Author Topic: The Truth or Fiction of Govt Ammo purchases  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
The Truth or Fiction of Govt Ammo purchases
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »
New claim is that the govt isn't buying as quickly as previously thought

I am not sure I buy it- it may be FUD to discredit the info.  Everyone but everyone does part number ( which implies quantity) and number of units, so this makes sense, and as the Author points out, its still a lot of ammo, but not enough to wage a 25 year war.

For me this is good news- as it may point to this still being absurd incompetence instead of an deliberate attempt at  tyranny.
We fare much better in the incompetence scenario- and its much more likely to turn out like the fictional NAR - as the morons loose contorl slowly through currency devaluation.

Of course the huge and completely irrational gun push now says exactly the opposite.  The purpose is not to collect the guns - its purpose is to allow them to arrest anyone at any time for possession of a weapon. A power they will always use against bitter clingers and never against liberals.  The rule of men is their goal.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Truth or Fiction of Govt Ammo purchases
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:13:29 AM »
Let's just say this is so.  Where is all the ammo, then?  Why is there very little for purchase with vendors saying they don't know when their stocks will be replenished?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »
Let's just say this is so.  Where is all the ammo, then?  Why is there very little for purchase with vendors saying they don't know when their stocks will be replenished?
"We the People" may be  buying it. Folks on this forum who I know are already well stocked are looking to purchase more... even at the current insane prices.
As I said before, the folks you usually see  cleaning out the grocery store shelves right before the storm are now at the gun shows - cleaning out the shelves.

That doesn't mean the Govt orders aren't affecting supply- they most certainly are.  However,  we may just be  seeing mostly "panic buying"  as people realize that yes, they really are going to negate the 2nd amendment by law, that the courts really aren't going to uphold our rights,  that the Cloward-Piven destruction of the economy is going to continue unabated, and that the govt is turning totalitarian. .  They now ( finally) see the storm coming. The first flakes have begun to fall, and they are out to get all of the milk and bread they can find.

As always we don't know when the shoe will drop, any more than we know  when there will be 6 feet of snow after   the first few flakes descend from the sky. But a vast crowd of fence sitters  is now  convinced the blizzard is actually coming - be it revolution, a Krystal nacht or just increased crime as the cities degenerate into mobs of entitled non-contributors demanding their "fair share" - and that they need firearms to weather the storm.  Even my Scared to Death of Guns Jewish Conservative friend finally allowed her husband to buy a pistol. They cashed out an IRA and  bought gold.  They have been shaking their heads at me for years now.. agreeing in principle, but not taking any action. Till now.

Everyone who was holding on to false hopes of change    from a Romney win, who was saying "This is America, we always pull through"  have finally begun to doubt that assertion. Denial is a powerful thing. Wanting to survive is still yet more powerful. Lets hope there is time, and that incompetence and stupidity  are the main drivers of our do-gooder, would-be masters, and that they are unwilling to take the lives of Americans who stand their ground against them, and cower in shame when that is finally what this comes down to.  Yes, I personally feel that is optimistic, but that is my new false hope I am hanging on to, because this is going to be very, very, bad if they are willing to kill us to get their way. . and history says they are. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »
My default assumption is that government is inherently bad, so whatever you imagine might be their worst intentions, double it. I don't even mean just this government, but the very concept of government. If we have a revolution and were somehow able to return to constitutional principles of limited government, well that new government would immediately begin the process of arrogating new power to itself just like the old one. I believe it was Washington who said government is like fire, it's dangerous as a servant and terrifying as a master.

As far as I'm concerned all the bureaucrats and creatures of the Beltway might as well be vampires whose morning constitutional involves drinking the blood of newborn babies. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt or any shades of gray. So not only are they hoarding ammo, they're getting sexually aroused at the thought of using it to murder American citizens.

Caricature them. They deserve it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:09:36 AM »
My default assumption is that government is inherently bad, so whatever you imagine might be their worst intentions, double it. I don't even mean just this government, but the very concept of government. If we have a revolution and were somehow able to return to constitutional principles of limited government, well that new government would immediately begin the process of arrogating new power to itself just like the old one. I believe it was Washington who said government is like fire, it's dangerous as a servant and terrifying as a master.

