Author Topic: Super Sniper, Hero, Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Murdered...  (Read 4270 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Super Sniper, Hero, Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Murdered...
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:52:22 AM »
...by a 25-year-old punk.

There are no words.

Chris Kyle, a former U.S. Navy SEAL credited with the largest number of confirmed kills, was one of two people fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range Saturday, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant told the Star-Telegram that Kyle, 38, was shot by a suspected gunman, identified as 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, around 3:30 p.m.

Routh allegedly opened fire on the two men before fleeing in a pickup truck belonging to one of the victims, according to the report.
Bryant said the suspect was apprehended and taken into custody in Lancaster, southeast of Dallas, about five hours later.

LINK

Kyle set the record for confirmed sniper kills at 150 and received multiple valor awards, including five Bronze Stars with Valor and two Silver Stars, according to US military records.

May he rest in peace.

And may Routh be raped every single day he is in prison.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:26:55 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Super Sniper, Hero, Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Murdered...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:26 AM »
"Kyle wrote the best-selling book, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," detailing his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009.

Kyle was sued by former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura over a portion of the book that claims Kyle punched Ventura in a 2006 bar fight over unpatriotic remarks. Ventura says the punch never happened and that the claim by Kyle defamed him."

Why am I smelling a rat here. Not because I think the moron James Janos had anything to do with the murder, but because this guy had just come onto the public radar as an American war hero within the last year or so.

Navy Seals are meeting their end via non-combat violent death at a rate that seems to me to be far outside coincidence.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:27:21 AM »
Wow, this was the guy who got Ventura's panties in a bunch!

RIP to a REAL American hero in a time of few.   ::USA::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Famed Navy SEAL Chris Kyle Murdered at Gun Range in N. Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 08:44:55 AM »
RIP, SEAL.  I just can't help that my spidey sense is tingling.  Wonder if the suspect will ever make it to trial?

GLEN ROSE, Texas — A former U.S. Navy SEAL who gained recognition during the Iraq War was one of two people fatally shot southwest of Fort Worth on Saturday, KHOU 11 News has learned.

Sources close to the investigation identified the former SEAL as Chris Kyle, 39, author of the New York Times bestselling book, “American Sniper.”

Kyle was shot point-blank while helping another soldier who was recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome, officials said. The murders happened at a shooting range near the town of Glen Rose, about 53 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

The Erath County Sheriff’s Office issued an alert for the arrest of the suspect, who was later identified as Eddie Routh, 25. Officials warned that Routh was traveling in a Ford F-150 pickup with large tires and rims. They said he was believed to be highly trained with military experience.

Routh was reportedly later captured in Lancaster, south of Dallas.

Read more: http://joemiller.us/2013/02/famed-navy-seal-chris-kyle-slain-at-gun-range-in-texas/#ixzz2JqbMqFUw

H/T: JoeMiller.us
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »
I just merged your topic with the earlier one, Glock.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
My guess, the shooter is a PTSD vet pumped full of psychotropic drugs and an unwitting pawn of the Regime.

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »
The Occam's Razor concept would indicate a simpler reason than a conspiracy. I am no fan of conspiracies, myself. People are stupid. And sometimes evil.

Under the people are stupid category: The punk was stupid. Obviously. And any team with Joe Biden as a member? Come on...there is no way that those idiots could craft any kind of conspiracy.

Under the people are sometimes evil category: Well, they are. I frequently that people are basically good. That's ridiculous. People are basically sinful and have to work to be good.

My guess is that drugs and alcohol will be at least partially involved with the shooter.

I do hope he is made to suffer.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
I'm no longer able to dismiss much of anything as black helicopter conspiracy theories, especially not since the Regime has lately been proudly showcasing its....black helicopters....in the downtown areas of major cities. I must apologize to all the Dale Gribbles of the world.

I'm also not inclined to call it conspiracy when they are more or less open about their goals. A lot of their goals are so nefarious reason would dictate that they should be shadowed in conspiracy, but now that the Left believes they are in their endgame scenario they just announce their goals in white papers.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »
Yeah, Janos is a dim flame compared to Kyle and neither he nor anybody in the Regime could come at this guy from any angle...it appears to me this Routh bozo seems to have flipped out, if there is a failed treatment gone wrong here (we are talking about the VA after all) is to be discovered, but absent any evidence to the contrary this act is belongs solely on the accused.  The trial will hopefully fill in the answers and not create more questions.  I am heartbroken over the losses incurred in the active and alumni ranks of the Special Forces community.  These literally are our best and brightest, the ones we look to for handling all the tough and dirty jobs, the patriots who act without reservation and only have themselves to rely on.

R.I.P. Chris.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:39:56 AM »
I'm no longer able to dismiss much of anything as black helicopter conspiracy theories, especially not since the Regime has lately been proudly showcasing its....black helicopters....in the downtown areas of major cities. I must apologize to all the Dale Gribbles of the world.

I'm also not inclined to call it conspiracy when they are more or less open about their goals. A lot of their goals are so nefarious reason would dictate that they should be shadowed in conspiracy, but now that the Left believes they are in their endgame scenario they just announce their goals in white papers.

If this bozo gets snuffed before the trial, or if the trial is closed or laden with so many inconsistencies, then I'll get po'd, but any bad actor who may be involved in something nefarious doesn't have to worry about me, they have to worry about the entire SF community.  They better pray there isn't so much as a hint of a foul smell, they'll be on them like a lion on a carcass.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »
Notice how it happened at a gun range - when a major talking point of the 2A crowd is, "You never see crazed gunmen choosing gun ranges or gun shows, they choose gun-free zones."

Now within the last two weeks we have a murder at a gun range and several "accidents" at gun shows.

With genuine respect for Trap's point and an acknowledgment that getting mired in conspiracy theory is usually a dead-end, I'm winding up pretty much where Glock is. I think plans and agendas can happen independent of grand conspiracies. It doesn't take conspiracy (with all the negative connotation of the word) for people with power to set things in motion and then react to them with a plan. ESPECIALLY when those powerful people own the sources of information dissemination that will be accepted as truth by something approaching a majority, and when those who do NOT accept the lie refuse to act against the liars.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »

If this bozo gets snuffed before the trial, or if the trial is closed or laden with so many inconsistencies, then I'll get po'd, but any bad actor who may be involved in something nefarious doesn't have to worry about me, they have to worry about the entire SF community.  They better pray there isn't so much as a hint of a foul smell, they'll be on them like a lion on a carcass.

You're probably right about that. I have decided to adopt the admittedly extreme position that things like this are, by default, the diabolical machinations of an incipient tyranny unless and until evidence demonstrates otherwise.

On the other hand, if you take a gander at the belly of the beat of conspiracy nutters (Infowars) you will just get pissed off. The article there about this is matter of fact, it's the user comments. Bunch of people saying he was just a NWO murderer who got what he deserved, combined with some bizarre love-fest they seem to have for Jesse Ventura. Some definite oddballs to say the least.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:08:27 PM by Glock32 »

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »

You're probably right about that. I have decided to adopt the admittedly extreme position that things like this are, by default, the diabolical machinations of an incipient tyranny unless and until evidence demonstrates otherwise.

On the other hand, if you take a gander at the belly of the beat of conspiracy nutters (Infowars) you will just get pissed off. The article there about this is matter of fact, it's the user comments. Bunch of people saying he was just a NWO murderer who got what he deserved, combined with some bizarre love-fest they seem to have for Jesse Ventura. Some definite oddballs to say the least.

Maybe I am guarding too hard against my own bias toward the diabolical machinations of incipient tyranny, when dealing with The Regime it is really hard not to, and perhaps I am too wishful in hoping there is not anything nefarious afoot, perhaps I should not purposely blind myself to that possibility, even though I do not think I am.  But adhering to that belief would require a counter-action to address the situation, and that action would be of the irrevocable kind.  My thoughts are troubling enough already, I need more proof.  I will try to dig deeper into this story.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »
One version of the story (and we should never rush to judgement until the story is complete and no longer in doubt) is that the punk was being helped by Kyle...that Kyle had invited him to the range as an outreach through his program to help vets with PTSD. If this is true I would question the therapeutic value of a day at a shooting range for a PTSD sufferer...I would question the judgement of putting a gun in the hands of someone who is known to be mentally unstable. That does not excuse the perpetrator/murderer but it does call into question the common sense of the victim in this particular instance. And I mean no disrespect by that. I admire Kyle on many levels including his outreach to PTSD sufferers but...I think I would have chosen a different means of helping them. Easy to say this after it happened, I know, but there you are.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:56:42 PM by trapeze »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 01:35:10 PM »

The old axiom that goes, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you" is my gyroscope - it helps me to keep my balance in an upside-down world. And a reminder that we didn't get here overnight.

