Author Topic: NE to get the next Snowmageddon  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
NE to get the next Snowmageddon
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:28:58 AM »
Dan, JF's daughter & family, etc take note!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/blizzard-to-bury-new-england-at-the-end-of-week/5673457

Anybody getting 2 feet of snow is getting a lot, I don't care where you are.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: NE to get the next Snowmageddon
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »
Mom's in NJ, hoping the precipitation of whatever kind holds off until after she gets home from the doc.

Thanks for the heads-up, Libertas.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »

And those Poor-n-Starvin' Sandy victims without heat or electricity, 30,000 souls, I'm told.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:36:15 AM »
Oh, Massa O'Bongo still dis'n them, eh?

::hanging::

Massa says "hang in there, gubmint is here to halp"!

::unknowncomic::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
It's FEMA that's the problem, from what I understand.  It isn't a matter of going to them for help, it's them deciding how things are to be rebuilt, using the "updated regulations" from other agencies, such as the EPA.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »
I wish people would just start doing what is necessary to make a civilization work and tell the Feds to go fornicate themselves.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
I wish people would just start doing what is necessary to make a civilization work and tell the Feds to go fornicate themselves.

::clapping::   ::snoopydance::   ::beavisbutthead::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 01:47:14 PM »

People.  Yup.  All people, or many people need to start sticking together to get it done and that means throwing out whole lot of rules and regs and that means no CYA behind which to hide.

Anything rebuilt in Sandy Hook needs permitting; the permitting requirements are set by multiple boards, Planning/Zoning/Environmental and, if I'm not mistaken, are superceded by any more stringent State regs which are superceded by any more stringent Federal rules.

So, Jones goes off to the permitting office to get permission to repair his property and finds out it's going to cost out-of-pocket money he doesn't have, and costs which the insurance company won't cover without the pre-existing special, particular riders, because the "standards have changed", and who exactly is going to put his job/pension/neck on the line to tell Jones to go ahead and ignore the bullspit, he'll cover for him?

Roger Simon, of PJ Media, is going through all of this right now, and many others like him.  After Katrina, the EPA or whothehellever went around the whole country re-rating levees and dams and the like, creating, in effect, new flood-plain zones.  Requiring new "standards".  Because of this, what Simon et al. have run into requires rebuilding on 20 foot stilts.

It [government] covers the surface of society with a network of small complicated rules, minute and uniform, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate, to rise above the crowd. The will of man is not shattered, but softened, bent, guided; men are seldom forced by it to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting: such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to be nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd. - Alexis de Tocqueville

It is for this reason alone, this sense of STIFLE, that I wish to see it all burn.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »
Agreed, Alexis called it right, he foresaw the issue clearly, as did our Founders, the latter having been tossed to the curb by statists in both parties!

BURN!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 06:49:13 AM »
Looks like NY could get some of this weather too, some globalwarmink coming your way too Rick.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/blizzard-to-bury-new-england-at-the-end-of-week/5673457

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:40 AM »
Looks like NY could get some of this weather too, some globalwarmink coming your way too Rick.

It's here.  We're on the south side of this one.  Bah-stun will get hammered.  Only an inch or so so far, now turning to rain (which will keep the accumulations down).  We're supposed to have 2" an hour stuff this evening.

I happened to look at the weather on line early yesterday.  First I heard of the storm, but then I don't watch tv news.  Figured I'd better go shopping yesterday instead of my normal today.  Good decision (one of my few).  Now making carrot-ginger soup.  I made the seasoned croutons yesterday.  As they say, soup is good food.  Homemade soup, even more so.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 11:28:15 AM »

It's here.  We're on the south side of this one.  Bah-stun will get hammered.  Only an inch or so so far, now turning to rain (which will keep the accumulations down).  We're supposed to have 2" an hour stuff this evening.

I happened to look at the weather on line early yesterday.  First I heard of the storm, but then I don't watch tv news.  Figured I'd better go shopping yesterday instead of my normal today.  Good decision (one of my few).  Now making carrot-ginger soup.  I made the seasoned croutons yesterday.  As they say, soup is good food.  Homemade soup, even more so.

Me neither, local news is   ::puke::  and network news is worse!

Enjoy the victuals!   ::thumbsup::

RickZ

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
Enjoy the victuals!   ::thumbsup::

The victuals be damn fine!  And tasty, too!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »
  Keeping tabs on everybody up north and everybody was ready by yesterday. All have plenty of fuel and food and all the equipment was fired up and checked so that there are no surprises.

Spoke to daughter about an hour ago and the snow is coming in bands like a hurricane would and they had about 10 inches on the ground already and is going to get worse  and worse as the night goes on and the winds are picking up.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 10:21:30 AM »
Anything over 24" is impressive for just about anywhere.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/09/snowfall-nearing-record-levels-several-more-inches-coming/

A blocked tailpipe is a well known issue we in the north are always concerned about, perhaps not as obvious in MA, losing a 14 year old is sad.

http://wgntv.com/2013/02/10/northeast-digs-out-from-deadly-blizzard/

I had a couple hours of freezing rain this AM, switched over to heavy snow about a half hour ago, I mean blizzard and huge flakes, some of these flakes are a couple inches across. Supposed to get 5-9", not unnavigable for us if you have good vehicles/tires, but my morning commute tomorrow looks like it could be nasty.  Oh well.

Heard some out east are without power, hope they took precautions.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 05:27:06 PM »
  This is my daughters yard:

Cole Joseph
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »
  Check out beside the sled to give you an idea how deep it got.

Cole Joseph
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »
Yep, it's WINTER IN THE NORTHEAST.  Jeez, news/weather people, get a grip.

My folks in NJ got a foot.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »
Looks like MN!   ;D

Might as well enjoy it.   ::thumbsup::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
Meanwhile winter has been a no-show for the 2nd year in a row here. I hate a mild winter.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly