Author Topic: Moran to Rove: Stop ‘Scaring People With Orwellian’ Talk About Guns  (Read 692 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
You just cannot make this stuff up.

Things got heated during a segment about background checks and gun control legislation during a panel discussion on This Week when Nightline anchor Terry Moran told Karl Rove that he was “scaring people” with talk about gun confiscation and black helicopters.

Rove told fellow panelist Jim Messina that the laws President Obama is proposing would not have prevented the Newtown massacre. “Those guns were legally purchased with a background check, this would not have stopped something like that. Let’s be very careful about quickly trampling on the rights of people,” he said.

“Look, you want to get something done then stop scaring people. Don’t say we’re gonna keep a registry of all these guns,” he said.

Moran interrupted Rove.

“You’re scaring people with this Orewellian sense that black helicopters and the government, if we register guns, are going to confiscate American’s guns. That kind of paranoia” Moran said before being interrupted by Rove.

O rly, Moran, you maroon?

California wants Vice President Joe Biden to follow the state’s lead and confiscate weapons.
Business Week reported:

... California is the only state that takes legally obtained weapons away from citizens who are no longer supposed to have them.

... California Attorney General Kamala Harris wrote to Vice President Biden after the shootings in Newtown, Conn. She recommended that Biden, heading a White House review of gun policy, look to California as a model.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Ridicule and shame have worked for them so far. They've convinced half the country that people who believe in traditional values and just want to be left th f*** alone are moronic rubes that NOBODY wants to be like.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Ridicule and shame have worked for them so far. They've convinced half the country that people who believe in traditional values and just want to be left th f*** alone are moronic rubes that NOBODY wants to be like.

Precisely why they're encountering the belligerent tone so prevalent today on the right; we're mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Besides, it's not like The Butthead supports candidates and policies that allow more and more asshats feel free to grab our guns and ridicule us...this crap is choke full of irony!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.