Author Topic: Detroit Demands Obama Bailout: We Voted For You, Now Give Us Some Bacon  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
It's a Peggy Johnson city:  "If I take care of him, he's gonna take care of me".

The immorality of entitlement: An endless and bottomless pit of takers… it’s theft from the producers, those that earn it through hard work.

Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month’s election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city.

Wouldn't you just love to slap that woman ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
No, actually.

I can think of some touch-free alternatives though.

::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
No, actually.

There is someting about just slapping her that would just give you a feeling of satisfaction like nothing else on earth,then you use you  method.See there's room for all of us.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
No, actually.

There is someting about just slapping her that would just give you a feeling of satisfaction like nothing else on earth,then you use you  method.See there's room for all of us.

I understand.  I guess it depends how close you are to the situation too, I have to admit there are some folks that if they get within reaching distance of me...I imagine the act of wrapping my fingers around their demon throats and sqweazing...could prove very satisfying.
 ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The declaration virtually assures that the state of Michigan will assume control of Detroit’s books, though Snyder was careful to say there is still a window of 10 days for city leaders to convince him otherwise.

Detroiters, however, responded by immediately breaking the window.

Thread winner for on the money prognistication!

Via Sipsey Street Irregulars comes this: Detroiters pledge

Councilman Kwame Kenyatta and a packed room of Detroiters warned today of an impending revolt against state intervention, urging residents to stock up on canned food and supplies.

“Even the Bloods in the hood fight for their territory,” Kenyatta said during a 20-minute monologue on the civil rights struggle at today’s city council meeting. “You are going to have to drag me out of here for me to leave.”

... One by one, Detroiters pledged to take to the streets once Gov. Rick Snyder appoints an emergency manager, which is expected Thursday or Friday. Others threatened to block the entrance of city hall.

“Save up and purchase food, canned goods and water because you are going to see a new civil rights movement,” pledged Marie Thornton, a former Detroit Public Schools Board member. “I won’t give up my right to vote. We are going to shut down freeways and we are going to disrupt the economic system.”

Added Valerie Glenn, a community activist: “Make sure you are prepared and you will survive.”

Protests so far have been nonviolent. Demonstrators slowed traffic to a few miles per hour on I-75 and I-94 in the past week. But that’s mild for what’s to come, some warned.

What about black Detroiters who aren’t prepared to fight?

“We have fought for everything we have; how do you sit on the sidelines?” Kenyatta asked.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Saw that in the Detroit News or something, well, it wouldn't
be a surprise to see that fly in Michigan.  Just let 'em go gov.
Do not provide any state assistance or monetary tax return;
provide nothing and pull all state associated entities out of
Detroit, just let 'em go.  - You may want to fence them in,
they're the live equivalent of The Walking Dead.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
We are going to shut down freeways and we are going to disrupt the economic system.”

They have an economic system?

And a fence would do wonders, CO.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:38:16 AM by AlanS »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Not on a bet. No way I would willingly enter that entitlement cesspool. Not even in an APC.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Not on a bet. No way I would willingly enter that entitlement cesspool. Not even in an APC.

I don't know, riding down Telegraph road in an armored Humvee with a .50 cal turret could be kinda fun.  Specially giving all who would come out to greet me $10 worth of FMJ lead at 1200 rounds/minute.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I don't know, riding down Telegraph road in an armored Humvee with a .50 cal turret could be kinda fun.  Specially giving all who would come out to greet me $10 worth of FMJ lead at 1200 rounds/minute.

Sounds like a hellova good idea for an urban hunting themed vacation package!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero

Safari?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

Safari?

Jurassic Park.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.