Author Topic: The Fate of the GOP  (Read 4305 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Fate of the GOP
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »

If I were to write the history of the demise of this country, I would apportion blame equally, for different reasons. The GOP is no less to blame for what has come, and what will come.

The GOP has suffered the fate of every other institution- Like Journalism, Hollywood and academia, it has been taken over by leftists. Originally the leftists in Hollywood,Academia, and Journalism had to be circumspect, and hide their true motives. Soon, the GOP, like the so called "Conservative" party in Britain will just be Marxist Lite - ever so slightly to the right of the Marxist Party. No Sane person wants that sort of power over others, and no SANE person would ever run  for office. The result is you get a group of cheaters pandering to us as being slightly better than the cheaters that pander to the handout babies. But the goal all around is the same - more power for them, less Independence for us.

My heart is broken. The day they finally come for me is becoming an event I look forward to.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
You are correct, of course.

If the president gets to have whoever he wants for a given cabinet post then what is the purpose of the Constitutionally mandated advise and consent provision? This practice is one that only seems to be followed by Republicans and I can only assume that it has something to do with cowardice over not wanting to face hostile press coverage for opposing anything that King Barry wants. I am more than a little surprised that they did not fold on the sequester because they have caved on just about everything else.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:08:22 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 10:29:22 AM »
I am more than a little surprised that they did not fold on the sequester because they have caved on just about everything else.

Give them time.  It's early in the day
I have no doubt they will not disappoint

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »

If I were to write the history of the demise of this country, I would apportion blame equally, for different reasons. The GOP is no less to blame for what has come, and what will come.

The GOP has suffered the fate of every other institution- Like Journalism, Hollywood and academia, it has been taken over by leftists. Originally the leftists in Hollywood,Academia, and Journalism had to be circumspect, and hide their true motives. Soon, the GOP, like the so called "Conservative" party in Britain will just be Marxist Lite - ever so slightly to the right of the Marxist Party. No Sane person wants that sort of power over others, and no SANE person would ever run  for office. The result is you get a group of cheaters pandering to us as being slightly better than the cheaters that pander to the handout babies. But the goal all around is the same - more power for them, less Independence for us.

My heart is broken. The day they finally come for me is becoming an event I look forward to.

Regarding institutions, it's one of Limbaugh's axioms: "any institution or organization not explicitly and consciously conservative will always trend toward liberalism"

And it's one of Mark Steyn's axioms that once you have the centerpiece of Leftism installed (socialized medicine) the so-called conservative opposition party will from that point forward be reduced to arguing that it would make a better administrator of the Left wing state than would the actual Left wing party. Already we can see evidence of it when even the supposed stalwarts of the Tea Party movement make comments like "so we can save Social Security" or "put Medicare on secure financial footing for future generations".

I really just don't see any way that any of this gets remedied without letting the whole rotten edifice collapse. I'm reminded of the common saying among the troops in WWII, "the fastest way home is through Berlin".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 10:40:35 AM »
I am more than a little surprised that they did not fold on the sequester because they have caved on just about everything else.

Give them time.  It's early in the day

I don't think so. When you think about it the sequester is chump change. Barry's only real play was in demagoguing the issue to death in hopes that he could get the GOP to fold and he failed. It meant nothing to him other than that.

The real issue will be the next round of continuing resolution (since we haven't had a budget in years) votes that is supposed to come up again at the end of this month. That's real money there and that's when the GOP will rise up and cave in a glorious demonstration of RINO power.

Or not. Maybe, having (much to their surprise) survived the sequester non-fight, the GOP will somehow root around and find a spine. I doubt that it will happen but you just never know.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »
I really just don't see any way that any of this gets remedied without letting the whole rotten edifice collapse. I'm reminded of the common saying among the troops in WWII, "the fastest way home is through Berlin".

I completely agree. The only question in my mind is when, not if, the country goes into default and total economic collapse. Lots of people use the word "unsustainable" and yet...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 05:16:33 PM »

Give them time.  It's early in the day

I don't think so. When you think about it the sequester is chump change. Barry's only real play was in demagoguing the issue to death in hopes that he could get the GOP to fold and he failed. It meant nothing to him other than that.

The real issue will be the next round of continuing resolution (since we haven't had a budget in years) votes that is supposed to come up again at the end of this month. That's real money there and that's when the GOP will rise up and cave in a glorious demonstration of RINO power.

Or not. Maybe, having (much to their surprise) survived the sequester non-fight, the GOP will somehow root around and find a spine. I doubt that it will happen but you just never know.

I agree.  One may go so far as to say "the fix is in", as they were allowed to hold strong on sequester so their strong fold in the Continuing Resolution battle will appear valid.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 10:37:58 AM »
With Stymie in never-ending campaign mode the GOP is ill equipped in terms of personnel, intelligence and character to survive the battles ahead, the MFM will see to that.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 11:09:45 AM »
With regard to the GOP, I believe Pvt. Hudson from Aliens has it right:

Game Over, Man! Game Over! Sound Clip

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 11:17:31 AM »
Yeah, that's it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
They can run anyone they wish - it no longer matters to me. I've clocked out.

My older brother got angry at me (again!) over what he calls a "quitter" attitude from me. I explained that if I press the "Up" button on an elevator and it doesn't respond I may press it again but I'm not going to spend the rest of my life fruitlessly pumping the damned button and depending on something that is obviously nonfunctional.

Now imagine if I got a spray of ice-cold water in my face every time I pressed the button for service?!

