Author Topic: Dale Robertson ( 1923 - 2013 )  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Dale Robertson ( 1923 - 2013 )
« on: February 28, 2013, 05:52:55 AM »
Actor and WWII Army Veteran Dale Robertson has died at 89 . My dad and I used to watch "Tales Of Wells Fargo" every week .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Dale Robertson ( 1923 - 2013 )
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:06:32 AM »
He was very good in Flowers For Algernon, and he played Spider Man's uncle in the first movie. 

RIP, sir.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 06:55:13 AM »
RIP Dale. 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:20:08 AM »
He was very good in Flowers For Algernon,

?

Maybe you mean Cliff Robertson in Charley, which was based on Flowers For Algernon.

Dale's last work was in 1993-94, in the tv series Harts of the West, which I do not remember at all.  The tv show that I do remember watching was Iron Horse; I was a little too young for Tales of Wells Fargo.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »
He was very good in Flowers For Algernon,

?

Maybe you mean Cliff Robertson in Charley, which was based on Flowers For Algernon.

Dale's last work was in 1993-94, in the tv series Harts of the West, which I do not remember at all.  The tv show that I do remember watching was Iron Horse; I was a little too young for Tales of Wells Fargo.

Duh.  You're right; I got them mixed up.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:29:18 AM »
He sounded like a great guy.   Another Hollywood WWII vet leaves the stage.  From IMDB:

After serving in a tank crew and in the combat engineers in North Africa and Europe during World War II, the twice-wounded Robertson started his acting career while still on active duty in the U.S. Army. While stationed at San Luis Obispo, California, had a photograph taken for his mother. A copy of the photo displayed in the photo shop window attracted movie scouts, and the six foot tall, 180-lb. Roberson soon was on his way to Hollywood. Will Rogers Jr., whose father is the most famous son of Oklahoma, told him to avoid formal training and keep his own persona. Robertson took his advice and avoided acting classes.