Author Topic: Schumer's anti-Second Amendment bill passes out of committee  (Read 692 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Schumer's anti-Second Amendment bill passes out of committee
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:41:59 PM »
There's a 2A thread on my local forum, the title of which is "Can there be middle ground?"

Well .......... NO, THERE CANNOT.

Read the following, which was linked to by GrassRoots North Carolina and emailed to our members.

First, the shenanigans:

"Shumer had kept the bogus “background check” bill under wraps, only putting forth a shell bill with no specifics. Well, he applied the text through an amendment at the last minute, before it passed. John Richardson has the details, including the text. I’ve only skimmed the details, but here’s the key problems:"

At the link is a link to the actual text of the bill.

Here's the summary:

"If you left town for more than 7 days, and left your gay partner, or unrelated roommate at home with the guns, you’d be committing a felony. This should be called the “denying gun rights to gays act.” Remember that the federal government does not recognize gay marriage, even if you’re state does, thanks to DOMA. 5 years in prison.

Actually, even married couples are questionably legal, because the exemption between family only applies to gifts, not to temporary transfers. The 7 day implication is if you leave your spouse at home for more than 7 days, it’s an unlawful transfer, and you’re a 5 year felon. I suppose you could gift them to your spouse, or related co-habitant, and then have them gift them back when you arrive back home. Maybe the Attorney General will decide to create a form for that.

It would be illegal to lend a gun to a friend to take shooting. That would be a transfer. 5 years in federal prison.

Steals the livelihood of gun dealers by setting a fixed fee to conduct transfers. The fee is fixed by the Attorney General. What’s to prevent him from setting it at $1000?

Enacts defacto universal gun registration, because of record keeping requirements.

All lost and stolen guns must be reported to the federal and local government. This means everyone will have to fill out the theft/loss form, and not just FFLs. You only have 24 hours to comply. If you lose a gun on a hunting trip deep in the woods, and can’t get back home to fill out the form in 24 hours, you’re a felon and will spend 5 years in federal prison.

Want to lend a gun to a friend to go hunting? It’s a 5 year in prison felony.

No exception for state permits. All transfers must go through a dealer or 5 years in federal prison.

UPDATE: Teaching someone to shoot on your own land is a felony, 5 years, if you hand them the gun. Not an exempted transfer."

Per GrassRoots:

The bad news is that today {March 12th - P.} the US Senate Judiciary Committee passed Senator Charles Schumer's (D-NY) bill, S. 374, the misnamed "Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013", mandating the "universal background checks" which are gun banner's code words for "universal gun registration."

Passed by Democrats, no Republicans.

And Feinstein's "assault weapon ban" is/was up for vote today, 3/15.

So, can there be middle ground, hmm?  Where exactly would that be, particularly in view of the words "shall not be infringed".

These freakin' people want to make a criminal out of me, out of millions of gun owners?  Go ahead.

Molon Labe
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Schumer's anti-Second Amendment bill passes out of committee
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »
Schmuckie, You want to make criminals of us? I'm OK with that. Just remember that once you do all bets are off (and I encourage you to imply anything that your evil little heart can muster).

::evil::