Author Topic: Olympic Arms suspends all business with State of New York  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Olympic Arms suspends all business with State of New York
« on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
This is at least the second gun company to announce this policy. It's exactly the sort of response we need to see. Stop selling weapons and gear to these roid-raging Special-Forces-wannabes. If the government is going to step all over the rights of the citizenry, then let the "Only Ones" abide by the same restrictions.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/olympic-arms-to-new-york-state-take-your-business-elsewhere
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Olympic Arms suspends all business with State of New York
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 04:43:03 PM »
Good.  Now they need to move the hell out of there before TPTB exact their revenge.  I hear Texas is looking for people and companies just like them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »
Good.  Now they need to move the hell out of there before TPTB exact their revenge.  I hear Texas is looking for people and companies just like them.

Olympic Arms is a Washington state arms manufacturer.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 06:57:45 AM »
Good, I want MOAR!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »

Olympic Arms is a Washington state arms manufacturer.

Oops.  I stand corrected.  This is what I get for not reading more carefully.   ::unknowncomic::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »
I just ran across this today:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:22:18 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
It's actually much better than this. According to this article the list of mfg's no longer willing to deal with enemies of the Constitution has grown considerably...

Olympic Arms, Inc
La Rue Tactical
EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower
York Arms
Templar Custom
Cheaper Than Dirt
Bullwater Enterprises
Westfork Armory
Smith Enterprise
Alex Arms
Spike’s Tactical
Quality Arms
Liberty Suppressors
Doublestar Corp
American Spirit Arms
Trident Armory
Head Down Products
J&G Sales

Smith & Wesson and Sturm Ruger need to get with the program.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:10:17 AM »
Fully agree Trap, and more declarations like Magpul & Barrett!   ::thumbsup::   ::victory::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 10:04:28 AM »
I'd feel a LOT better if the ammo manufacturers would quit selling them ammo and instead sell only to the public.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »
And now for a manufacturer that has stumbled into the proverbial sh*tstorm:  ArmaLite

There is one arms maker that has gotten attention for publicly stating that they will not be pressured into stopping sales to law enforcement. That company is ArmaLite.

According to posts on several gun-supporting blog sites, Armalite answered email inquires with some unwelcome attitude. This is the reply reportedly sent from a sales rep identified as Pat Raley.

Dear concerned gun owner,

First of all I would like to say thank you for filling my email with all this spam email.

Second, I am not sure where you got this blanket email from to send out as spam, but please stop it.

Third, The manufacturer is not the one you need to convince.

You need to convince the law enforcement agencies and the common people about their mistake in electing these officials and have them removed. Again NOT the manufacture.

AR Stands for ArmaLite…

Respectfully,

Pat Raley

The snarky tone of that note did not sit well with the very active pro-gun crowd in the blogosphere. It quickly circled the digital universe. Armalite’s President Mark Westrom reportedly tried to do a little damage control and state his company’s policy more clearly.

At first glance, Westrom’s statement seemed to be along the lines of the companies who had chosen to stop selling to police in New York state.

My purpose here is to pass on his (Raley’s) apology from the corporate level and to answer the initial question: What is ArmaLite going to do?

ArmaLite is continuing a policy put into place when California first banned our rifles. That policy remains:

1. We will not sell to those states which deny it’s honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite’s.

That statement seems clear. It was the next couple of points that muddied the waters a bit (emphasis added by Armalite):

2. We do not halt sales to individual officers even in problematic states. I am a former Police Officer myself, and the staffer who stimulated the recent anger is a currently serving one. We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn’t be punished for the actions of their political elite.
        We consider sales to those sate subdivisions which are not engaged or potentially engaged with disarming its citizens. DNR and Forestry Departments, for instance, sometimes serve in remote areas that conceal drug farms and their officers deserve good hardware.

3. We will not sell to those lower political subdivisions that deny their honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite’s. Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite’s within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

Westrom appears to be saying that they won’t sell to police departments in states where the Second Amendment is being infringed, but will sell to individual officers in those states.

We reached out to the company for comment and have not yet gotten a response. Mark Westrom’s voicemail seems to have been disabled or overwhelmed. Perhaps there is a connection there.

H/T: The Blaze

ETA - it should be noted that, despite their marketing propaganda, they are not "the" Armalite that invented the AR in the 1950s.  That Armalite was a division of the Fairchild aerospace company. The company that today goes by that name simply bought the name.  I have no experience with their products so can't comment on their quality, but if they're going to be snarky and say stuff like "AR stands for ArmaLite" as if they're the same Armalite then I think it should be pointed out that their corporate genealogy begins and ends with a name only.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:28:54 AM by Glock32 »

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
The boss at Disarmalite is more closely associated with being an x-cop than he is with being a present citizen.

I've never purchased any of their products and now I'm likely to pass on any future opportunities.

Pick a side - choose wisely.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »

Shiny!

::thumbsup::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
The boss at Disarmalite is more closely associated with being an x-cop than he is with being a present citizen.

I've never purchased any of their products and now I'm likely to pass on any future opportunities.

He chose... poorly

- Yours Truly