Author Topic: Pope Benedict XVI Announces Resignation  (Read 5102 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Pope Benedict XVI Announces Resignation
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:06:50 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

First Pope to resign in over 600 years.  Now the horse-trading begins...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Announces Resignation
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:34:39 AM »
Is this the fulfillment of the prophesy of Father Malachy?

Working my way through a book, Petrus Romanus. (Little bit of woo woo?)

Father Malachy prophesied that there would only be 112 popes with Benedict the 111th.

The 112th would usher in the Anti-Christ.

Supposedly, he gave accurate descriptions of every Pope that followed his current Pope that is claimed to be surprisingly accurate.

The book said Petrus Romanus would be here in 2012. Pretty close

I don't know if it's true but there sure seem to be enough other indicators we're heading for the End Times

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:42:27 AM »
A Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi, said that even Pope Benedict's closest aides did not know what he was planning to do and were left "incredulous". He added that the decision showed "great courage" and "determination".

A courageous quitter - now there's an example for the kiddies. Perhaps we should all try that?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »
Obama will honor the Pope's service by posting a picture of himself lighting a candle at a Catholic church.

Neal Bortz

::thinking::

::hysterical::

::angel::

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
If anyone is interested in the book, here's a link to the author's site

http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/

It looks like it is serialized

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:36:51 AM »
I'm not a Catholic so this story is of very limited interest to me but...if I had to guess I would be guessing that he is experiencing the onset of dementia and has decided, while he still can, to resign now so that the church may be led by someone who can properly fulfill the duties of the position.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
Is this the fulfillment of the prophesy of Father Malachy?

Working my way through a book, Petrus Romanus. (Little bit of woo woo?)

Father Malachy prophesied that there would only be 112 popes with Benedict the 111th.

The 112th would usher in the Anti-Christ.

Supposedly, he gave accurate descriptions of every Pope that followed his current Pope that is claimed to be surprisingly accurate.

The book said Petrus Romanus would be here in 2012. Pretty close

I don't know if it's true but there sure seem to be enough other indicators we're heading for the End Times

That's a tough call...hoping Malachy took a wee bit more libations than he should have and hoping he got it wrong or saying what the heck and get on with battling evil...I think there is a case to be made either way.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
Obama will honor the Pope's service by posting a picture of himself lighting a candle at a Catholic church.

Neal Bortz

::thinking::

::angel::

OK, now that there is just plain funny, I don't care who you are!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
Trap, I understand your lack of interest.
For me, I am not Catholic either and in normal times, it would be just an event that happens.

I do believe in the possibility that this is a significant event. A dot.
I am a mild skeptic but there are many things that point to this becoming the End Times

Add in Johnathan Cahn's The Harbinger and we may be headed to interesting times

I'm not strongly religious but do believe the real battle is a supernatural one between the forces of Light and Darkness.
God and Satan.

Our battles here for freedo0m and liberty are part of that war

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
I'm a lapsed Catholic and I have to admit this news has made me very uneasy, for reasons I can't explain.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
A Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi, said that even Pope Benedict's closest aides did not know what he was planning to do and were left "incredulous". He added that the decision showed "great courage" and "determination".

A courageous quitter - now there's an example for the kiddies. Perhaps we should all try that?

There is a strong Leftist faction in the Church and in the Vatican.  If he is indeed suffering from dementia, or isn't strong enough to fight them, it *is* best he resign lest words and deeds be done under color of his name with few being the wiser.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »
I am not Catholic either, but I will go ahead and make this prediction: the next Pope will be non-European. Now, you could say that would be sensible considering the large Catholic populations in South America, the Philippines, and so on, but I think we know that's not why they'd choose one.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 01:37:35 PM »

There is a strong Leftist faction in the Church and in the Vatican.  If he is indeed suffering from dementia, or isn't strong enough to fight them, it *is* best he resign lest words and deeds be done under color of his name with few being the wiser.

Full disclosure: I'm not Catholic

I am generally loathe to make value judgments on anyone elses religion (throwing stones and all that). Even with CC I gave him space to herald his chosen faith. that said, the Catholic Church has serious problems and will become irrelevant (or worse) within our lifetimes if they do not change course. The fact that they have not distanced themselves from the likes of john kerry (did you know he served in Viet Nam?!) and Nazi Pelosi should be proof enough that they are living a paradox of hypocrisy or cognitive dissonance at the very least.

This is nothing new or substantially different than other major Christian sects expect for the fact that they are the "big dogs" and consequently have a greater effect and influence on public perception. I am aware of the influence and sway that the libtards have within the church and of course that's troubling since everything the left touches, they turn to liquid baby-crap.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 02:29:59 PM »
The Candiean feller is odds on favorite, but I could see an African, the Dark Continent is ripe for pandering to.  which is hilarious since a lot of the more radical countries like slaughtering Christians, not that a African Pope would stem that slaughter...

::)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »
Hmm, not the best image one could hope for -

Pope Resigns, few hours later lightning strikes St.Peter's dome

::speechless::   ::exitstageleft::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 07:14:21 AM »
The new front-runner - Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9866227/Pope-resigns-Peter-Turkson-reveals-vision-for-the-Church-and-alternative-lifestyles.html

"Cardinal Turkson has caused controversy in the past both by screening a video claiming that Europe faced being overrun by Muslims and by insisting that condoms were not the solution to preventing HIV."

That'll tork off the liberals!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 11:57:50 AM »
Of course.  The US elected the first Black ::snort:: President so now we all simply must have the first Black Pope or we're not evolving properly.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 12:01:13 PM »
Of course.  The US elected the first Black ::snort:: President so now we all simply must have the first Black Pope or we're not evolving properly.

That was my first thought when I saw the potential new guys picture, but I didn't want to be accused of being a raaaacist.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 11:47:04 AM »
Interesting read, nothing earth-shattering, but perhpas I am less inclined to be surprised by machinations within the Vatican, it has been so for centuries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/pope-benedict-xvis-leaked-documents-show-fractured-vatican-full-of-rivalries/2013/02/16/23ce0280-76c2-11e2-8f84-3e4b513b1a13_print.html

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 12:40:39 PM »

An African Christian, having survived in that slaughterous
hell hole, may be just what the Church needs.