As a matter of fact my brother and I coined a term in the late '80's: "perverse reality". Simply stated, it is a recognition of the process your mind goes through in attempting to adjust,  compensate, and accept a rapidly changing environment - an environment that is decidedly degenerative. Sort of like that movie "They Live" where Roddy Piper dons the glasses that allows him to see what is shrouded to the naked eye of the average drone, I would often find myself marveling at how passive and accepting people were at great injustice being perpetrated against them.

I am reluctant to speak (in any way) ill of this patriot, but I just can't shake the sense that he let down his guard at the wrong time and paid the ultimate price. It is a disturbing feeling.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »
So I'm sure everyone has now heard about Ron Paul tweeting "Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that 'he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.' Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"

I don't entirely disagree that it might not be a great idea to go to a shooting range with someone struggling with PTSD, but the first part of that tweet is insulting BS. But the paulbots, who have a habit of bumrushing online polls and comments sections, have made it clear that they think Kyle was a murderous, sadistic criminal who got what he deserved.

The nub of what bothers me about their puerile argument is this assertion that he was only in Iraq because of imperialistic aggression, and therefore anyone who went there and killed an Iraqi is a murderer. Since when is this the litmus test for justifiability? What, is an army's leadership obligated to share every bit of material intelligence they have with the lowest Private in order to provide proof that the war is justified? Otherwise an individual should flaunt his moral superiority and refuse to go? And that everyone who does go and fight is somehow no different than the Nazis at Nuremberg who protested that they were merely following orders?

Did anyone in 2003 really doubt the premise for attacking Iraq? It was said that Saddam had chemical and biological weapons (and we knew he had used them before) and was actively trying to put them into the hands of terrorist organizations. Whatever part of this was later shown to be untrue, did it not seem perfectly plausible in 2003? This is where the Ron Paul breed of libertarian just paints themselves into mental corners of their own creation and why they can't really be taken seriously.

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 04:34:11 PM »
...Did anyone in 2003 really doubt the premise for attacking Iraq? It was said that Saddam had chemical and biological weapons (and we knew he had used them before) and was actively trying to put them into the hands of terrorist organizations. Whatever part of this was later shown to be untrue, did it not seem perfectly plausible in 2003? This is where the Ron Paul breed of libertarian just paints themselves into mental corners of their own creation and why they can't really be taken seriously.

I think that to the firebreathing Paulites, that is all beside the point Glock. To them, "War is NOT the Answer"™, and it doesn't matter to them whether Hussein had WMDs or whether people believed he did. For these people (and their spiritual leader "Dr. Paul") nothing justifies the killing of anybody - even more so when those being killed are the enemies of Jews.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »
...Did anyone in 2003 really doubt the premise for attacking Iraq? It was said that Saddam had chemical and biological weapons (and we knew he had used them before) and was actively trying to put them into the hands of terrorist organizations. Whatever part of this was later shown to be untrue, did it not seem perfectly plausible in 2003? This is where the Ron Paul breed of libertarian just paints themselves into mental corners of their own creation and why they can't really be taken seriously.

I think that to the firebreathing Paulites, that is all beside the point Glock. To them, "War is NOT the Answer"™, and it doesn't matter to them whether Hussein had WMDs or whether people believed he did. For these people (and their spiritual leader "Dr. Paul") nothing justifies the killing of anybody - even more so when those being killed are the enemies of Jews.

Yeah, clearly you are right.  I mean -- consider the source -- but get a load of this:  http://www.infowars.com/ron-pauls-antiwar-tweet-drives-neocon-warmongers-into-frenzy/

Fruits and nuts.

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 04:51:03 PM »

Yeah, they are already against the next war - even if its a war to keep them free. War is never the answer, and therefore the revolutionary war, the civil war, and WWII should never have been fought.   Its the pacifist Liberalism of the Paul bots that gets to me. I suspect that Obama is up to no good with his foreign policy, but I can't prove it. I can't see the whole ground, and "imperialist aggression"  is everyone. Welcome to planet earth. If its not us doing it to them, it will be them doing it to us. I think FrankJ's Nuke the Moon strategy would be best. Being powerful makes you a target. Being powerful  AND crazy? That says "leave me alone"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 06:59:23 PM »

Yeah, clearly you are right.  I mean -- consider the source -- but get a load of this:  http://www.infowars.com/ron-pauls-antiwar-tweet-drives-neocon-warmongers-into-frenzy/

Fruits and nuts.

Wow, good find. thanks for reminding me why I won't allow a paultard in the same room as me (or anyone I care about).