Author Topic: Regretsy Closes its doors  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Regretsy Closes its doors
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:59 PM »
April Winchell has thrown  in  the towel. 

Here is the last ever post which, ironically  explains exactly why I have been visiting Regretsy regularly since I found it..

My position then, as it is now, is that no one but lactivists and Jenny McCarthy cares how you feed your kid, and wouldn’t it be a nicer world if everyone was more like me and stayed out of your f**king face? I think so, too

My position then, as it is now, is that your baby’s penis is none of my business. I also pointed out that circumcision is a part of being raised as a Jew, and that we don’t live in a country where your religious practices are subject to the approval of Etsy sellers. The latter landed me in a great deal of hot water, and I received thousands of emails from people telling me, yes, we do have a right to stop you from practicing your religion if we so choose, because Jews are evil.

I sh*t you not.

EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO CHOICE! Well, everyone except you. You don’t get a say in whether you like body hair or not, because…

NAZI!

Where was I?

Oh yes, body hair on women is a matter of taste, and taste is entirely subjective. Unless you prefer a woman who shaves or waxes, in which case you’re a pedophile.

Anyone else notice a pattern?

oh Right

By now you probably know that today is the last day of school around here. At midnight, the site becomes an archive, allowing me to get down to the important business of drinking myself to death.

Cheers April, and many thanks for many times you have lifted my spirits when confronted with the life sucking, freedom hating , my-way-or-the-highway, zealots of the type featured here.

::beertoast::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Regretsy Closes its doors
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »
I don't get it. Maybe it's just because I've only visited there a coule times. Is there a clue as to why she's closing up shop?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
I don't get it. Maybe it's just because I've only visited there a coule times. Is there a clue as to why she's closing up shop?

I don't think its anything involuntary.
In an earlier post she claims that after 3 1/2 years she has said all she can say about crafting. I think she is just bored of doing it, she has other projects she is trying to start ( sockpuppet theater)  and she is a voice talent/actress and apparently she is working in that area again after a slow period.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:04:38 PM »
It's not a stretch to say the site was different and that the internet was the perfect place for it to thrive, and the colorful people that comment there, what on earth are they going to do now?

PS-Pics of weird hairy chicks freak me out man!  It's like walking into the wrong part of town, man!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 02:03:41 PM »
My favorite entry there was this big dark green robe where the seller added this elaborate description about it being vested with the feminine energies of Mother Earth, and how it had been worn by several powerful women each of whom had contributed to its well of Earth Mother power.

The Regretsy description that followed was "i.e., it smells like BO and clove cigarettes"

ETA - this is it
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:12:47 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 06:46:36 AM »
Heh, perfect description! 

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 06:21:28 AM »
Now, I swear I went to the wayback machine looking for this after the site closed, and the archive was gone.. and couldn't find it.. but it is there NOW....

https://web.archive.org/web/20130212070459/http://www.regretsy.com/archives/

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 09:58:54 PM »
I tried to post a link but the link contains a forbidden word.

Browse the Archives...
Browse by Category...
Category: Bullshyt

Seven Women with Stupid sh*t on Their Heads

It has to be seen to be believed...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 07:47:38 AM »
OK...now did they all regret that or not?  Hard to tell with lunatics...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 01:58:25 PM »
I was reflecting on the fact that my mom used to be a member of that site. She did every kind of arts~n~crafts thing there was. I don't think that there was much of that insanity when she was still frequenting the site - I think that came later. There is another thing that I'm glad she didn't live to see fail.

It appears that the creator of the site was a ticking mental timebomb, just waiting to go off. I wonder if the sane members have found refuge in another arts forum?