Poll

How will the Supreme's Rule on Queer Marriage?

The feckless Roberts Court will invent a new "right" like the Warren Court did with abortion and will make queer marriage legal across the nation and further send us into the depths of depravity.
11 (84.6%)
It will be a narrow 5-4 decision against that merely postpones the day when deviant behavior is made legal by mortals in robes.
2 (15.4%)
It will be defeated and never surface as an issue again.
0 (0%)
Doesn't matter/who cares? We're all doomed anyway!
0 (0%)
I have no opinion because I am just not paying attention at all.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: How will the Supreme's Rule on Queer Marriage?  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
How will the Supreme's Rule on Queer Marriage?
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »
I'm not confident, at all, it will be shot down and never seen again.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/21787312/high-court-gay-marriage-tickets-cost-time-money
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
Re: How will the Supreme's Rule on Queer Marriage?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:07:06 AM »
I'm afraid I share your pessimism.

And, like all ('freedoms' or 'rights', as they've been branded by MSM), it will not be easy to rectify this once decided.

So, can religious institutions still turn down unsavory marriages worst case scenario?
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:22:44 AM »
I am sure the Supreme Court has been compromised beyond repair at this point.  When they can blatantly say the bill as passed is unconstitutional, but they will amend it so that "penalty" means "tax", while also claiming a tax of $1000s every year isn't burdensome,  that have announced publicly that they are no longer going to do their jobs, and are instead cronies of the administration, willing to rubber stamp any new fascist policy they want.

They feel better about themselves when that make us bad, evil, bitter-clinger types do "the right thing" - and so you can expect they will find Gay Marriage legal, and they will then use that as a tool to "make you" accept them. 

We may not win, but we should take out as many of these self righteous narcissistic liberal pricks as we can before we go. Shoot them in the back. Poison them. Torture them . If you don't believe others have rights, you can lay no claim to rights of your own.  If you believe that a Democracy is legitimate because a majority decides , then we will obtain out own majorities of 20 or more in the back alleys. After all, if the "majority" in the alley decide to beat or rape you, who are you, a single individual in the minority, to object?

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »
A minority . . .  I'll apply for protected status!  AA!    ::danceban::
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »
A minority . . .  I'll apply for protected status!  AA!  :bananadance:

Yeah, but the application process is a little hard to swallow.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 09:50:51 AM »
A minority . . .  I'll apply for protected status!  AA!  :bananadance:

Yeah, but the application process is a little hard to swallow.

I see what you did there.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:23:42 AM »
I am sure the Supreme Court has been compromised beyond repair at this point.  When they can blatantly say the bill as passed is unconstitutional, but they will amend it so that "penalty" means "tax", while also claiming a tax of $1000s every year isn't burdensome,  that have announced publicly that they are no longer going to do their jobs, and are instead cronies of the administration, willing to rubber stamp any new fascist policy they want.

They feel better about themselves when that make us bad, evil, bitter-clinger types do "the right thing" - and so you can expect they will find Gay Marriage legal, and they will then use that as a tool to "make you" accept them.  

We may not win, but we should take out as many of these self righteous narcissistic liberal pricks as we can before we go. Shoot them in the back. Poison them. Torture them . If you don't believe others have rights, you can lay no claim to rights of your own.  If you believe that a Democracy is legitimate because a majority decides , then we will obtain out own majorities of 20 or more in the back alleys. After all, if the "majority" in the alley decide to beat or rape you, who are you, a single individual in the minority, to object?

That really is the takeaway I am getting as well, SCOTUS seems to almost fully co-opted into advancing the statist agenda regardless what we the majority think anyway, so it is the minority trampling the majority by decree in order to make it appear the minority is the majority and once in place the manufactured new minority will have no say because the law is set in stone and pro-deviancy will be seen as the new mainstream/majority/normal.  Abortion, Obamacare...deviant marriage...it doesn't matter, it's all about destroying the underpinnings of America...once her anchors are cut the whims of man will be set loose to wherever their passions lead them!  Welcome to the beginning of the Pagan Nation of America, where anything goes, as long as it is sanctioned by the state!

I agree Weisshaupt, there is no reasoning with people willing to destroy the pillars we were Founded upon, there is no reasoning with pure emoters incapable of rational thought, there is no equal division of the nation and its resources with the looters, there is no religious freedom when any act of deviancy must be accepted by one and all at the point of a government gun!

In the end we will have to kill every last one of them!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »
I am sure the Supreme Court has been compromised beyond repair at this point.

Word.

In our upside-down world I have a hard time finding anyone who will admit to having faith or confidence in the court. At this point what we're witnessing (more often than not) is validation of our worst fears. It's easy for me - I said moths ago that if they upheld the Øbamanation that is Øbamacare I would cease to recognize their charter. They made their bed and I've made mine. They can do whatever makes them feeeeeeeeeel good - I'll not respect it or abide by it.

I always sorta liked the name Renegade.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 01:59:30 PM »
Seven votes so far, including mine, and all predict the Roberts court will screw us again.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »
I voted for a narrow 5-4 punt on 3rd down. But ultimately who even cares anymore. This country is already finished. They'll get their sodomite marriage, and not long after we'll have marriages between 3+ people, marriages between siblings, children, animals, WTF-ever.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »

I love my pony ::applerump::, no, really.

