they are too stupid to dig a hole a bury it.  House cats have more sense. Welcome to Life in the time of Cholera. Head lice? Yeah, everyone has that.  Warm means warm for everyone and everything including rodents and insects. Even if you keep the human refuse at bay, they will bring with them  and feed other forms of vermin.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 03:02:59 PM »

And the same feral humans will be washing their excrement in the the rivers, because they are too stupid to dig a hole a bury it.  House cats have more sense. Welcome to Life in the time of Cholera. Head lice? Yeah, everyone has that.  Warm means warm for everyone and everything including rodents and insects. Even if you keep the human refuse at bay, they will bring with them  and feed other forms of vermin.

Whoops!  Another thing for the preps; RID and some fine-tooth combs.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »
When dispatching feral life remember burning is better than burying, why take the chance, eh?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.