Author Topic: Harry Reid excluded the assault-weapons ban from Senate gun bill  (Read 919 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
“My understanding is it will not be (part of the base bill),” Feinstein said. “It will be separate.”

Left on its own as an amendment, Feinstein’s bill would be lucky to get 35 votes. She knows it, too, which is why she vented her frustration ...

I'm sure she is frustrated. 

“Incidentally, this does not prohibit,” Feinstein continued, smacking a table for emphasis, “It exempts 2271 weapons. Isn’t that enough for the people of the United States? Do they need a bazooka? Do they need other high powered weapons military people use to kill in close combat? I don’t think so—

That's what Diane Feinstein asked Ted Cruz in their committee confrontation last week.  How generous of her to make exemptions while attempting to ban 157 weapons plus certain magazines because she believes we don't need them.

The concern now is what's in the rest of Harry Reid's "gun bill".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Harry Reid excluded the assault-weapons ban from Senate gun bill
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:44:25 PM »
Yes, how magnanimous of her to exempt specific examples by name. "Isn't that enough for the people of the United States?"...that just demonstrates everything you need to know about these scumbags. They view us like Oliver Twist having the temerity to ask for more gruel.

The very idea that they can sit up there and give a thumbs up or down to a specific firearm, like a Roman emperor deciding a gladiator's fate, is offensive.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
Yes, how magnanimous of her to exempt specific examples by name. "Isn't that enough for the people of the United States?"...that just demonstrates everything you need to know about these scumbags. They view us like Oliver Twist having the temerity to ask for more gruel.

The very idea that they can sit up there and give a thumbs up or down to a specific firearm, like a Roman emperor deciding a gladiator's fate, is offensive.

Why did Rosa Parks need to sit in the front of that bus?

Your grant of authority does not cover deciding what I need. Every one of them should hang for treason.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:45:47 PM »
Yes, Ms. Fineswine, I would like a bazooka, and some ground to air defenses to protect myself and my loved ones from your drones you hideous old witch!

Treason, aye, and the sentences should be raffled off to the highest bidder, winner gets to choose the method of ridding us of these anti-constitutionalists!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »

The die is cast, the fight is fixed, they will close
the "gunshow loophole".  It's all Kabuki now.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:08:24 AM »
I'm sure this will be claimed as some sort of conservative victory......I had a friend who thought it was.....this is not victory, this is another example of incremental loss of freedom. It's a damn new gun bill.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 06:40:07 AM »
Same so-called "victory" in Minnie. 

http://www.twincities.com/minnesota/ci_22821997/minnesota-house-panel-takes-up-background-checks-guns

They call this shyt winning.

We know it to be losing as it advances the ball ever closer to the enemies endzone.

::gaah::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:05 AM »
Yes, Ms. Fineswine, I would like a bazooka, and some ground to air defenses to protect myself and my loved ones from your drones you hideous old witch!

Treason, aye, and the sentences should be raffled off to the highest bidder, winner gets to choose the method of ridding us of these anti-constitutionalists!

I'd like a panzerfaust !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »

I'd like a panzerfaust !

If you have a working one and it has not degraded, sure, why not?!   ;D

Oh, I forgot to ask, are we having them bend over too?   ::hysterical::

INCOMING!!!