Author Topic: PJ Media Goes Full Retard, Purges Old Comments  (Read 1192 times)

RickZ

PJ Media Goes Full Retard, Purges Old Comments
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:24 AM »
PJ Media has revamped their sites.  They have revamped their comments format.  But worst of all, PJMedia purged every comment from prior articles, which was a driving force for me to go there, some of the commenters were that good (some better than the regular contributors).

http://pjmedia.com/

Regrettably, we could not store the old comments and provide the new, improved commenting system at the same time. We made the choice to move ahead with the new features to keep improving the PJM user experience. We know there have  been some outstanding user-generated essays in the past, so it’s hard to see those go, but we have faith that our readers will populate the comments section with amazing posts in the future. . . .  We’re excited about these updates and look forward to reading your comments!

Such a pantload of doublespeak.  We like your comments, but we can't keep 'em, but feel free to write more 'cause we really enjoy 'em.   By removing prior comments, they prove they don't care about reader comments.  Oh well, another site never to be visited again. 

Change the CEO, fall apart.

"As of Feb 14, 2013, I am ending my tenure as CEO. Roger Simon, the novelist-screenwriter, is calling to me. After more than seven years, he is feeling extremely neglected. I am going to return to my creative writing while I still, to be honest, have some ability to do it." So says Roger Simon today in a blog post at PJmedia.com

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: PJ Media Goes Full Retard, Purges Old Comments
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:54 AM »
Having lived through the purging of a couple years worth of writing myself, I understand the disappointment Rick. That shared disappointment that eventually led us here is the very reason this place exists at all.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »
I didn't see a problem with the old commenting system.  PJ Media fixed something that wasn't broken, imo.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »
I didn't see a problem with the old commenting system.  PJ Media fixed something that wasn't broken, imo.

Kinda like Pee-Line
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:37:44 AM »

Kinda like Pee-Line

Exactly what I was thinking.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »

They get to the PL point then they fold. Curious.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:26:04 PM »
When Roger Simon announced he was leaving as CEO, I just figured it was yet another figure who decided our dance with destiny can't be stopped or mitigated, and said screw it. Now I know he is continuing to contribute as a writer, so maybe I'm just overly cynical, but that's sort of my take just based on my own attitude following Big Turd's reelection.

I have a similar view of Jim DeMint resigning from the Senate. It is tantamount to admitting that nothing can be accomplished in the so-called halls of power, and that he'd have better luck trying to spread a message through a private organization.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly