Author Topic: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall  (Read 14292 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Colorado anti-2A law, and State Senate Recall
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2013, 01:47:11 PM »
Absolutely fair points, and I've been thinking along the same line as well. I guess it's a testament to how far gone we are as a free republic that I immediately dismiss such a possibility as pure fantasy.

One of our biggest problems is that non-committal "nuance" has become associated with cleverness and reasonableness. It's resulted in the proliferation of wordy nonsense and lawyerese in everything. In the public sphere, nobody will just say what they think or mean, for fear of being called this or that. I associate this with the overall emasculation of the culture.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
I associate it to people not taking responsibility for their actions and words.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2013, 12:15:30 AM »
 ::bustamove::

NEXT!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2013, 07:44:13 AM »
Did you hear that asshat's statement?  Was proud to be tossed out on his ass for doing the right thing.

Right thing?  Curbing peoples rights?  Uhh huh...let's see how you piss and moan when something you value is taken away!

Oh wait, it already has, they took your job away!

I'll bet a paycheck this asshat finds a libiot stronghold to run in and he'll be back...assholes this useless cannot stand being away from the only thing they've ever known - a government job with power and perks to lord over others less deserving!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »
Hooray! Dems repaced with Republicans.
Republicans who will do nothing but smile and refuse to do anything to actually repeal what has been done now they are in office. .
A stunning victory for our side. .
Hooray!

RickZ

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »
Hooray! Dems repaced with Republicans.
Republicans who will do nothing but smile and refuse to do anything to actually repeal what has been done now they are in office. .
A stunning victory for our side. .
Hooray!

To be fair, the Legislature is still controlled by Democraps, and the governor is a Democrap.  With these wins, at least the Pubbies can stop further erosion of citizens' liberties.  One pebble can create an avalanche.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »
Wasserfatass-Schlitzed:  "This was voter suppression, pure and simple."

http://twitchy.com/2013/09/11/wasserman-schultz-on-colo-recall-results-this-was-voter-suppression-pure-and-simple/

::hysterical::

::smallestviolin::

::mooning::

Offline Maddy

• Likes the place
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »
"Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz has an interesting theory behind Tuesday’s recall of Democratic Colorado state senators Angela Giron and John Morse after they helped pass new controversial gun control laws earlier this year.

“This was voter suppression, pure and simple,” Wasserman Schultz said in a DNC statement."

"Tuesday’s low turnout was a result of efforts by the NRA, the Koch brothers and other right wing groups who know that when more people vote, Democrats win"

Really, Debbie? I swear to God, it just amazes me how these people have absolutely no shame. Zero.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/11/dnc-chairs-excuse-for-colorado-voter-suppression-pure-and-simple/

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
Maddy, I merged your thread with the thread already running on the same topic.
-IDP
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »
Yup, Maddy...people without either soul or conscience never experience shame...they just feel dissatisfied or less dissatisfied, and it takes a heck of a lot for them to feel less dissatisfied today than it did yesterday...and they always need to spread their misery outward on everybody else in order to feel less dissatisfied...

In short, they suck.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »
Oh, this is soooo rich .......

Refusing to accept her defeat gracefully, recalled Colorado state Sen. Angela Giron appeared on CNN Thursday to blame her embarrassing ouster on “voter suppression.”

...  “We know what really happened here. Yes, we had the strong NRA and you have a person like Mr. Head, but what this story is really about, it’s about voter suppression,” Giron said.

The former state senator claimed that 70 percent of Colorado residents vote by mail, but there was no mail-in voting for the recall election. Surprisingly, she was quickly called out by a CNN anchor.

“OK, forgive me, but I’m going to cut you off right there. Because if we talk voter suppression, I’ve read reports on lack of popularity on your behalf. Let’s just not go there,” CNN’s Brooke Baldwin said.

Being reprimanded by the CNN anchor left Giron looking like this:

Baldwin went on to remind Giron that she and Morse were backed by “mega, mega cash” from Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns compared to the “grassroots effort” to recall the lawmakers over a number of unpopular gun control laws. 

... “What happened?” Baldwin asked.

Giron, visibly flustered, replied: “I’m telling you what happened is that you had, um, only, um, 30,000 of the voters, who in the last election, off-year election, was 45,000. So the people that are, um, in support of very common sense, um, gun legislation weren’t able to get to the polls. They vote by ballot and they have been doing that for 25 years. We have to call it for what it is.”

Yeah, we will call it for what it is, toots; y'all weren't allowed to get away with voter/absentee ballot fraud.

Giron then proceed to denigrate the voters' intelligence ...

The Democrat then sought to downplay the fact that her recall was clearly based on her support of gun control measures. She claimed that the voters she talked to didn’t believe that universal background checks and limiting magazine capacity to 15 rounds infringe on the Second Amendment.

“People didn’t know what it was about. There was voter confusion,” she added. “We didn’t even know what the rules of the game were.”

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »
Angela Giron, one of the CO idiots tossed out on her behind...

In an interview clip below, Giron blames the NRA for the Navy Yard shooting. Giron feels the NRA keeps trying to convince people—out of greed—that “more guns equals safety. And in this case in particular, we can look at, it was a Navy Yard. You couldn’t have any more armed people than in that case right there.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/colorado-gun-grabber-angela-giron-confirms-why-she-was-recalled/

DC's Capitol PD story posted here - http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=8902.new#new

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2013, 12:07:59 PM »

In an interview clip below, Giron blames the NRA for the Navy Yard shooting. Giron feels the NRA keeps trying to convince people—out of greed—that “more guns equals safety. And in this case in particular, we can look at, it was a Navy Yard. You couldn’t have any more armed people than in that case right there.”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/09/colorado-gun-grabber-angela-giron-confirms-why-she-was-recalled/

DC's Capitol PD story posted here - http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=8902.new#new

Idiot.

Navy base is weapon-free zone. Only folks with guns are security.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »
President Clinton signed an executive order preventing folks from being armed on base. ANY President could repeal that and make our bases much safer just that easily. I just wish we had a President.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2013, 12:32:36 PM »
President Clinton signed an executive order preventing folks from being armed on base. ANY President could repeal that and make our bases much safer just that easily. I just wish we had a President.

Rayciss.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »

Idiot.

And according to what I've heard, even security on a lot of these bases are under orders to have weapons with no ammunition in the magazines.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2013, 06:31:03 AM »
Stop, or I'll say stop again.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2013, 07:01:50 AM »

Idiot.

And according to what I've heard, even security on a lot of these bases are under orders to have weapons with no ammunition in the magazines.

That was never the case back in my day, at least for primary access points, inside the security would be standard issue watch gear - flashlight & baton on a watch belt and a walkie-talkie hooked up to watch base, watch base able to flick channels to main base security, other watch bases, tower, etc.  And even that was a change from 50's & 60's when flightline watches had sidearms.  It's gone downhill since...they have to start arming people standing watch or really, what's the point?

As for blank mags...again, what's the point?

By the time you call in the Marines or MP's with arms...whatever terrible deed is likely already done.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »
Stop, or I'll say stop again.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit.   ::facepalm::

By the time they are stopped, well, that's too late.