I may be slow but I'm not stupid

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »
They can run anyone they wish - it no longer matters to me. I've clocked out.

My older brother got angry at me (again!) over what he calls a "quitter" attitude from me. I explained that if I press the "Up" button on an elevator and it doesn't respond I may press it again but I'm not going to spend the rest of my life fruitlessly pumping the damned button and depending on something that is obviously nonfunctional.

Now imagine if I got a spray of ice-cold water in my face every time I pressed the button for service?!

I may be slow but I'm not stupid

That about covers it for me as well.  At this point, participating in the voting charade** just lends legitimacy to the illegitimate.  If and until a visible pusher emerges who runs on a platform of repeal/tax cuts/closing whole Fed departments -- and events will have to really escalate before anyone with the cajones appears -- I'm not interested.  Calling me a quitter has about as much effect as calling me a racist/bigot.

Voting will not save us, nor will the courts.  We're going to have to save ourselves, one group/family at a time, and it is towards this end that I'm devoting my energies.

**  Jeb Bush.  Really.  Same with Rubio.  Feh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
This will speed the collapse of the GOP - Run a moderate pro-amnesty tax-hiking pc/diversity/multi-culti assclown like Jeb Bush in '16!

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/03/04/17179710-jeb-bush-i-wont-rule-out-2016-white-house-run-but-i-wont-declare-today?lite

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/04/jeb-bush-says-tax-increase-could-be-part-of-budget-deal/?print=1

::unknowncomic::

More Bush:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/jeb-bush-hints-at-white-house-run-pushes-revenue-increases/

"During an appearance on NBC’s “The Today Show,” Bush said it’s not the time to talk about increasing taxes after what he called the biggest tax hike in American history two months ago following the fiscal cliff deal. But he also wouldn’t rule out the idea that revenues could be part of a package — something Republicans in Congress have said is off the table.

“There may be (room for revenue) if the president is sincere about dealing with our structural problems,” Bush said."

O rly. HE wouldn't rule out "revenues" as part of the package?

Who in theee hell died and left him in charge of anything?  Because if I remember correctly, he's just another jerkweed citizen, not an "elected official".  But CPAC will have him speak because conservative, right?

Mission accomplished, calm harshed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 06:23:56 AM »
Wow, that there is striking out on one pitch!

1) Doesn't rule out more taxes

2) Think Obama is sincere and capable of negotiating in good faith

and 3) He is comfortable with throwing House Pubbies under the bus

Take a permanent seat Jeb, you failed in epic fashion!

Wait, what am I saying?  Please run Jeb, help put a stake through the charade that dares call itself the opposition party!

They all can KMA!   ::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 12:21:58 PM »
More evidence that the Pubbies are deadmen walking?

Rush keeps talking about this - "Obama isn't governing, he's running away from agreements that have his name attached to it, staying in campaign mode (the number one goal-win back the House) is a safer bet" - What is the Pubbies response?

Literally nothing, just plain, boring bureaucratic blather.

What they should do (and what they are incapable of doing) is to take every bonehead idea Obama utters, attach his name to it, and run it up for a vote.

For example - The Barack Obama Rifle Ban.

Anybody with half a brain should know how to fight this punk, but they don't, they fear him and they fear the MFM that will never be on their side.

I spit on them!  Cowards!   ::mooning::   ::vafancoul::   ::asskicking::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
They're so contemptibly terrified of a political battle that they're making real ones inevitable. Bunch of useless cowards. Ornaments in desperate need of a tree.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 04:30:17 PM »

What they should do (and what they are incapable of doing) is to take every bonehead idea Obama utters, attach his name to it, and run it up for a vote.

For example - The Barack Obama Rifle Ban.

I spit on them!  Cowards!   ::mooning::   ::vafancoul::   ::asskicking::

Another one:
              Rand Paul, today, received an answer from 
              Eric Holder to the question of whether it's
              legal to use drones to kill American citizens
              within the borders of the United States.
              The answer was, only if it's necessary.
               ::silentscream::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 10:48:26 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-05/dear-american-its-extraordinary-circumstance-and-drones-coming-you

Dear Senator Paul,

On February 20, 2013, you write to John Brennan requesting additional information concerning the administration's views about whether "the President has the power to authorize lethal force, such as a drone strike, against a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and without trial."

As members of this Administration have previously indicated, the US government has not carried out drone strikes in the United States and have no intention of doing so. As a policy matter, moreover, we reject the use of military force where well-established law enforcement authorities in this country provide the best means for incapacitating a terrorist threat. We have a long history of using the criminal justice system to incapacitate individuals located in our country who pose a threat to the United States and its interests abroad. Hundreds of individual have been arrested and convicted of terrorism-related offenses in our federal courts.

The question you have posed is entirely hypothetical, unlikely to occur and we hope no president will ever have to confront. It is possible, I suppose, to imagine an extraordinary circumstance in which it would be necessary and appropriate under the Constitution and applicable laws of the United States for the President to authorize the military to use lethal force within the territory of the United States. For example, the president could  conceivably have no choice but to authorize the military to use such force if necessary to protect the homeland in the circumstances of a catastrophic attack like the ones suffered on Dec. 7, 1941 and Sept. 11, 2001.

Were such an emergency to arise, I would examine the particular facts and circumstances before advising the President on the scope of his authority.

Sincerely,

Eric Holder,
    Attorney General

Cross posted at,Drones over the U.S. http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,5872.msg92311.html#msg92311
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:53:38 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »
Dear Attorney General Eric Holder,

We're coming for you.

Signed,

America