Author Topic: Glacier going boom?  (Read 977 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Glacier going boom?
« on: February 05, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »
Aside from the putz at the end lecturing about who knows AGW? It's really cool no pun intended.

"CHASING ICE" captures largest glacier calving ever filmed - OFFICIAL VIDEO
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Glacier going boom?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:04:56 PM »
That's awesome.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that some Warmists blew it up in order to obtain "evidence".
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:29 AM »
Yeah, I bet 10, 20, 50, 100, 250k years ago, that would have never happened...right?

It's a glacier, calving happens!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 10:15:32 AM »
Well it IS getting warmer , and has been in the short term since 1850.  In the longer term for 15000 years. (and anyone who speaking in terms of meaningful  warming over years or decades, is a MORON. That is Weather.  50 years means 50 samples, and  anyone who knows math knows that is not statistically meaningful in most situations- and especially in situations where the noise is an order of magnitude greater than your signal like this one.) 

Nor is warming bad. ..at one point CO2 was 3000X higher than it is now and  most of the earth was covered with a Rain forest. It was one of the most abundant times for life  on earth. Because food grew everywhere, water was everywhere, and  there was enough heat to let giant reptiles live near the poles. Humanity would prosper in such an environment - probably why the greenies hate the idea.