Author Topic: Heart disease, been around a long long time  (Read 736 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Heart disease, been around a long long time
« on: March 11, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_MED_MUMMIES_HEART_DISEASE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-10-20-16-55

Interesting, but initially I could not shake the thought "what else did they expect to find"?  I suppose the libiot scientist was hoping to find ancient man (pre-industrial revolution/capitalist pig/earth-destroying man) living healthy to justify going back to an era of ruling elites dominating the 99% of serfs indentured unto them and living in mud huts etc.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Heart disease, been around a long long time
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »

You betcha.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
Liberals have believed in this sort of thing forever. Even at the very outset of New World exploration, the whole "noble savage" mythology was taken up by salon-society in Europe as criticism of their fellow Westerner.

So yes, I am sure they expected to find these mummies showed evidence of perfect health and harmony with nature. It's as though they completely missed the pertinent little fact that the average mummy is a person who died in their 30s or if they were lucky their 40s.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:41:34 AM »
Heck, just a couple hundred years ago you were considered quite old if in your 50's!

They'll continue to try to manufacture evidence in order to beat us down into a lower life style.

They are nothing if not persistent little twerps.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.