As far as I'm concerned all the bureaucrats and creatures of the Beltway might as well be vampires whose morning constitutional involves drinking the blood of newborn babies. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt or any shades of gray. So not only are they hoarding ammo, they're getting sexually aroused at the thought of using it to murder American citizens.

Caricature them. They deserve it.

Yep. Why else would the Social Security Administration need ammo?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Yep. Why else would the Social Security Administration need ammo?

Or the freakin' National Weather Service.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
Yeah, frak 'em, they're evil demonic spawn and the sooner they are sent back toe Hell the better.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »
...Lets hope there is time, and that incompetence and stupidity are the main drivers of our do-gooder, would-be masters, and that they are unwilling to take the lives of Americans who stand their ground against them, and cower in shame when that is finally what this comes down to.  Yes, I personally feel that is optimistic, but that is my new false hope I am hanging on to, because this is going to be very, very, bad if they are willing to kill us to get their way. . and history says they are.  

I know you called them "do-gooder" with the quote marks of cynicism, but that stands out to me as the one thing that negates all the other hopes you enumerate, so my mind parses the thought.

I believe in my core that the Left knowingly and purposefully intends to do evil while buying the time they need by couching their propaganda in terms of good. That has been their MO all along.

In my mind, I change "do-gooders" to "evil-doers", and the entire premise for the hopes you cynically enumerate falls to pieces. Incompetence may still come into play, but the evildoers fully intend to be our masters; to take lives in that effort; and have no shame whatsoever. Of that I have no doubt.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
"Do-gooder", even in triple sarc quotes doesn't accurately portray them and their intentions.  The EPA wants to "regulate" dust resulting from farm plowing? has decided for farm families what tools and machines their kids may and may not handle? is still, despite court order against, fining oil companies/refineries for not including in their production a substance that doesn't exist?  Who in his right mind can, even unreasonably, find good in any of that?

No, they're definitely up to no good, they know it, and they're doing it on purpose.  There may be a few dupes who can circular-logic themselves into believing there's an element of "caring" in some of it, but the majority has another end in mind.  And the evil goes right down to the local level.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »

"No, they're definitely up to no good, they know it, and they're doing it on purpose."

To them what we call good they call bad; that's the Devil's Deception.  We're out to destroy their life and  and they're out to prosper.  Can't we just see it their way; Can't we all just get along?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:51:38 PM »
No.  Right?  Obviously "we can't all just get along" because we can't just be left alone to live.  

And when I said it goes right down to the local level, I had in mind one of my County Commissioners who proposed the board vote on a ban from selling guns and ammo against the WalMart that's still being built.  Approval for its existence in-county has been given, they're not even doing business here yet, and Miss Meddle wants to stick her nose in their affairs and decide they can't sell a legal product.

We're an extremely rural and sparsely populated county, with very little in the way of business and industry because of people like her, and the loss of the sales tax money is of little concern to her because assault weapons!!  And the kicker is the Board does not have the authority to pass such a prohibition and she knows it.

A little further up the chain is whatever bunch runs CalPers, California's Pension Fund, has decided to divest their portfolio of stocks in gun and ammo companies.  The gawdamned Fund is underfunded as it is and they're going to screw over their pensioners by divesting in some of the few concerns making money today because assault weapons!!

No-gooders doing no good everywhere.  Gibbering with righteous glee, capering in delight evil.  I hate. them.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 02:07:43 PM »
I believe in my core that the Left knowingly and purposefully intends to do evil while buying the time they need by couching their propaganda in terms of good. That has been their MO all along.

I don't disagree, and fear you are right.  However that probably means they will use a bio weapon to subdue us.  Show up at the FEMA camp for your shot, RFID chip and new work/life assignment or die of the plague. Your choice.

Unknowing self righteous incompetence we can fight.  If they are Evil, they won't care that much of their flock of slackers will die with us. Heck, it will be seen as a feature.  If they must see themselves as virtuous, then that may take some of the worst off the table - at least for now. If we do back them into a corner - watch out.  We have to leave them an out.. help them to escape to Costa Rica or something. And then nuke the receiving country   from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 07:00:29 AM »
They ain't going anywhere, they'll take no "out", it's toe-to-toe and eye-to-eye to the death.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.