Author Topic: Food and or cooking thread  (Read 17926 times)

RickZ

Re: Food and or cooking thread
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 10:08:20 AM »
We do a mean double-stuffed potato. 

Two big ones, red or yellow Yukon, and run 'em through the microwave 5 minutes on each side.  When they're done, I scoop out the insides and put the shells on a rack in the oven to crisp them up while I mix up the potato, garlic, s&p, sour cream, grated Locatelli Romano, shredded cheddar (or the cheese of your choice) and fresh parsley.

After stuffing the shells, they go back in the oven for ten minutes until hot and browned; then cheddar slices lain on top, shut off the oven, and let the cheese melt.

Now how the he11 you can have baked stuffed potatoes without crumbled bacon in the recipe is beyond me.  Another good add is some minced chives.  And I'd use roasted garlic; it mashes well.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »

Two big ones, red or yellow Yukon, and run 'em through the microwave 5 minutes on each side.  When they're done, I scoop out the insides and put the shells on a rack in the oven to crisp them up while I mix up the potato, garlic, s&p, sour cream, grated Locatelli Romano, shredded cheddar (or the cheese of your choice) and fresh parsley.

After stuffing the shells, they go back in the oven for ten minutes until hot and browned; then cheddar slices lain on top, shut off the oven, and let the cheese melt.

Now how the he11 you can have baked stuffed potatoes without crumbled bacon in the recipe is beyond me.  Another good add is some minced chives.  And I'd use roasted garlic; it mashes well.

You're an artist!!!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »

Two big ones, red or yellow Yukon, and run 'em through the microwave 5 minutes on each side.  When they're done, I scoop out the insides and put the shells on a rack in the oven to crisp them up while I mix up the potato, garlic, s&p, sour cream, grated Locatelli Romano, shredded cheddar (or the cheese of your choice) and fresh parsley.

Now how the he11 you can have baked stuffed potatoes without crumbled bacon in the recipe is beyond me.  Another good add is some minced chives.  And I'd use roasted garlic; it mashes well.

Time, my friend.  If I have the bacon cooked - no stuff out of the jar - I'll add it.  I hate chives, but good idea on the roasted garlic.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
Time, my friend.  If I have the bacon cooked - no stuff out of the jar - I'll add it.  I hate chives, but good idea on the roasted garlic.

Nuke that bacon, it's only 2 1/4 to 3 minutes.  You'll only need a couple of slices.  If you don't like chives, go with some finely minced shallots.  As for the roasted garlic, I love roasted garlic.  Roasted garlic bread, roasted garlic cream sauce, roasted garlic cloves in a dry sauce, rustic pasta/warm pasta salad (whole roasted garlic cloves, sliced Italian sausages [hot or sweet or both], red peppers, broccoli, Calamata olives, penne, onions, some olive oil and lemon juice and lemon zest).  I also use roasted garlic to make a sour cream dip, sometimes adding a couple of cans of finely minced clams.  I mash the cloves while warm in a small bowl with a fork, adding a pinch of coarse sea salt as a grinding agent.  I take it to a puree.  Then I use that in all sorts of things (like the stuff mentioned above).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:18:38 PM by RickZ »