Author Topic: Health Insurance  (Read 1492 times)

Offline sfetter

Health Insurance
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:18 AM »
My sister has been applying for a Hospital foundation job in Cincy for the last few weeks.  Insurance is Humana.  I cannot express in words how invasive and how terrible the invasion of privacy has been in the application process.

Humana has clearly been taken over by the progressives or at least adopted all their ideas. This is clearly leading to losing more of our rights as individuals as they are aggressively making a point to get involved in employee's personal lives outside of work.  I am sure we will see this more as the King's health care takes effect.

How many others are starting to see this as well.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Health Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »
The creep of government into the private health care market has been steady over time. Obamacare is the coup de grace that will finally kill it so that it can be replaced.

Insurance companies and doctors are increasingly in the business of administering services for a government bureaucracy. It stands to reason that the intrusions into our lives would become increasingly burdensome.

They are being forced to switch to something called an "accountable care model" in preparation for Obamacare. This relies on the ridiculous notion that your health is the responsibility of your health care provider, who is in turn accountable to the system under which he operates.

Doctor sees you've gained weight; accountable care makes him accountable for you losing it. Doctor sees that you haven't been making it to your physical therapy appointments; accountable care holds him accountable for getting you there. You're just not the kind to follow doctor's advice? It's now the doctor's fault according to accountable care.

Right now, this accountability is mostly nebulous. But when the private health care market dies, then those providers will all be accountable to the government.

Expect it to get worse. Way worse.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:37:33 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:35:41 AM »
Yes, the ACO direction is nefarious, but I have two more words for you - "meaningful use", it is the carrot & stick effort to get all providers to get up on electronic medical records, this is going to make stealing, er providing, information to the Federal bureaucrats so much easier and in return make it so much easier to punish, er recommend, treatment options (or the lack thereof) of patients, as well as make the death panel, er end of life counselling, a lot easier too.

::gaah::   ::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »
It all gets back to them looking for crafty ways of compelling behavior they can't (yet) outright do by legislative or regulatory order. In this case, it's a large corporation prying into its employees' lives and functioning, essentially, as a proxy for the government. Basically what happens is that our rights might continue to exist on paper, but become increasingly meaningless in practice. Already you experience it any time you take a flight. Queue up for the genital groping, and no there's no violation of your 4th Amendment rights because you have "voluntarily" forfeit them by virtue of purchasing a ticket for a flight. You still have your 4th Amendment rights, and if it means that much to you then you can choose to not travel by air. Or train. Or, increasingly, on highways. See how it grows like a cancer? ObamaCare is the cherry on top for this governing philosophy of theirs, because they'll be able to compel you to do whatever they want while claiming they haven't infringed on any of your rights. After all, you don't have to do what they compel if you don't want to, you are free to not go to the doctor ever. But if you want to receive medical care, then as a condition of access you will "voluntarily" forfeit this right and that right.

It's virtually unlimited what they can do with this governing concept, and I have no doubt they plan to test just how unlimited it is.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline sfetter

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »
What all of you above describe is exactly what I see happening as well.  I just wish there was some organized effort to fight these policies and the people who are putting them in place.  But it seems most of the country is asleep or too busy texting to pay attention.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:21:42 PM »
What all of you above describe is exactly what I see happening as well.  I just wish there was some organized effort to fight these policies and the people who are putting them in place.  But it seems most of the country is asleep or too busy texting to pay attention.

It was the Tea Party. The GOP doesn't like the Tea Party.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »
But if you want to receive medical care, then as a condition of access you will "voluntarily" forfeit this right and that right.

Taxes are voluntary too.
Paying income tax in America is Voluntary

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »
But if you want to receive medical care, then as a condition of access you will "voluntarily" forfeit this right and that right.

Taxes are voluntary too.
I'm sorry but does this asshole understand the meaning of"voluntary"?
I know you're just reinforcing the notion that Reid in a buffoon but........really? What and asshole.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:02:07 PM »

Taxes are voluntary too.
I'm sorry but does this asshole understand the meaning of"voluntary"?
I know you're just reinforcing the notion that Reid in a buffoon but........really? What and asshole.

Depends on whom is doing the defining, as in "voluntary until you resist and then you're put in jail".

Seven marines died in an ordnance SNAFU in Nevada today and aforesaid asshole gets on the Senate floor to blame "sequester".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »
Yes, voluntary, at the point of the Federal gun, yes, you can choose to exercise your rights and be penalized for it, yeah no violation of any right there, eh?  You had a choice.

They can take their choice and stuff it!  Better yet, let me, I'll ram it down their tyrannical throat until their demon appendages stop kicking!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »
I will volunteer to kick his ass up and down the halls of DC. ::asskicking::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
What's that game the Afghans play with a dead goat?  We can do that, but with these asshats, and they'll start out alive. . .

;D