Author Topic: Students disarm gunman -- suspended as a result  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Students disarm gunman -- suspended as a result
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:33:50 AM »
A Florida high school student on a bus observed another student produce a .22 revolver and point it at the back of another student's head. He and two others then wrestled the gunman and successfully disarmed him.

All three have now been suspended for being involved in a "weapons incident". The rational part of me tries to find sensible motivation, for instance maybe they suspended all involved until it could be determined who actually produced the weapon and pointed it at someone, but the cynical part of me reads the news too often and figures these suspensions are motivated by nothing more than "Gun = Bad. Students touched gun. Therefore, Students = Bad."

H/T: The Blaze
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
More gun UNsanity in government schools
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
In Maryland .... suspended for two days.

Seven year-old Joshua Welch was suspended for two days this week after he chewed a pastry into the shape of a gun.

It was against school policy.

FoxBaltimore.com reports that Josh Welch, a second-grader at Park Elementary School in Baltimore, was eating a strawberry tart when he decided to shape it into a mountain.

“All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain but, it didn’t look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun [kind of],” Josh told the station.

Josh ... said his teacher was visibly mad when she saw that the pastry looked like a gun, according to the report.

In Florida ....

A Florida high school student wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen on the bus ride home this week and was slapped with a suspension in return.

The student said the suspect, a football player, threatened to shoot a teammate because he had been arguing with his friend.

Authorities confirmed to WFTX the weapon was indeed loaded, and the arrest report stated the suspect, identified by WVZN-TV as Quadryle Davis, was “pointing the gun directly” at the other student and “threatening to shoot him.”

That’s when, the teen told the station, he and two others tackled the suspect and wrestled the gun away. The next day, all three were suspended.

... The school’s referral slip said he was given an “emergency suspension” for being involved in an “incident” with a weapon.

::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Students disarm gunman -- suspended as a result
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
Beat me to it by five minutes, Glock.   ;D

Merged with your thread and moved to the "Educators".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
Wow, denied access to a state-run indoctrination center/slaughterhouse, I would consider that fortunate and never return.

Actually I would never enter to begin with, state-run camps are the highest form of child abuse behind sexual molestation (which some also excel in).

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
I applaud those who try to make a difference in the public indoctrination centers (Yes, I admit that there are some). My heart goes out to those who are forced by circumstance to subject their children to that fate. Personally - I've had a bellyful and thank the stars that I no longer have to contend with the friggin morons who prowl those evil places.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
I can't help but wonder what we're not being told.

First, the people involved are Black, which means the media will not tell the whole truth.

And buried in the context of the video at the link is the little tidbit about the boy being suspended because he refused to cooperate with the investigation.

I smell half-truths and lies.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 11:43:32 AM »
I can't help but wonder what we're not being told.

First, the people involved are Black, which means the media will not tell the whole truth.

And buried in the context of the video at the link is the little tidbit about the boy being suspended because he refused to cooperate with the investigation.

I smell half-truths and lies.

The universal calling card of the JurnoTard.  The pc/diversity/multi-culti filter let little truth out.  And if it does it is in drips and drabs.  Perhaps a blogger will get some facts firsthand, otherwise we are just mushrooms feasting on bullshyt in the dark.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »
Quadryle Davis

::thinking::

Swedish?  Korean perhaps?

::thinking::

Swiss?

It seems pretty unique, that's for sure

Japanese.  That must be it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
And there is this ridiculousness...

Chewing a pop tart into a shape of a gun gets 7 year old suspended

Kid should have said it's not a gun, it's his weiner, I bet he could have gotten away with it.

Those can go "bang-bang" too ya know.

::)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 01:11:11 PM »

Kid should have said it's not a gun, it's his weiner, I bet he could have gotten away with it.

There is a little Johnny joke here....somewhere.

I read this story. I'm surprised the Pop tart didn't get the kid suspended.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 05:50:17 AM »

There is a little Johnny joke here....somewhere.

I read this story. I'm surprised the Pop tart didn't get the kid suspended.

The pop tart is innocent, the gun isn't...even if all that gun does is drool warm jelly.

Libiots, can't live with them, can't stuff them into rockets and shoot them into the sun.

::bashing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 02:13:04 PM »

Oh, it gets even more ridiculous ...

Dear Parents and Guardians:

I am writing to let you know about an incident that occurred this morning in one of our classrooms and encourage you to discuss this matter with your child in a manner you deem most appropriate.

During breakfast this morning, one of our students used food to make inappropriate gestures that disrupted the class. While no physical threats were made and no one [was] harmed, the student had to be removed from the classroom.

As you are aware, the ... Code of Student Conduct and appropriate consequences related to violations of the code are clearly spelled out in the Student Handbook, which was sent home during the first week of school and can be found on our website, www.aacps.org....

If your children express that they are troubled by today's incident, please talk with them and help them share their feelings. Our school counselor is available to meet with any students who have the need to do so next week. In general, please remind them of the importance of making good choices.

That's the letter sent from the school to parents in case the other kids were "troubled" by the "incident".

More at link.

H/T Instapundit

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 02:20:23 PM »
The absence of common sense is just inexplicable, even taking zero-tolerance liberalism at face value. How could anyone view this as even remotely threatening, and label it a violation?

Parents should be at the school with torches and pitchforks, and refuse to leave until the offenders are fired.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »
I bet all the kids with two moms or two dads will be tramatized.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 07:02:52 AM »
The absence of common sense is just inexplicable, even taking zero-tolerance liberalism at face value. How could anyone view this as even remotely threatening, and label it a violation?

Parents should be at the school with torches and pitchforks, and refuse to leave until the offenders are fired.

Should be, in a sane world anyway.  But how many here are greatful for the state-run day-care services and will put up with all sorts of asshattery?

IMO sending a kid to public school is child abuse.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 07:03:12 AM »
I bet all the kids with two moms or two dads will be tramatized.

Too  ::cussing:: bad!