Author Topic: The "A Hamburger Today" Blog  (Read 7531 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The "A Hamburger Today" Blog
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »
I'm looking forward to trying the mcslimes method for french fries. Nothing beats those lil buggers for high cholesterol/empty starch/high calorie goodness.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 11:36:42 PM »
I really don't care for anything at McSick except the fries. McSick's fries are maddeningly good. I have made my own fries for many years and it has always been frustrating that no matter how hard I tried I could not get mine to come anywhere close to McSick's. Now I know why.

If they would only put the same effort into the rest of their menu items they might just become a decent place to eat.

Actually, I will partially retract that. Where I live they will put green chile on a burger if you request it. It's a regional thing. Green chile makes even the most bland burger acceptable. Put it on a great burger and it becomes amazing. Chipotle has nothing on green chiles, IMO.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

RickZ

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 04:20:13 AM »
Also the ultimate test of when to salt and when not to salt beef.
WARNING: This article contains graphic images of burgers being smashed, maimed, cut, tortured, and otherwise destroyed. The material is not suitable for children, pregnant women, or individuals who show an undue degree of compassion for ground beef.
LOL!