Author Topic: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall  (Read 14028 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 11:18:30 AM »
Besides, overwhelm them with enough, some will no doubt match SSNs in their database, but even if the names don't match, they'll have to contact all the parties to find out who is who.  Beat the statists at their won game, let them choke on Allinsky and Cloward & Piven tactics.  What's not to like? 
 ::stirpot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 12:42:47 PM »
Maybe instead of new tax returns, how about filing amended returns? I would think those are more likely to be looked at by humans since they are requesting modifications of an existing return. With really hard to read writing. Anything that would make it less likely to be machine processed will require more man hours.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »
Maybe instead of new tax returns, how about filing amended returns? I would think those are more likely to be looked at by humans since they are requesting modifications of an existing return. With really hard to read writing. Anything that would make it less likely to be machine processed will require more man hours.

Oh yeah, it goes without staying you should file amended returns. A lot of them. Because thatis perfectly legal. After all, doing my own taxes appears to be beyond my ability.. but do you know what I need?  More "Assistance" 
Every dollar we cost the IRS is another straw on the camel's back, and since its no longer our Camel, I no longer care what happens to it.   

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »
Colorado Sheriff Won’t Enforce New Democratic Gun Control Laws

Weld County Sheriff John Cooke won’t enforce new state gun measures expected to be signed into law by Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper, arguing the proposed firearms restrictions give a “false sense of security.”

Lawmakers in Colorado on Friday approved a landmark expansion of background checks on firearm purchases. Earlier in the week, Colorado lawmakers approved a 15-round limit on ammunition magazines.

Both measures are awaiting the expected approval of the governor.

Cooke told GreeleyTribune.com that Democrats in the state legislature are uninformed and scrambling in response to the Aurora movie theater shooting and other recent tragedies.

“They’re feel-good, knee-jerk reactions that are unenforceable,” he told the news outlet.

The bill passed Friday expands cases when a $10 criminal background check would be required to legally transfer a gun. Republicans have opposed the bill, calling it an undue burden on law-abiding gun owners.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »
You know what the libiots will say...Weld County?  Bunch of gun-crazed bitter-clinging right-wing types...but on the merits the Sheriff is right.  But the libiots do not care about right or rights, they'll just throw crap up in the air and push for more.  Next it will be restricting to 10, then 7, then one and none.  People need to start embracing the breaking of bad laws and learn the acronym FMCDH!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 05:26:16 PM »
Colorado sheriffs: Sorry, but these new gun laws would be kind of unenforceable

Cooke is joined in his opposition to the proposals by El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa, who told an angry packed crowd at a meeting on Thursday in Colorado Springs he would stand firm against the bills.

“I can’t tell you when those [magazines] were sold, bought and purchased. As far as I’m concerned, they were all pre-July 1 if the governor does sign this bill,” he said.

Maketa said the proposed laws were hastily crafted and at least one would be unenforceable. A number of Colorado sheriffs are concerned the laws could lead to registration of gun owners, he said.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
Makes sense being Colorado Springs, probably most conservative county there, eh?

But good, let there be an avalanche of pooping on this idiotic an unconstitutional attempt!

::thumbsup::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
And we can savor the irony of liberals complaining about selective enforcement of laws.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »
Libtards get their panties in a bunch over an identification card fee saying that it constitutes an unconstitutional poll tax. Where are the libs crying foul against the unconstitutional arms tax?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 07:38:41 PM »
Libtards get their panties in a bunch over an identification card fee saying that it constitutes an unconstitutional poll tax. Where are the libs crying foul against the unconstitutional arms tax?

Pfffft.  I *know* you can't possibly be asking for integrity from 'em .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 10:16:10 PM »

Magpul:

Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:

We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 05:12:10 AM »

Magpul:

Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:

We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens.

Gov. Lickinpooper may find himself out of a job over this .

RickZ

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 05:23:54 AM »

Then he'll get off easy.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 06:41:13 AM »

Then he'll get off easy.

Got that right!  The least he ought to get is to be run out of the state on a rail and tarred & feathered!

Hope others join Magpul, these asshats do this, it has to hurt and hurt bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
Did that asshat cHickenPlooper sign this BS?

This is the latest I see coming out of CO -

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-20/prisons-chief-shot-dead-as-colorado-poised-to-tighten-gun-laws.html

Wouldn't be surprised to learn this was commit ed with anti-Constitutionalist assistance!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 11:41:25 AM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 11:36:48 AM »
Yeah, when's the next mass shooting? Surely they've already got a wind-up toy identified and positioned, fed his psychotropic drugs. I figured when the AWB encountered resistance in Congress it would be about time for a follow up event to drive the message home.

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »
Saving the latter for when Feinswine introduces her stand alone gun-ban bill.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »

Hickenlooper
[Doug] Smith [owner of Magpul] noted that he will meet with economic developers from Nebraska, Texas and Wyoming in the coming weeks and the company is likely to have multiple locations in the future.

"This ordeal has taught us to be more diverse geographically," Smith said.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »
If this crap keeps up many will be pulling an Ellis Wyatt and Go Galt and let the looters pick through the smoldering remains.  All that remains is Obama signing Directive 10-289 and it will be over.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 08:25:51 PM »

Geographically diverse; nothing east of 95°, very interesting. No SC. Speculating, Doug likes the mountain air but doesn't intend to be stranded regardless.