Author Topic: NATO Commander - Let's look at who these "rebels" are!  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
NATO Commander - Let's look at who these "rebels" are!
« on: March 29, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/29/nato-commander-hey-lets-take-a-closer-look-at-the-rebels/

Uhh...too late dude!  Besides, Duh Wun never gave you a mandate to worry over such trivial matters!  Change is good in and of itself?  Didin't ya get the memo?

/

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: NATO Commander - Let's look at who these "rebels" are!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:49:59 PM »
There are so many elements of outrage and downright stupidity involved in this whole fustercluck, most significanlty the ceding of our national sovereignty, it's almost unbearable.

He's going to put our military on the ground there, under foreign command, assisting former Gitmo detainees.

This will not end well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
BTW, anyone else notice that within Operation Odyssey DAwn is contained OODA, as in OODA loop?

The OODA loop (for observe, orient, decide, and act) is a concept originally applied to the combat operations process, often at the strategic level in both the military operations.

An entity (whether an individual or an organization) that can process this cycle quickly, observing and reacting to unfolding events more rapidly than an opponent, can thereby "get inside" the opponent's decision cycle and gain the advantage.

Operative word:  QUICKLY.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »
He said our air would only be support, such as air tankers then we learned of the AC-130's and the Warthogs.  Well, if our guys were on the ground they would have been support.

oh,

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8039326

CAMP LEJEUNE (WTVD) -- Twenty-two hundred Marines and sailors from Camp Lejeune are preparing to deploy off the coast of Libya in northern Africa. They said goodbye to their families Monday afternoon, and they'll be leaving in the days ahead.
The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit set to deploy to the Mediterranean later this year but that got bumped up once NATO forces launched an air assault on Libya.
The Marines and sailors are being bused to the Morehead City Port Monday evening. They'll board the USS Bataan and set sail for Libya in a few days.

They're expected to be gone for 10 months.

I didn't know they have sailors at Camp Lejeune.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »
. . .
I didn't know they have sailors at Camp Lejeune.

Shae Crisson, the WTVD Reporterette:

Since joining the Eyewitness News team in 2001, Shae has covered several named storms that have hit North Carolina. Some of Shae's most memorable moments include covering the Carolina Hurricanes during their quest for the 2002 Stanley Cup and when they became the 2006 Stanley Cup Champions. She also followed Raleigh native Clay Aiken to the American Idol Finals in Los Angeles and learned a lot about politics covering the North Carolina delegation at the Republican National Convention in New York in 2004.

Guess she is too busy chasing tornadoes to do a little homework. Lejeune is a Marine base, When they need the squids to provide transportation, they just call them down from Norfolk.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline johnnycab23513

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:17:39 PM »
The Marine Corps exists to kill people and break things. The job of Chaplain and Medical Corpsman/Doctor do not fit in with this mission. Naval personnel are assigned to Marine Corps units to fulfill these duties. ::oldman::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 03:23:44 AM »
This thing has hair all over it . Getting worse by the day .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 07:55:36 AM »
Yeah, it's got fustercluck written all over it.

But hey, AQ is praising the change!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110330/wl_nm/us_arabs_qaeda

Doesn't it just make you feel all warm inside knowing you are helping our enemies?!

::falldownshocked::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.