Author Topic: Pope Francis has a few choice words to say on social issues  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Pope Francis has a few choice words to say on social issues
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
Well it will be interesting to see what sort of papal bulls he issues in his tenure. If Catholics believe the Pope is infallible in his official proclamations, suppose he bans the Latin Tridentine Mass? I've been reading on Barnhardt's page where she brings up the hostility that has been directed at the old Latin mass by the Church, and in one post she suggests the proper response to papal hostility to the Latin mass would be to align oneself with the Eastern Catholics who maintain communion with Rome, because supposedly the Pope has less direct influence over them. I don't know, that seems to me to be within spitting distance of doubting papal infallibility.

That's where I find her missives against Protestants to be irritating, because she acts as if Luther began the "protest" based merely on his selfish desires and not because questions such as the above hadn't been smoldering in people's minds for centuries already.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »
There are times when it seems to me most logical that Jesus Christ would be utterly appalled at the fact that organized religions have been erected in His name. Contemplating people's assertion that Catholicism is the only infallible Christian religion is a regular catalyst for that thought.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »
You both make excellent points, I have voiced similar sentiments many times.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 10:46:24 AM »
The only reason for organized religion is to control the peasants.  With so many in the US doubting the existence of God, maybe that is why government has become the new religion.  The new class of peasants (free shyt libs) want to be controlled.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
Anybody wanting to be controlled should be kicked out, those not leaving voluntarily should be launched.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.