Author Topic: White House threatenes Bob Woodward over opinion on sequester  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: White House threatenes Bob Woodward over opinion on sequester
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
Yeah, catfights between libiots are fun to pass the time, but really, they fight like most libiots - like weakling girls!  Look at Woodward's wussy response.

Lover's spat, verbal jerkoff, call it what you will. . .
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 02:01:14 PM »
drip...drip...drip...

My tweet was not intended to compare Nixon to Obama (there is no reason to doubt Obama’s integrity -- period) but rather to compare the attack to the press strategies of all the presidents’ men.

He's gotta get his bona fides as a JournoTard in good standing in.  Other than that there's some real animosity building.  Now what are you going to do with it, Ron Fournier?  Are you to keep polishing your boy's pole, as you've been doing to this day?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 03:54:33 PM »
drip...drip...drip...

My tweet was not intended to compare Nixon to Obama (there is no reason to doubt Obama’s integrity -- period) but rather to compare the attack to the press strategies of all the presidents’ men.

He's gotta get his bona fides as a JournoTard in good standing in.  Other than that there's some real animosity building.  Now what are you going to do with it, Ron Fournier?  Are you to keep polishing your boy's pole, as you've been doing to this day?

There's no reason to doubt Obama's integrity?!  What the HELL has this guy been smoking?

This can’t be what Obama wants. He must not know how thin-skinned and close-minded his staff can be to criticism. “I have the greatest respect and admiration for what you do,” Obama told reporters a year ago. “I know sometimes you like to give me a hard time, and I certainly like to return the favor, but I never forget that our country depends on you.”

Ookay, the Stalin-doesn't-know tactic.  Fail.  And speaking of thin-skinned and close-minded, he's describing Obongo hisse'f.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »

Lanny ::clintonista:: Davis has commented that he has
received virtually same language and thinks it's inappropriate.  Two heavy hitters adversarially lining
up like that could embolden other reporters to pursue
truth. ... ... . Naw

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »
The egos of these perfumed princes may not enjoy having to endure affronts, but every single one of them is fully prepared and willing to ceremoniously disembowel themselves with a samurai sword if that is what will be required to protect the cause of Leftism.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »
I can't help but think this is an orchestrated distraction, WTF is the other hand (the Left hand of the damned) doing?

::saywhat::

::foilhathelicopter::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »

Lanny ::clintonista:: Davis has commented that he has
received virtually same language and thinks it's inappropriate.  Two heavy hitters adversarially lining
up like that could embolden other reporters to pursue
truth. ... ... . Naw

You had me going till you said NAW I thought you had lost it.  ::oldman::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 08:27:31 AM »
I've had the same thought Libertas. What is being accomplished for the greater cause of Leftism by the Father of adversarial journalism proclaiming a head-butt with the regime at the very moment when it is becoming obvious that the media leviathan is its overt propaganda arm?

Obama proclaims himself "not a dictator" in the same way Nixon proclaimed himself "not a crook", with Bob Woodward at the fore.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »
And yet, Woodward has to consider his legacy. He could have professionally retired on Watergate (Bernstein appears to have done so) and he has instead continued to be relevant over the years.

Consider Dan Rather. He had a well established (although largely undeserved and mostly BS) reputation and then tossed the entire thing out the window over his "fake but accurate" GWB National Guard story. His legacy is that he is a nut. Now, Rather did that to himself so he had no way to undo his ruined reputation but with Woodward it is a different story.

Say what you will about Woodward...he is most definitely a left leaning journalist like most in the industry...but he does seem to call things the way he sees them and does seem to deal in facts (however selectively to fit his worldview). And he has, in this case, too, reported the truth about Barry and his thugs. His career seems to have come full circle. He achieved fame and fortune for reporting on a thuggish Nixon White House and here is again in the same sort of situation reporting on a thuggish Obongo White House. So what will he do? Will he end his professional career cowering in fear and having his reputation trashed by those who are vastly inferior to him? Or will he fight back?