I'm afraid you're correct about Roberts, he's done this before.  He asked probing questions today that would lead one to assume he will rule in conservative.  Leading us down the garden path before he cuts us off at the knees as he did on Obamacare.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 04:51:14 PM »
Seven votes so far, including mine, and all predict the Roberts court will screw us again.

I haven't voted. I'm conflicted between the choices. The only one that doesn't have any basis in reality is "It will be defeated and never surface as an issue again" - as we all know rust and evil never sleeps. They will never give up trying to destroy civilization.

All of the arguments for/against are thoroughly worn out. I'm weary of all of it.

My public stance is simple: faggots attempting to change the definition of marriage is like mathematical illiterates trying to change the the equation 2+2=4. They can imagine any damnable thing that trips their hammer but that won't make it true.

Personally, there is a huge (and growing) part of me that says "go ahead". Because redefining the underpinnings of civilization will only hasten the day when it all collapses and I get to wreak my revenge.

Do it now while I still have plenty of ammo.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »

I haven't voted. I'm conflicted between the choices. The only one that doesn't have any basis in reality is "It will be defeated and never surface as an issue again" - as we all know rust and evil never sleeps. They will never give up trying to destroy civilization.

All of the arguments for/against are thoroughly worn out. I'm weary of all of it.

My public stance is simple: faggots attempting to change the definition of marriage is like mathematical illiterates trying to change the the equation 2+2=4. They can imagine any damnable thing that trips their hammer but that won't make it true.

Personally, there is a huge (and growing) part of me that says "go ahead". Because redefining the underpinnings of civilization will only hasten the day when it all collapses and I get to wreak my revenge.

Do it now while I still have plenty of ammo.

Yes.  And depressed, demoralized and just plain sad.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »
I voted for a narrow 5-4 punt on 3rd down. But ultimately who even cares anymore. This country is already finished. They'll get their sodomite marriage, and not long after we'll have marriages between 3+ people, marriages between siblings, children, animals, WTF-ever.

Oh come on. Deep down you have always wanted to see how bad bad can get. Now we get to find out.
They created a situation where every conservative is turning into a person who "just wants to watch the world burn", Get the lawn chair the gun  and the popcorn, and just relax as it all falls apart.  I know I want to take the time to enjoy the looks of terror on the liberals faces as it all comes crashing down on them. Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine - mostly because I know the liberals will largely bring upon themselves  the suffering I wish for them, without me having to life a finger. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »

I'd like a Tom Collins to go with that popcorn, thank you.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:07 PM »

I'd like a Tom Collins to go with that popcorn, thank you.

I can make that for you, and salud! with a glass of wine.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 11:15:12 PM »
 ::thumbsup::

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »
There was a brilliant comment by a Justice....this is like forcing a child to call someone his friend against his will....you may do that and you can do that, but by doing so you have changed the very definition of the word friend. You did not make the person his friend.

The same thing is happening with marriage. They will not make it a marriage, they will redefine the word to be meaningless.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »
All day yesterday and again this morning clips played of the oral arguments focusing on the Justices questions and responses with an eye toward predicting which way they'll rule.  Shades of the Obamacare case, to my mind, the ruling on which came as a severe shock to most.

So, meh.  More Kabuki theater.

I don't give a rat's ass anymore what any of them do.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 07:34:50 AM »
Yes, Kabuki, reading the oral argument tea leaves one way or the other has led many a prognosticator astray from what the eventual ruling would be.  

And as we all know, just because the Supreme Court deems something to be "legal" does not make it right, moral, or just.

Dred Scott said slaves were not Americans and had no standing and said the Federal government cannot regulate slavery in newly acuired territories, both elements were reversed only as a result of war.

Gitlow could be pointed at as the beginning of the supreme state making it more difficult for Americans who are jealous of their liberty from changing their government in the manner of the Founders because the "direct incitement" directed at the present government, we'll gosh, could have a field day with that cirteria today, eh?

Korematsu gave the thumbs up to FDR's Executive Order 9066 for the internment of Japanese Americans based upon the definintion of the "exclusion order".  What was done once can be done again.

Griswald began the march to expel God from Public Schools, what followed was inevitable - greater power by teachers unions, an ever lefetward lurch in curiculum, higher costs and lower scores and moral behavior.

Roe came along and create an entire new right that never existed before and made it legal to slaughter millions of babies for the most trivial of reasons.  The American Holocaust continues unabated.

US v Virginia ended single sex state schools and ended institutions like VMI, yet "black" colleges are allowed to exist, VMI and the other schools should have been allowed to continue!  IS this the most prominent start of the war on men?

And on June 28th 2012 the nefarious ObamaCare law was upheld when the turncoat Roberts redfined a penalty to be a tax, thus making it legal, this is the day the Republic officially ended, everything after this point is just going to leverage off that fondation, the Imperial Government will not ever sucumb to peaceful transformation...and things will only get worse.

Bourbon, Single Malt, Rum...I'm easy to please aned I have my own chair.   ;)