Author Topic: Stupid Consumers!  (Read 6768 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Stupid Consumers!
« on: March 29, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »
Don't they believe the Fed, the Treasury Dept, the BLS, Duh Wun?!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/nation/2011/03/inflation-worries-push-consumer-confidence-lower#

Gas...food...the little people obsess over such trivial matters!

/

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Stupid Consumers!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »
B-b-b-but a big-screen TV ........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »

Went grocery shopping yesterday, produce is 50 to 75% more expensive than this time last year. They are also pricing many vegetables per each price instead of per pound.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »

Went grocery shopping yesterday, produce is 50 to 75% more expensive than this time last year. They are also pricing many vegetables per each price instead of per pound.

I know.  California is not allowed to farm and Mexico had a weather-wipeout.  *sigh*  And JF's wondering why I'd love a two acre "garden".  ;)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 06:34:55 PM »

I know.  California is not allowed to farm and Mexico had a weather-wipeout.  *sigh*  And JF's wondering why I'd love a two acre "garden".  ;)

God, and I get worn out tending to a four-meter garden

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »

::kissface::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »

Would just need bigger, motorized tools, Soup, I figger.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »

Sutch as?
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »

Sutch as?

Tractor, for one.  Whadda I gotta teach you everyt'ing?  ::exitstageleft::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »

Sutch as?

Tractor, for one.  Whadda I gotta teach you everyt'ing?  ::exitstageleft::

How big? ::saywhat::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »
What the hell do I know, how big?  Big ENOUGH!  And if I had two acres to plant, I'd know.  Right now, I don't need to know.  Ass pain.   ::slapfight::

Seriously, how big you think?  Big enough to stick a grader on it, too, I'd assume.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 10:29:10 PM »
What the hell do I know, how big?  Big ENOUGH!  And if I had two acres to plant, I'd know.  Right now, I don't need to know.  Ass pain.   ::slapfight::

Seriously, how big you think?  Big enough to stick a grader on it, too, I'd assume.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200445933_200445933

Plus attachments. With the three point hitch you could probably buy a lot of used attachments if you wanted to. This is just an example.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
What the hell do I know, how big?  Big ENOUGH!  And if I had two acres to plant, I'd know.  Right now, I don't need to know.  Ass pain.   ::slapfight::

Seriously, how big you think?  Big enough to stick a grader on it, too, I'd assume.

Plus attachments. With the three point hitch you could probably buy a lot of used attachments if you wanted to. This is just an example.

That looks about right, but I'd be damned if I'd pay 8 grand + for new, when I see 'em sitting out around these parts for a lot less.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311181_200311181

Saw a similar one for around 4. Don't remember where.

It's very similar to a real disc. If it works it would be cheaper than a tiller which appears to be expensive to maintain. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 11:06:10 PM »

That looks about right, but I'd be damned if I'd pay 8 grand + for new, when I see 'em sitting out around these parts for a lot less.

It's just an example. But that's big enough for a couple of acres and then some. Big enough to run a lot of attachments too.Has a nice power take off to run a lot of things even log splitter or a generator post hole digger and so on.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 11:11:04 PM »
The discs are nice but it's not the end because you now have to grade and make the beds. The tiller is att in one shot.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&No=48&Ntt=roto tiller&D=roto tiller&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

Pay a local to low it up for the first time and then use the tiller from then on.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:15:56 PM »

Can you pull that with a lawn tractor?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »
*sigh*  Tools and equipment make mah heart go pitter-pat.

I am a weird sort of female person, nu?

With all the talk of how little the dollar will be worth shortly, I'm plotzing about a place to put some of ours.  Land seems right; I just am unsure of where, but land nearby for growing would be a priority requirement.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »

Can you pull that with a lawn tractor?

Nope works off a 540 rpm power take off. Doesn't have a motor.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »
*sigh*  Tools and equipment make mah heart go pitter-pat.

I am a weird sort of female person, nu?

With all the talk of how little the dollar will be worth shortly, I'm plotzing about a place to put some of ours.  Land seems right; I just am unsure of where, but land nearby for growing would be a priority requirement.

You have enough to grow veggies on to the point that I know you can't possibly eat them all. If you want more land look for grazing land. Live stock,beef pork chickens you can do by you and rabbits for that matter can all happen on two acres and they can be used in the garden too.

I'm not big on the beef stuff cause it takes too much room but small stuff I like even meat goats would work on brushy land if anything they clean out the brush for you and when they get ready to roast bring them in and fatten them up on grain and all the garden waste.

Filippo Mazzie