Author Topic: AG Kane Eviscerates Florida License to Carry Firearms Reciprocity Agreement  (Read 977 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Today, February 8, 2013, Attorney General Kathleen Kane followed through on her pledge to eviscerate Pennsylvania’s reciprocity agreement with Florida, regarding licenses to carry firearms (LTCFs).

In a Notice from Attorney General Kathleen Kane, she announces that she has, unsupported by the law, “entered into a modification of the current firearm reciprocity agreement with the state of Florida.” In explaining the “modification”, she declares,  “If you are currently a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from the state of Florida, your Florida permit will no longer be recognized in Pennsylvania 120 days from the date of this Notice, or on June 8, 2013.”

She doesn't have the authority to modify existing agreements, and nothing in the laws of either State warrant any modification anyway because the laws haven't changed.

Just more of government officials deciding which laws to follow and which to not by usurping the people's authority.

H/T Instapundit
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This won't end until we eviscerate them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Yep.

They've forgotten for whom they work.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Which brings up a point that has been foremost in my mind lately. I am sick of hearing them referred to as "officials" and "authorities". They are servants and I want to make a conscious effort to always refer to them as such.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Which brings up a point that has been foremost in my mind lately. I am sick of hearing them referred to as "officials" and "authorities". They are servants and I want to make a conscious effort to always refer to them as such.

Excellent point. I always refer to them (especially in person) as "public servants".  ::evil::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
The Left is openly attacking liberty on all fronts now. Their claims to the contrary are only for the history books they intend to write. They seek to steal liberty where it is immediately possible, and where it is not, to overwhelm the here and now.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

Another story playing the Name That Party game.

From Wiki:

Kathleen Granahan Kane (born 1966 or 1967) is an American lawyer and politician who is the Attorney General of Pennsylvania. She is the first woman ever elected to the position and the first Democrat to be elected since it became an elective office in 1980. . . . In 2007, Kane worked for a private law firm in Scranton, Pennsylvania, and took a position with the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.

It really is time to start hunting tyrannical busybody politicians with extreme prejudice.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Agreed, massive in-their-face pushback on these tyrants, fvck 'em, we are their boss, not the other way around!  And we do not recognize their illegal usurpations or dictatorial decrees!  Everybody with a FL permit in PA should defy this statist twit and everybody in PA and the rest of the nation should support them 100%!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
If the history of the American downfall is ever written, one of the major themes in it must be the transference of power from legislative to executive bodies. It has brought us to the point of systemic crisis, and the fact that a great deal of it has occurred by the legislature itself leads me to believe they're all in on one big statist conspiracy. It's occurring at every level of government. We now have a president who gets in front of the entire Federal legislature and Supreme Court and openly announces his position that the legislative branch is no more than an irrelevant little nuisance to his plans. And they stand and applaud him for it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Aye.

We have a nice record here, maybe some of it may survive.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.