Author Topic: Alternatives to America?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Alternatives to America?
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:46 AM »
  A lot of this will play out all by itself,all planing now will do is fill in time.When the time comes the choices will surface and the decisions will be made.Nobody here has bought a place in another state in case we need to run because we don't know what direction to go in yet.

I would argue a physical location is not as important per se.  America as a physical entity containing the things we've valued from our Founding may no longer exist, but the ideals of America - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - the natural God-given rights of man - they reside in our heart, our mind and our soul - that can never be extinguished!

Having said that, if a state (say for example Texas) were to secede, I would drop everything and rally to her.

No argument there but I tend to believe that there will be more choices out there.

I hope too there are more than two options!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Alternatives to America?
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
I fear that Colorado is going the way of California.
Of course it is.. where do you think our population growth came from?

It really matters how this goes down. If States are allowed secede peacefully,  then we probably all pull up stakes, move to the free states,  and live well until the Blue States inevitably go the way of  Detroit, and start to present  a threat to our ( new) national interest.  However, I think that has a low probability of happening.  The Blue United  States can't have at least half of their  most productive and wealthiest  citizens leaving - especially with the debt they racked up.  Open armed conflict will ensue.  Provided they don't deploy WMD (nukes, chemical or bio-weapons)  I suspect we will see massive resistance in EVERY rural area of the US... even in Blue States. The next civil war will be country mice vs city mice.   Wars are about territory and the Liberals all live in  fragile little sandcastles called cities. If states surrounding Colorado seceded  how many bordering rural counties  would petition Wyoming, or Utah to become part of their state, or start acting like it in all but name? How much food would be produced and shipped to the liberal enclaves in the cities and towns?  How many of those shipments would never make it? How much of the electrical grid travels through rural counties?

The Colorado  Front range here is also very dependent  upon the water infrastructure (as is LA in California) There  are tunnels driven through solid rock to move water to the plains.  Many places in Colorado cannot locally sustain  the population in them, and are dependent upon a select few roads and passes  for the  transport of goods. If push came to shove here, the infrastructure  could be easily crippled - for months - without directly hurting a single human being.  If that was combined with a  (militia enforced) boycott of food and supplies from the surrounding seceded  states - Colorado cities would be quickly hurting - and blaming the govt for not protecting them.     Even in the rural areas of Colorado, liberals live in town (they have to be seen and heard you know) , don't own 4WD  ( unless a Subaru Outback counts) , and generally don't own firearms or know how to hunt - and they are outnumbered  by the conservatives in the surrounding areas - most of whom, given the successions and civil war, are now completely happy to watch them suffer and starve, backed up by law enforcement inclined to do the same.

I suspect  that many places,  even in Blue states, will look much the same.  Yes, the military can try to start taking out rebel forces one farmhouse at a time-- as they have been doing in Afghanistan.. and you see how well that works, and the United states is much larger, and the rural counties are where the food comes from. They can't scorch the earth without making up the loss of production from overseas-- and their influence there (and here) will be diminishing as they print dollars to pay for this war on the American people who want nothing other than to be left alone.  They will have a split in the Democratic party - pacifists vs hawks - Just like there was in the first Civil War, and this admin will be forced to show its brutal hand against the useless idiots in the cities as well.

Its thinking about this stuff that scares me so much.. you see all of the difficulty for the dictators UNLESS they kill us all with WMD. A Bio weapon  that forces people to report to the FEMA camp for inoculation, classification and processing. Here is your RFID chip- "just so we have a record of what treatment you received".  You are assigned to Gulag 1 refugee camp 1 , and your husband will go to the showers for "decontamination"  Oops- he was sicker than we thought. He isn't coming back Oh, and those meds that kill the contagion we released, yeah unfortunately they mixed with an genetically engineered  addictive substance. Stay in line or you will face a painful withdrawl.

Of course, if they have and intend to use such a weapon, why haven't they used it already? What event are they  waiting for?
I suspect their Hubris really makes them think they can subjugate us with out it. However if it looks like they might loose, perhaps then they deploy it.  The H1N1 bit was certainly trying to gauge reaction to such a thing.