Author Topic: Upworthy: How we are losing the internet to lowest of low information young libs  (Read 1278 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Riffing off Libertas' thread http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7755.msg91001.html#new about the speculative decline in human intelligence, I am considering the connection to the low information voter as applies to these two pieces:

From Liberty's Torch, I followed his link to Ace's piece on "Low-Information Snarking Hipsters", and his link to Legal Insurrection's piece on "how BuzzFeed Politics has combined “the culture” and savvy crafting into a highly effective tool for undermining Republicans with subtle and not-so-subtle mockery", featuring a new Lefty website called "Upworthy", wherein ...

... I learned what millions of very low-information young liberals already knew — there is this website called Upworthy which is one giant liberal activist social media machine which creates viral social media memes in the cause of liberal political activism.

... The Elizabeth Warren post at Upworthy is a prime example of how low information is combined with a political agenda to create a meme which is based on a lack of understanding, but very, very catchy.

As mentioned above, HuffPo ran the post with the same title as the original Upworthy post, Elizabeth Warren Asks The Most Obvious Question Ever And Stumps A Bunch Of Bank Regulators.

Levinson's post on Warren's simply brilliant, "most obvious", stumping question can be found http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/02/elizabeth-warrens-heroic-senate-demagoguery/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

It's revolting isn't it?  In order to win one must
win the competition for the low information voter.
Jon Stewart, David Letterman as conservatives; 
perish the thought.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

perish the thought.

No we just need to start a fad that is likely to kill 80%  of the participants  - but in a way that is "very, very catchy" so it doesn't stop them to paus and think about it.
Something like this:

Robot Chicken: Skater McGee

or this

http://www.myspace.com/video/goochkicksass/numb-chucking/4142667

Any other  ideas?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Weisshaupt has a good idea, lets encourage natural selection, make it hip and trendy to do something monumentally idiotic and let nature take its course!

::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I always thought the Jackass movies would have done more.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

I always thought the Jackass movies would have done more.

Plucked that right out of my head.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

perish the thought.

I think we're pretty much past this point, which is probably for the best since it's not possible to out-demagogue or out-pander the Left. To even attempt it is to accept their rules. Witness the current state of the Republican Party as an example of why that technique can never work.

Instead they will be eaten by the monster of their own creation. Total collapse is coming, and Nature will remind the world that she is a harsh mistress. The ones who aren't attrited will be put down.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
I was just edjamacated on why the is no White History Month.  Now I see why we need to spend more on welfare.

Welfare Queen celebrating Obama's election... What Have We Done? FUNNY
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'