Author Topic: "The Constitution did not guarantee public safety -- it guaranteed liberty"  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This man spoke before a committee in the Connecticut state legislature. His line at the end is the money quote: "The Constitution did not guarantee public safety -- it guaranteed liberty."

And that really is the fundamental difference in the two irreconcilable camps in this country today. They beg to be made slaves in exchange for safety and security, the tyrant's oldest trick in the book; we on the other hand demand that our natural, God-given liberties be respected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ledhyTAE2zo
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Pretty respectful, more than statists deserve.  We shall not meekly submit nor quietly surrender our rights and liberty to ANYBODY foreign or domestic in return for some nebulous and perishable Utopian security, EVER!  They can pass whatever laws they think they can get away with, make me a law-breaker, your laws do not trump my rights, EVER!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
The Price of Freedom is having the occasional mass shooting. The price of freedom is sometimes people fail or make the wrong choices.
Life isn't fair, nor safe. Its time for the pussy liberals to man up, put kindergarten behind them and stop expecting mommy and daddy to take care them

I will take mass shootings over  everyone  being forced to lick a fascist's boots at gun point. And that IS your choice.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Agreed Weisshaupt, and the occasional mass shooting WOULD be mitigated and more people saved from death and injury if free people were allowed to be free people and carry arms concealed or in clear view and not be harassed, prosecuted, demonized or persecuted for putting down such evil filth when this filth decides to harm others!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Arrogant, statist asshole toward the end talking about "not taking away your guns" is him missing the point.  The guns are a symbol, as well as a means of self-defense, of our RIGHTS!!!  He's not just talking guns, he's talking about our LIBERTY, goldammy!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Agreed Weisshaupt, and the occasional mass shooting WOULD be mitigated and more people saved from death and injury if free people were allowed to be free people and carry arms concealed or in clear view and not be harassed, prosecuted, demonized or persecuted for putting down such evil filth when this filth decides to harm others!

^^^^^
THAT

::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

Eventually that evil will learn of a little thing I like to call consequences.  Something that will make them think twice before making that potentially life changing action.  Now, they aren't worried if they get caught, and thats a big if, they just do some time, get released and are back commiting the evil.  If they had to think, "Gee... I could grab grannys purse and dash, but that guy over there and the chick at the flower stand look like they may be packin,  I think I'll wander off somewhere else and look for an easier target".  But if everyone was allowed to be packing there would be no "somewhere else" to wander off to.  Before you know it that lowlife will either have to get a job or die.  I prefer the latter but either are better than skum sucker hurting some innocent person because they have something he wants.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:33:06 PM by benb61 »
Eschew Obfuscation