Author Topic: Tax Policy Expert: Bruce Springsteen  (Read 1659 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Tax Policy Expert: Bruce Springsteen
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:57:14 PM »
Here's a fool for you on April 1st, although this guy is a year-round fool.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Bruce Springsteen has written a letter to his local New Jersey newspaper criticizing the policies of his state's budget cutting Governor.

In a letter to his hometown newspaper, legendary rocker and Garden State icon Bruce Springsteen laments its recent report about how the state was slashing programs that help its poorest citizens while sparing more affluent residents from the budget axe.

"The article is one of the few that highlights the contradictions between a policy of large tax cuts, on the one hand, and cuts in services to those in the most dire conditions, on the other," Springsteen writes to the editors of the Asbury Park Press.

That's very righteous of rocker Springsteen, but meanwhile, back in February of this year, Fox News reported that Springsteen (also his former drummer Max Weinberg and Jon Bon Jovi) have taken advantage of New Jersey's tax laws to significantly cut their taxes on country properties by producing a minimum threshold of $500 a year's worth of farm products.

Fox stated, both in a video report and an article, that Springsteen's "Cadillac Ranch." According to Fox reporter Barbara Nevins Taylor:

Springsteen pays more than $138,000 a year in taxes on his three-acre Colts Neck home, but just $4,639 on the adjoining 200 acres, which is organically farmed and has horses, according to the report.

Just $4, 639 in taxes on 200 acres? Looks like Bruce's image as a working class hero is "Going Down," to quote from one of his famous song titles. Springsteen's accusation has been unable to "throw that speedball" by Fox News and probably Governor Christie like Bruce's buddy could in his "Glory Days."

Hey, Bruce, did you ever think that if these faux farmers in New Jersey had paid their fair share of taxes, the working guys and gals of Newark and Hoboken who made up the difference in the state budget would have had enough spare money to buy the Fords made in that Metuchen plant you sing about in "Glory Days" -- and it might have stayed open?

Liberals often twist Jesus's famous words around and cast the first stone to claim that they are without sin. But for Bruce Springsteen, this does not look like "A Brilliant Disguise."

My alma mater.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Tax Policy Expert: Bruce Springsteen
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »
I get so sick of these box-o'-rox entertainers. Stick to feeding the poor and AIDS - you're good at that stuff, and you can have a direct impact.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
I get so sick of these box-o'-rox entertainers. Stick to feeding the poor and AIDS - you're good at that stuff, and you can have a direct impact.

The guy has another person farming his land without chemicals of course and he saves thousands on his taxes. And bitches about other people saving a buck. I'm sick of these two faced bastards.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:57:32 PM »
The state doesn't have the money for the services, you dope. If that really bothers you all that much then hold a telethon and see how many of your precious Garden State dwellers are willing to pay for them. Otherwise, sit down and shut up.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
Here is the link to the original story in the Asbury Park Press. 400 comments so far. I think that I will pass on my advice there.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »
Springsteen's always been an ass.  Years ago I heard him expounding on how the average guy in America couldn't "make it", which doesn't explain his success, unless (of course he does) he counts himself as one of the anointed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »
Bornnnnn in the USSR!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." -- "Alice Cooper"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »
"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." -- "Alice Cooper"

::newyear::  ::guitar::  ::thumbsup::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 06:18:28 AM »
I'm waitin' for Lady GaGa to tell me what to think . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 07:30:51 AM »
Shut up and pretend to sing. ::guitar::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »
Shut up and pretend to sing. ::guitar::
Now that is funny! ::hysterical::
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »
 ::hysterical::

Ga Ga Ga Ga ga ga......

Seen her without all that makeup? Skeery.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »

Ga Ga Ga Ga ga ga......

Seen "her"? Sure bout dat?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »

Ga Ga Ga Ga ga ga......

Seen "her"? Sure bout dat?

Only when I look from the neck down....But great strides have been made in plastic surgery.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »

Actually, Alice Cooper is, in my opinion, one of the more intelligent voices in rock. According to wikipedia:

...in the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, when he declared that the then crop of rock stars campaigning for and touring on behalf of Democratic candidate John Kerry were "treasonous morons"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »

Actually, Alice Cooper is, in my opinion, one of the more intelligent voices in rock. According to wikipedia:

...in the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, when he declared that the then crop of rock stars campaigning for and touring on behalf of Democratic candidate John Kerry were "treasonous morons"

Alice Cooper sang between periods at a Nashville Predator game a few weeks ago....I knew there was reason to like this guy.