Author Topic: "Suspected" tornado collapses FLA airport hangar trapping 70  (Read 1083 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Suspected" tornado collapses FLA airport hangar trapping 70
« on: March 31, 2011, 12:12:30 PM »
DEVELOPING: At least 70 people are trapped in a collapsed building at a central Florida airport after severe weather hit the region, Fox News confirms.

An air show was taking place at the Lakeland Regional Airport when the violent weather tore through.

Powerful winds, severe thunderstorms and some tornadoes are sweeping across Tampa Bay and central Florida.

St. Petersburg Fire Rescue said Thursday that a tractor-trailer was blown over on its side and fell on two vehicles. All of the people involved declined medical treatment.

At the St. Petersburg-Clearwater Airport, several small planes were blown over and there are multiple reports of downed trees and power lines.

Winds gusted up to 90 miles per hour in Tampa, and emergency crews were responding to a report of a building collapse with no injuries.

A janitor at an elementary school in a suburb northwest of downtown Tampa was taken to a hospital after he lightning struck near him.

It was the second day of strong storms in the region.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2011/03/31/suspected-tornado-collapses-airport-hangar-trapping-70/#ixzz1ICLbJKlQ
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: "Suspected" tornado collapses FLA airport hangar trapping 70
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »

"They" are now saying maybe they were under a tent (canopy) at the airshow and it collapsed, then they sought shelter in the hanger.  Nothing is verified yet.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »
Presumed innocent until proven guilty?  ::confused::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »
Presumed innocent until proven guilty?  ::confused::

Definitely, because the "experts" must be relied on to "officially" confirm - or negate - what's been seen and heard by those present.

If the "instruments" cannot confirm the event, it didn't happen.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"