I am hoping that he fights back and I think he might. Woodward is very keen on looking at things from a historical standpoint and I do not think he wants to be remembered this way. There are media people who are even now saying that Woodward's efforts regarding the Watergate story were overblown...that he doesn't deserve the reputation that he has acquired. Woodward cannot allow that narrative to become part of the popular historical culture.

What would be very nice is if Woodward goes on a full frontal assault on the administration to prove his point and to also thwart the thug attempts to silence him and ruin his reputation. The admin certainly is a veritable orchard of low hanging fruit in just about any area you care to glance at. The only thing that has been missing up until now is someone in the MFM to actually go after any of it. To me it seems like Woodward is in the catbird seat and can pick and choose whatever and whomever he likes to go after. To use another metaphor, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel...astonishingly easy for an old pro like Woodward. Just as the tools in the MFM try to write him off as a has been he starts cranking out truthful and damaging material, showing them how journalism is really done.

Will it happen? I have no idea. But I hope it does. Woodward may be a left leaning journalist but he is head and shoulders above the propagandists who populate the most of the MFM these days. If he has any fight in him at all it would be (metaphorically) kind of like Bruce Willis in RED kicking Agent Cooper's ass in his own office...yeah, with Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle" playing in the background.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:35:51 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »
The only thing that could spur Woodward on is if the rest of the MFM keeps tweaking him, but in the end I expect this will fade and people won't even remember it, I'm certain Jack & Julia Libtard and the rest of the low-info looter army are clueless now, so the MFM & Obama can say whatever they want.  This spat served its purpose, now its back to more lies.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 11:27:57 AM »
The only thing that could spur Woodward on is if the rest of the MFM keeps tweaking him, but in the end I expect this will fade and people won't even remember it, I'm certain Jack & Julia Libtard and the rest of the low-info looter army are clueless now, so the MFM & Obama can say whatever they want.  This spat served its purpose, now its back to more lies.

You're right of course - it won't last. But far be it for me pass on the rare opportunity to enjoy the schadenfreude

::beertoast::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/beat_the_press_96lFrUNync5zuBZTiZ6aUL

...last week’s flare-up between Bob Woodward and the White House - ...the larger point was roundly missed: the increasing pressure that White House correspondents feel when dealing with the Obama administration — to follow their narrative, to be properly deferential (!), to react to push-back by politely sitting down and shutting up. [...]
“I had a young reporter asking tough, important questions of an Obama Cabinet secretary,” says one DC veteran. “She was doing her job, and they were trying to bully her. In an e-mail, they called her the vilest names — bitch, c–t, a–hole.” He complained and was told the matter would be investigated: “They were hemming and hawing, saying, ‘We’ll look into it.’ Nothing happened.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 05:41:45 PM »
Shocked?  Hardly.  And in the mid-terms the slighted libiots will be among the first to drop to their knees in obedience and dutifully demonize anybody without a little "D" after their name.

They are like battered spouses, they take a beating and then profess love for the bastard.  He's their bastard after all, perhaps someday he won't smack them anymore and it will be all hugs and kisses again.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »
  In the end they will still cover up for the King of the USA.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
I'm sorta waiting for Woodward to now launch a salvo against the next convenient Republican in order to regain cred among his peeps.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
I'm sorta waiting for Woodward to now launch a salvo against the next convenient Republican in order to regain cred among his peeps.

Zackly
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »
First, he's inviting Obama over for a confab, er beer summit, whatever. . .   ::)

::mooning::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 01:01:45 PM »
First, he's inviting Obama over for a confab, er beer summit, whatever. . .   ::)

I would love Woodward to suggest a beer summitt.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »
First, he's inviting Obama over for a confab, er beer summit, whatever. . .   ::)

I would love Woodward to suggest a beer summitt.
He did, he invited them to his house.  
I posted a link to it but somehow it disappeared.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 06:26:19 AM »
So far Stymie hasn't accepted.  Shocked, I know.   :P