Author Topic: This boy's got the 'nads  (Read 1367 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
This boy's got the 'nads
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:40:59 PM »
Gun permit suspended after YouTube video
NASHVILLE, Jan. 11 (UPI) -- Tennessee has suspended the handgun carry permit of a firearms trainer who said he'd "be glad to fire the first shot" in a civil war over gun control. James Yeager, chief executive officer of Tactical Response in Camden, Tenn., said in a video posted Wednesday, "Vice President Biden is asking the president to bypass Congress and use executive privilege -- executive order -- to ban assault rifles ... to impose stricter gun control. "I'm telling you that if that happens it's going to spark a civil war and I'll be glad to fire the first shot," he said. "I'm not putting up with it. You shouldn't put up with it. And I need all you patriots to start thinking about what you're going to do. Load your dam mags, make sure your rifle is clean, pack a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight." The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security said Friday it has suspended Yeager's handgun carry permit based on "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public," WTVF-TV, Nashville, reported. "The number one priority for our department is to ensure the public's safety," Tennessee Safety and Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons said. "Mr. Yeager's comments were irresponsible, dangerous, and deserved our immediate attention." The department said Yeager is not a Department of Safety and Homeland Security certified instructor, and Tactical Response also is not certified, The (Nashville) Tennessean reported. Yeager, 42, can ask a court to review the department's decision to suspend his permit, the report said.

He should have clarified who he was gonna shoot.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: This boy's got the 'nads
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »
Just my luck. Day late and a $ short. ::unknowncomic::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:31:26 AM »
We've all been there and done that.   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »
He semi walked back what he said after lots of people went apesh*t. However there is another video where he is interviewed by some journotard, and she says all serious something like "The line you've drawn in the sand makes a lot of people nervous."

His answer was "Good. It's time for that."

I liked it.

James Yeager Interview About His Inflamatory Video Gone Viral 'Pack Your Bags'
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:47 PM »
And Uncle Ted is looking to create the next controversy around himself, he is already sounding more conciliatory than last time -

Nugent added that he would be outspoken after the event but “remain respectful to the office of the presidency and the event itself.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/ted-nugent-promises-to-take-on-media-orgy-at-sotu-audio/

The time for respecting fascist trash is long over IMO.  I say go for it and don't apologize to anybody for standing up for our God-given rights!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »

I think there is a time and a place for a bit of bombast. I think even Alex Jones' appearance on Piers Morgan's show ended up being a net positive because people are moved when they recognize passion. They aren't moved by dry, even toned recitations that sound like a member of the school debate club arguing for an assigned position -- one that they may not even personally hold -- just because it's good academic exercise.

The conventional wisdom is that you have to be emotionless and strictly factual, and absolutely do not make it personal. The way I see it, we've been pretty well having our asses handed to us in the Culture War by strict adherence to this mindset. If it were anything like a fair arena of ideas then I would agree with this idealistic view. But we know it's anything but a fair playing field, and our only avenue for success is to bypass the media's filter. And that means that someone like Alex Jones might have to take advantage of a live broadcast and totally upend their planned formula. I note that no other outlets have had him come in for an interview, and I find that rather telling. If they really thought they could lampoon this caricature of a right wing loon, and by extension paint all gun owners with that brush, wouldn't they be doing so? They live for such opportunities. I think it's an implicit admission that they don't like it when we get angry and in their faces because it causes their information filters to breakdown.

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:26:08 PM »
On the subject of Yeager, here is a direct quote from a member of a fishing forum I belong to. I've never met this guy, but do respect his opinion on security. He's ex-military, has many years contracting with Blackwater and doesn't bulls!it around. He says:

This guy is a total ass clown, he's a fukin Joke. He was working in Iraq with aegis I think when several of his team mates got killed, it was a series of horrible stupid mistakes but his actions during the incident have been HIGHLY criticized, I have read the after action report and I also have the video of the event. I'm not going to publicly second guess his actions that day in this forum but I will say I would NEVER take instruction from this guy and would not operate on the same team as him if for no other reason than he's an arrogant ass clown and ill stop at that. This was my opinion long before he made these comments on video. I have worked with some of the best tactical operators in the world and they would not want this glory hound on their team, for a number of reasons most of which I won't go into on here.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 01:52:36 PM »
I've heard similar comments. It might be true. I'd never even heard of the guy until Ann Barnhardt linked to the original video with her seal of approval.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 05:48:02 PM »
Interesting, it can be hard sometimes to tell the self-promoting glory hounds until some time passes as past acquittance's have time to come out, not that public finger-pointing is any better at getting to the "truth".

Some people still think Jesse Ventura's opinion matters a damn, so, even a sullied reputation doesn't deter some people from buying what they're selling.

Sometimes it turns out to be a case of the right message and the wrong messenger.  It would explain Ann's endorsement.