Author Topic: Pali's don't like Israeli "island" idea for dealing with Gaza shipments  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I think this is a brilliant idea, but of course the Pali's hate it, so Foggy Bottom (Hilary!) and Duh Wun will hate it also.

Too bad...

http://af.reuters.com/article/egyptNews/idAFLDE72T0IZ20110330?sp=true
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Of course they'll hate it . It makes too damned much sense !   ::angry::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Is this not amazing?  The Israelis are willing to do for the Palis what they won't do for themselves, nor will any other Arab country; this solution freeing Gaza to grow and prosper and Israel from having to police them in this way and they're BITCHING!!  As though it's being done TO them instead of FOR THEM!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
There is no desire whatsoever on the part of "Palestinians" Arabs, or Muslims anywhere to solve the problems between Israel and its neighbors. Common sense solutions run counter to their goals.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Push them into the sea and just call it a day!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

I was very disappointed with the Israelis.
The headline led one to believe they were going to build the Pali's an island on which to live; probably based on ideas from the Emirates and Japan's constructions, that they would vacate the mainland.  Not so.  Very disappointing, indeed.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I was thinking the Israelis would build an island for themselves. Within 10 years they'd make it into productive land and the Arabs would be whining about how they stole it from Allah's own seafloor.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly