Author Topic: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall  (Read 14023 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »
Colorado Senate give final OK to gun control bills

By KRISTEN WYATT
Associated Press

DENVER (AP) -- A gun control package pushed by Colorado Democrats cleared the state Senate on Monday, as sponsors described it as a needed response to Colorado's blood-soaked history of mass shootings.

One Democrat after another rose Monday to talk about restricting gun rights after last July's shooting at a suburban Denver movie theater. The vote came on the eve of an expected plea by the alleged gunman, James Holmes, who is accused of killing 12 people and injuring dozens more.

The measures approved by the Senate included a limit on the kinds of high-capacity ammunition magazines Holmes is accused of using in the theater shooting. Other measures included expanded background checks on private gun sales and a new ban on gun ownership for people facing domestic violence charges.

Republicans argued in vain that the gun controls would not have prevented the theater shooting, nor the school massacre last December in Newtown, Conn. Some cited the 1999 Columbine High School shootings outside Denver.

Democrats stood firm.

More here: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_XGR_GUN_CONTROL_COLORADO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-11-20-27-16

Colorado goes full-stupid: women, minorities, & the poor hardest hit.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »
Mass civil disobedience will ensue. They have to know this. They are about to instantly transform law-abiding citizens into felons.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 10:12:22 PM »

The state has made its decision.  
Will Magpul stay or where will
they go?

ETA
This eliminates talk about a contiguous line of states.
Trap was correct.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
Magpul will definitely go. They've put their reputation on the line, and they correctly surmised that their customer base would not tolerate them staying in an anti-gun environment anyway. They will probably go to Texas.

Sadly, Colorado has simply been californicated. It was turned into a posh mountain playground for their Aspen chalets and make-believe cattle ranches. But it's happening elsewhere too. How long until Montana, Wyoming, Idaho are similarly turned? Those states have small populations to begin with.

What it boils down to is that there's ultimately no running away. At some point "the two solitudes" that presently occupy the same country are going to have to have it out.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:19:27 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »

This eliminates talk about a contiguous line of states.
Trap was correct.

Unless we fight them for it. When push comes to shove, the cities will become easy targets. Especially in Western States where water is everything.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:58:48 AM »
Montana & Wyoming actually send Democrats to DC, the process of infiltration is already underway.

I heard some BS on the radio today here in Minnie, about the Dem's and pushing the pro-homosexer marriage issue, but the same principle applies - the talking head says "oh, these rural democrats are facing heat on this vote, they have constituents not in favor of this, they are in danger of being voted out"!  I call it BS because it rarely happens.  A few may take the hit, the rest coast along, and then the next battle comes and they throw the people under the bus again, back up, and hit 'em again, time after time, and the asshats stay in control!

We're all being californicated!

And yes, sooner I hope than later, we will have to have it out.

They won't let us separate ourselves from their insanity and we cannot live with it or them, one must utterly defeat the other.

There is NO other way.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »
Montana & Wyoming actually send Democrats to DC, the process of infiltration is already underway.

I heard some BS on the radio today here in Minnie, about the Dem's and pushing the pro-homosexer marriage issue, but the same principle applies - the talking head says "oh, these rural democrats are facing heat on this vote, they have constituents not in favor of this, they are in danger of being voted out"!  I call it BS because it rarely happens.  A few may take the hit, the rest coast along, and then the next battle comes and they throw the people under the bus again, back up, and hit 'em again, time after time, and the asshats stay in control!

They won't let us separate ourselves from their insanity and we cannot live with it or them, one must utterly defeat the other.

There is NO other way.

It's like what's his name (Manchin?) from West Virginia.  I remember he made big news during his campaign for Senator with that ad where he's shooting a rifle and talking about what a pro-gun Democrat he is. After Sandy Hook he couldn't get on the gun ban bandwagon fast enough. Why do people continue to trust Democrats who claim to be "not like one of those" Democrats? A pro gun Democrat? An anti-abortion Democrat? Yeah. They might as well be leaving money under your pillow for baby teeth.

But you're right, I didn't even think to remember that Montana already has a Democrat senator. Our big problem is that government is able to peddle a drug so addictive it makes heroin look like nothing: other people's money. The human brain, and maybe that of all sentient life on this planet, is hard wired to want something for nothing. Minimum exertion for maximum reward. There are days when I look at how pervasive that mindset is, and how completely the entrenched interests of the statist oligarchy have been able to wield it, that I just conclude it's hopeless trying to fix it. It simply has to burn itself out, and what will fill that vacuum is anyone's guess.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:59 AM »
Glock32 - You just (amply) illustrated why the NRA lost me as a supporter (I can't help that I'm a lifer).

I argued with them reasonably, passionately, and endlessly about their idiotic single-issue myopia. I told them that supporting assholes like reid would come back to bite them on the ass. I pleaded with them to adopt a brightline and stand firm. Instead they insist that they can make bargains with people who have no honor. Stupid. Naive. Neglegent.

And so utterly unnecessary.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »
Glock32 - You just (amply) illustrated why the NRA lost me as a supporter (I can't help that I'm a lifer).

I argued with them reasonably, passionately, and endlessly about their idiotic single-issue myopia. I told them that supporting assholes like reid would come back to bite them on the ass. I pleaded with them to adopt a brightline and stand firm. Instead they insist that they can make bargains with people who have no honor. Stupid. Naive. Neglegent.

And so utterly unnecessary.

That's exactly why I left the NRA behind for about 2-3 years - until they became the primary organized resistance to this latest gun-grab. I re-upped my membership solely because of the need for an organized resistance to what the Leftists are trying to on the graves of Sandy Hook Elementary.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:04 AM »

I heard some BS on the radio today here in Minnie, about the Dem's and pushing the pro-homosexer marriage issue, but the same principle applies - the talking head says "oh, these rural democrats are facing heat on this vote, they have constituents not in favor of this, they are in danger of being voted out"!  I call it BS because it rarely happens.  A few may take the hit, the rest coast along, and then the next battle comes and they throw the people under the bus again, back up, and hit 'em again, time after time, and the asshats stay in control!

There is NO other way.

It's like what's his name (Manchin?) from West Virginia.  I remember he made big news during his campaign for Senator with that ad where he's shooting a rifle and talking about what a pro-gun Democrat he is. After Sandy Hook he couldn't get on the gun ban bandwagon fast enough. Why do people continue to trust Democrats who claim to be "not like one of those" Democrats? A pro gun Democrat? An anti-abortion Democrat? Yeah. They might as well be leaving money under your pillow for baby teeth.

But you're right, I didn't even think to remember that Montana already has a Democrat senator. Our big problem is that government is able to peddle a drug so addictive it makes heroin look like nothing: other people's money. The human brain, and maybe that of all sentient life on this planet, is hard wired to want something for nothing. Minimum exertion for maximum reward. There are days when I look at how pervasive that mindset is, and how completely the entrenched interests of the statist oligarchy have been able to wield it, that I just conclude it's hopeless trying to fix it. It simply has to burn itself out, and what will fill that vacuum is anyone's guess.

We are were we thought we always would be once this road to perdition was first embarked on, the vacuum will be filled with a renewed spirit of liberty and freedom or ashes.

Molôn Labé!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »
I hope you are right. If past is prologue, the vacuum will be filled either by a loose confederation of city-states (the remaining islands of civilization sort of like the period between the end of Rome and the beginning of medieval feudalism) or a more overt tyranny. I am trying to imagine what the situation will be like when we have millions of entitled, childlike people whose sustenance (i.e. productive citizens) has been cut off by the failure of the state and its monetary transfusion apparatus. I don't see them making a transition to self-sufficiency. We might end up with an overt, hard tyranny to put the hordes under control. That might even be the entire plan, to have people begging for a strong man to make the danger go away.

Either that or we'll just have to deal with them as you would any other roving predators.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
I'm OK with the latter.

Things hit hard enough, it may be beyond even a strong man's ability to assert central authority and govern vast tracts of land, there may always be pockets beyond their reach, hopefully we end up in the latter.

With the passage of time though, the advantage in controlling more territory, populace and resources will always go to the strongest.  Joining the right group(s) to ally with in the interregnum is going to be critical.

Decades...perhaps many, of feudal warring states and the bleak existence that accompanies it may be the best several succeeding generations can hope for.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Our big problem is that government is able to peddle a drug so addictive it makes heroin look like nothing: other people's money. The human brain, and maybe that of all sentient life on this planet, is hard wired to want something for nothing. Minimum exertion for maximum reward. There are days when I look at how pervasive that mindset is, and how completely the entrenched interests of the statist oligarchy have been able to wield it, that I just conclude it's hopeless trying to fix it. It simply has to burn itself out, and what will fill that vacuum is anyone's guess.

Which is why they must get the police state in place now. Without the Money to bribe and pay your thugs, you are nobody.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 11:59:57 AM »
. I don't see them making a transition to self-sufficiency. We might end up with an overt, hard tyranny to put the hordes under control. That might even be the entire plan, to have people begging for a strong man to make the danger go away.

It Worked for FDR.  Scared people looking for a strong voice. But a strong voice won't get you food or fuel.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
Found this link from Western Rifle Shooters, to a site called Resistor in the Rockies:

http://co-ironwill.blogspot.com/2013/03/commierado-senate-passes-all-5-anti-gun.html

I don't need to summarize. You can read it here.

Well, we tried to tell them.

We wrote letters. We made phone calls. We sent e-mails. We packed their Town Hall meetings. We testified in the House and Senate meetings. We honked our horns in disapproval.

And they, as expected, ignored us.

It was all for nothing, some may say.

I disagree.

They've been warned. Now they have no excuse when the blow back hits them. We tried to work within the system and they rigged it against us.

In the end, it does not matter what they decide.

We will not comply.

We will not submit to background checks for private party transactions.

We will continue to purchase standard capacity magazines and bring them in State.

We will not turn our guns in...court order on not.

We will not acknowledge unjust and treasonous laws.

We will not be subjugated.

It's going to get real.

Decide what you will do now.

You should have an answer already.

UPDATE: In my haste to post this, I neglected to consider that one of the bills will have to go back to the House for a re-vote, since it was amended in the Senate. This bill can still be killed. Doesn't mean it will, but we must try. Regardless of the outcome on this bill, we won't comply with the other bills.

The bill is HB 1224 - The magazine capacity bill. It passed the Senate by 1 single vote. 2 Democrats voted against it. Senators Tochtrop (D) & Jahn (D) were the only ones to listen to reason.

There are some good comments, but the one I fear to be most accurate is this one:

Anonymous13:19

I am going to make a very bold prediction of what will happen with the pasage of these bills. Nothing. Abso-freaking-lutely nothing.As a native of Colorado I read all of your words about "oooh they better watch out" yada, yada, yada. I have heard this from our community for the better of my 40+ years. Why do these politicians pass these bills? Because they know that we are just a bunch of blowhards with idle threats. I am not going to do anything about this and neither are you. So please stop with all of the angry banter. We are done for and neither you nor I are going to do anything about it. We are not our nations founders. We are cowards. You know it and I know it. Face it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »
I think I get where Anonymous13:19 is coming from. There are all sorts of rabble-rousers and agitators out there. I've been trying to keep my personal threats and promises down - at least to a dull roar.

Yes, there are many who will blink at the prospect of violence, and a few who will blanch at the sight of blood. But then there are a couple of us who don't have anything left to live for, plenty to die for, and no hesitation to drop the hammer.

So here's something in between a promise and a threat...

Try me.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
I think I get where Anonymous13:19 is coming from. There are all sorts of rabble-rousers and agitators out there. I've been trying to keep my personal threats and promises down - at least to a dull roar.

I was so mad last night, I can't begin.  Anonymous13:19 might be a coward, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are. The founders fought the revolution with 3% of the population.  Maybe nothing will happen. Maybe it will. It will if they show up at my doorstep. I am F'ing done being bullied. The only reason the whole lot of them haven't been killed is because we all know the collapse is coming, and they won't be able to a damn thing after..

After the collapse they won't be able to afford police.  After the collapse they only way they can pay is in  ill-gotten loot - the spoils of war.  The battle lines will be clearly defined. The Shooting will start then.  Or they will leave us alone.  And I don't think we care which.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 09:10:48 PM »
(I know this contains some astounding generalities but bear with me ;-)

There is one thing that really baffles me.....who will protect the left when the walls fall down?

I know that some conservatives live in urban areas but by~n~large big cities are leftist cesspools. And one significant aspect of big cities vs. suburbia -> rural areas is the concentration of blokes prone to acts of mayhem. How would you like to be pressed into a crowded area with the dregs of life all around you and suddenly find the necessity to fend for yourself? Warm & fuzzy or cold shiver time?

Are any of these klowns considering the consequences of the acts they are putting into play?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »
I wonder if Lara Logan's credentials as an upstanding lib and member of the MFM helped her much in Tahriri square?

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 09:52:02 PM »
There is one thing that really baffles me.....who will protect the left when the walls fall down?

No one. I know folks who will go hunting- they plan to start a "long-pig" BBQ restaurant.  The left always want the govt to bully others into ignoring their behavior- into paying the consequences of it.  And when the Govt is no longer there.. there will be no reason to consider them worthy of saving. 

As the liberals who ask what good your AR-15 is if a Govt Swat team, tank or drone  is coming to your home, you say "its plenty good for taking out my revenge on the likes of you before they get here."

NO. MERCY. Because they would have none on you if tables were turned. There is no point in showing mercy, kindness or civility to a savage barbarian who lives only by the forced  tribute of the productive.