Author Topic: "Lipidleggin'"  (Read 657 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Lipidleggin'"
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
Somebody has made a video adaptation of F. Paul Wilson’s 1978 story, “Lipidleggin’.”

Lipidleggin' - 1080p HD Official Release

Wilson (a physician when he’s not writing great, freedom-tinged supernatural fiction) wrote it back in the day when the fedgov insisted margarine was just the healthiest thing in the whole, wide world — which somehow makes it even more amusing now.

Acting isn't that great, but the point is made.  Btw, Wilson also wrote, among many other fiction novels, "The Keep"; a movie was made of it in 1983.

H/T Claire Wolfe, of "America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" fame.  Or maybe the word is notoriety.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: "Lipidleggin'"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:53:44 PM »
That movie "The Keep" was one of my faves in the sci-fi/horror genre. It doesn't stand the test of time very well (largely because of the heavily synthesized 80's musical score by Tangerine Dream and the 80's direction style of Michael Mann), but it's still fun for me to watch and remenisce.

A much younger Ian McKellan, Scott Glenn, and one of my cult fave actors, Jurgen Prochnow make for a well-acted movie, in spite of its 80's-ishness. The concept is so cool. A demon imprisoned by a talisman in an old stone keep stalks Nazis who occupy the keep, gaining the appreciation of the Romanian locals. The demon's assault on the Nazis tricks the locals into believing that releasing him from his prison will turn the war in their favor. Such a novel concept. That's actually one I'd like to see remade some day.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »
"Each one o' us is worth a thousand o' them."

From his lips to God's ears.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »
Heh, good stuff!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.