Author Topic: Bring on the Revolution  (Read 1125 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Bring on the Revolution
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:10:58 PM »
Someone mentioned this song. I never heard of the group, The Pretenders.

I did see some Ron Paul references while searching

http://youtu.be/WHJL5Eh9wZo

Bring on the revolution,
I want to die for something.
Bring on the revolution,
Don't wanna die for nothing.
For every freedom fighter,
I want to hold on tighter.
To the hope and will you gave
You were the brave, you were the brave. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Bring on the Revolution
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »
The Pretenders - live - Revolution

You never heard of The Pretenders?!  Chrissie Hynde?  I'm sure you've heard some of their music, though.  Rush Limbaugh's lead-in bumper music is from one of their tunes.

The Pretenders - My City Was Gone

This one isn't bad, imo, although whatthehell does she have on her face?

The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang, live in London
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »
Huge libs, The Pretenders, so you can guess what kind of revolution they were talking about. Essentially, they've already had their successful revolution and we are now living it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »
I lead a cloistered life and never heard of them.

At work, I've been stuck in the 50s on 5 on Sirius for the last month.

The words I quoted may have meaning for us soon enough

I want to die for something.

Don't wanna die for nothing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:46:49 AM »
Yeah, they might not like the kind of principled Founders-based revolution we have in mind, but screw them anyway!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »
Rush has mentioned before how he pays $100k per year for rights to the song, and how what's-her-name makes a big deal out of giving that money to PETA or some such group.

The irony, and I wonder if it's truly lost on these libs or not, is that engaging in the capitalist system of free market exchange gives them far more ability to contribute to stuff they value than does their incessant efforts at imposing a top-down command economy based on confiscating the fruits of other people's labors.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »
Rush has mentioned before how he pays $100k per year for rights to the song, and how what's-her-name makes a big deal out of giving that money to PETA or some such group.

The irony, and I wonder if it's truly lost on these libs or not, is that engaging in the capitalist system of free market exchange gives them far more ability to contribute to stuff they value than does their incessant efforts at imposing a top-down command economy based on confiscating the fruits of other people's labors.

I'm sure they will be the first to bitch when their money is confiscated and given to the hapless, and they can no longer live in the lifestyle they are accustomed to.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »

I'm sure they will be the first to bitch when their money is confiscated and given to the hapless, and they can no longer live in the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

It's only fun when you give away other people's money.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
So...

What you are saying Alan is that for them that is like us ripping their arms off and beating them to death with them, that kind of fun, right?    ::evilbat::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
Now that's the best idea I've heard all day.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »
So...

What you are saying Alan is that for them that is like us ripping their arms off and beating them to death with them, that kind of fun, right?    ::evilbat::

LOL.

Part of what helped us get kicked off the old host (not Nano's place) was me writing that I'd like to find the biggest, heaviest copy of the Constitution that I could find and beat Nancy Pelosi (to death) with it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »
So...

LOL.

Part of what helped us get kicked off the old host (not Nano's place) was me writing that I'd like to find the biggest, heaviest copy of the Constitution that I could find and beat Nancy Pelosi (to death) with it.

TONE!!!

I like it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
So...

LOL.

Rhetorically speaking, of course.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
So...

LOL.

Heh, it's just wrong to criticize that any way you look at it!