Author Topic: CNN has lost all sense of reason!  (Read 2646 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
CNN has lost all sense of reason!
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:26:13 AM »
What the hell is this

Those "poor boys", they had their whole life ahead of themselves.  ::sarc::  This is a continuation of the "blame someone else" for the things I do mentality.  If those "poor boys" had thought about consequences there would not have been a trial at all.  This makes me sick.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: CNN has lost all sense of reason!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »
CNN also fell all over themselves with sympathy for the ruined lives of the Duke LaCrosse team non-rapists.

NOT.

They're disgusting degenerates, and so are the Steubenville rapists.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »
On March 18, I dropped CNN this love note via their website:

I see where CNN’s Candy Crowley and Poppy Harlow are full-throated rapist apologists.  Their coverage of the Steubenville rape case sentencing was appalling, disgusting and exactly what is wrong with progressive liberal jouraljizm.  They should be fired for being ignorant scrunts, if nothing else.  But there is something else.  They showed so much sympathy for the poor dear underage rapists, totally ignoring the heinous crimes they committed, that they showed not only poor taste, but were completely classless in their so-called reporting.  Why do libs hate women so much?

I would ask both of those scrunts if they would feel the same about their misunderstood rapists if they were drugged, gang raped for hours, and then had the pictures of their assault broadcast?  Okay, probably not Crowley.  She looks like she hasn't been laid in decades and, to be honest, who'd want to dip their wick in such an evil scrunt?  So I guess she'd be thrilled at all the attention a rape can bring, both during and after.

Fire the two of them.  This is not a free speech issue.  You are a private business.  If you allow these two to remain employed at your business, you approve of their comments.  Sympathy for the rapists?  Imagine that, coming from the Clinton News Network (another rapist adored by your so-called news organization.)

I seriously wonder if having an IQ below 70 is required for your on-air 'talent'?  (Thinking of that Jeopardy! genius, Wolf Blitzed.)

Gee, move along, nothing to here.  You are a network where convicted rapists are to to be shown sympathy and empathy because their young lives 'are ruined' while the true victim of the brutal hours-long gang rape is barely mentioned as an afterthought.

Good job, if by good job I mean being complete jackasses.

Next up on CNN:  Why Women Should Not Go Out At Night Wearing Short Skirts Because They're Asking For It.  Maybe you can become the Shari'a News Network, blaming all the open cans of meat running around flaunting their charms and causing men to lose their minds and rape them?  Because playing the sympathy card for the rapists in this case, as those two airheads did, is doing exactly that.

Needless to say, no response.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:34:39 AM »
Disgusting. I suppose that there is an element of sadness to the way these punks destroyed their lives. It's always sad when a young person goes astray.

But compared to the way they destroyed their victim's life, that element does not deserve the dignity of mention in a news story, let alone to have it be the feature. Once they were convicted of rape, they are no longer "high school football stars", they are just "convicted rapists", and all that goes with it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
Once they were convicted of rape, they are no longer "high school football stars", they are just "convicted rapists", and all that goes with it.

Hopefully registered sex offenders for life, although since it was a juvie conviction, I'm not sure, what with sealed juvie records and all that.  But they should have to register for life.  This wasn't a case of getting caught peeing in public or statutory rape where the guy is an 18-year-old senior and his date is a 16-year-old sophomore.  This was a brutal, hours long gang rape, documented by the perps and put out there on the internet, which means forever.  Since the girl has to live with this forever, so should they.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »
Once they were convicted of rape, they are no longer "high school football stars", they are just "convicted rapists", and all that goes with it.

Hopefully registered sex offenders for life, although since it was a juvie conviction, I'm not sure, what with sealed juvie records and all that.  But they should have to register for life.  This wasn't a case of getting caught peeing in public or statutory rape where the guy is an 18-year-old senior and his date is a 16-year-old sophomore.  This was a brutal, hours long gang rape, documented by the perps and put out there on the internet, which means forever.  Since the girl has to live with this forever, so should they.

Indeed. I can't imagine being the parent of a victim like this girl. These evil bastards living with stigma and inconvenience of sex-crime registry for a single solitary day let alone a lifetime would be the least thing that would satisfy my need for revenge. I don't think I could let them live if it was within my power to take their lives.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
If it were my daughter, they would be dead.
It may take some time and one by one so they all could experience fear of not knowing when the hammer will drop

Vengence is mine saith The Lord

However, I will help in this case

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
What AP said!   ::thumbsup::

Oh, and no more dropping letters on CNN, need something heavier and more appropriate!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 12:00:54 PM »
Even Ted Turner's son shares our opinion of that blot on broadcasting.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 01:48:35 PM »
I loved the note RickZ. These leftist mouth-breathers can dismiss it all they want but it is fun to rub their noses in it from time to time.

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
I loved the note RickZ. These leftist mouth-breathers can dismiss it all they want but it is fun to rub their noses in it from time to time.

Thanks.

To be honest, I shocked myself at the lack of expletives not deleted in that missive.  But I thnk my love note was far harsher than if it had expletives.  I admit, I enjoyed writing that, especailly the 'Candy Crowley enjoying being raped' dig.

I'm now of the opinion that if I don't tell them, they'll never know.  Now when we come hunting for their communist asses in the future, well, they were warned.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
I forgot to say in my post above that they would enjoy a slow painful demise.
Perhaps nailing parts of their anatomy to a tree trunk and pushing

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »

About deportment and costume; Why do you act and dress like a bitch if you aren't one?

That said: http://doubleplusundead.com/2013/03/20/i-bet-you-thought-i-was-dead/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 10:35:58 PM »

About deportment and costume; Why do you act and dress like a bitch if you aren't one?

That said: http://doubleplusundead.com/2013/03/20/i-bet-you-thought-i-was-dead/

Because, CO, because they've been taught that it is their right to do so and that when exercising their right to do so, they also have a "right to feel safe".  That "right to feeeel safe" rules out, for example, and I've written it here before and more than once, thinking even once about the wisdom of staggering around drunk in a bad neighborhood -- or any neighborhood -- at two A.M., alone, and seductively dressed.  Worse than Condition White; Condition Brainwashed.

This right here is not "blaming the victim", it's blaming the UNsane, reality-challenged assholes that dared ditch centuries of wisdom taught to females in favor of "empowerment".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 06:31:21 AM »
Sounds like a perfectly acceptable definition of insanity to me.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »
It's this very mindset that drove the story in the first place.  Breitbart might whine that the backlash went overboard, because of Anonymous' hand in it, but the backlash wouldn't have been there in the first place, if rape were treated as a serious crime.

I think the attitude started with Clinton apologists.  Why is it appropriate to ruin a poor jock's life, if we forgave Bill Clinton for rape?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
Don't forget about the Swimmer either, drowning your dates is no biggier either, and all that came as a result of the rampant philandering of Big Bro and Moonshine Pappy (aka the Fascist crony)!