Author Topic: Dr Ben Carson properly nails critics  (Read 1692 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Dr Ben Carson properly nails critics
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:43 PM »
“Intelligent people tend to talk about the facts,” he added. “They don’t sit around and call each other names. That’s what you can find on a third grade playground…to sit around and act like third graders is not productive.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/26/dr-ben-carson-fires-back-at-msnbcs-toure-others-that-claim-conservatives-are-only-embracing-him-so-they-can-say-they-arent-racist/

::clapping::

Truth and ridicule can be a potent combination!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Dr Ben Carson properly nails critics
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
Don't fall in love with this guy.  He gets some things right, but not all and one of the things he gets wrong is 2A.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »
Oh yeah, hadn't heard that.   ::facepalm::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:53:09 AM »
Nice.  Don't like the idea of conditional rights nor do I understand the demonization of for-profit healthcare companies, and given his more recent statements is there evidence he has had a "come to Jesus" moment or is this some sort of Ruling Class op being put into play?  Or is this guy just dicking with us for his own amusement?

God, I hate this century!

::unknowncomic::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »
Nice.  Don't like the idea of conditional rights nor do I understand the demonization of for-profit healthcare companies, and given his more recent statements is there evidence he has had a "come to Jesus" moment or is this some sort of Ruling Class op being put into play?  Or is this guy just dicking with us for his own amusement?

::whatgives::   Book demonizing for-profit published in 2012, so, you tell me.

God, I hate this century!

::unknowncomic::

Me too.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 08:04:27 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/03/04/dr-ben-carson-your-right-to-own-a-semiautomatic-should-depend-on-where-you-live/

Not all that great on "healthcare" either .....

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/03/ben_carsons_views_on_health_care_problematic.html

I read a bunch of the comments at your first link (thanks BTW ;-)
Many were good - this one brilliant in its simplicity:

“Your right to own a semi-automatic should depend on where you live.”

Let me finish that for you…

If you live in the United States, then you have that right. If you live in a country without the 2nd amendment or similar provision, then you don’t.

Wasn’t that easy?

Russ in OR on March 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Ironic that I was watching "I, Robot" while reading this. It puts one particular line from the Will Smith character in stark focus:

"You're the dumbest smart person I know"

Don't lose your day job Dr. Ben...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 08:10:52 AM »
 ::curtsy4::

I'd say "my pleasure", but it gives me none to be a killjoy.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
Well, even today it sounds like Rush is still on the Ben-crush...

::facepalm::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »

I see no reason to not admire the man for what he is and what he's accomplished, but that doesn't translate into Presidential material, in my opinion anyway. 

Conservatives are so desperate for a decent and stalwart standard-bearer, as soon as someone utters something halfway sensible, many of them jump on the "_______ for President" bandwagon.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 11:58:46 AM »

I see no reason to not admire the man for what he is and what he's accomplished, but that doesn't translate into Presidential material, in my opinion anyway. 

Conservatives are so desperate for a decent and stalwart standard-bearer, as soon as someone utters something halfway sensible, many of them jump on the "_______ for President" bandwagon.

Yup. I've been guilty of it, but now that I see the pattern emerging, it is a bit disconcerting to see conservatives repeatedly moving from one savior to the next. Sarah Palin... Herman Cain... Marco Rubio... Chris Christie... Rand Paul...

We can never out-rock-star the Leftists, because conservatism does not rest on the cult of personality. Personality and charisma are fine qualities, but we don't need a cult-hero, we need resolve to do what needs to be done. It seems that kind of resolve does not reside in the realm of politics.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
Well, I wasn't knocking anyone in particular here, IDP.

We may as well classify me as the Resident Cassandra.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »

I didn't take it as a knock, but if the shoe fits, I'm willing to wear it. I'd rather admit to having my eyes opened to a particular shortcoming than to walk around with my head up my ass.

;)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
What IDP said!  (That popping sound earlier was me pulling out!)

I hope DC does not corrupt Ted Cruz, he might be the only elected person who best represents our beliefs!

(Hope I didn't just jinx him.)  

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »

If I remember Cassandra correctly her prognostications weren't believed even though they were accurate. You're not sharing anything that isn't true - just unsettling.

All my heroes are gone away and I'm too old to pretend to finding new replacements - or that my sensibilities even matter a tinker's damn. I used to have an expression that made various people so agitated that I put it on a shelf. Perhaps it's time to take it down and dust it off:

"Said the rapist to the lady, "There ain't a damned thing you can do about it so you may as well enjoy the ride"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
Yeah, that one might have to come of the shelf more often.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »
Just heard on Rush:  the graduating class of medical students at John Hopkins University, where Dr. Carson teaches, asked they he be uninvited to speak at the ceremony.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
Just heard on Rush:  the graduating class of medical students at John Hopkins University, where Dr. Carson teaches, asked they he be uninvited to speak at the ceremony.

What petulant little totalitarian f***s.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 01:57:14 PM »
One of the most brilliant medical minds in the country, and these little brats can't put aside their fetish for Obama for their own frikking graduation ceremony and allow him to honor their accomplishment as someone whom they should all aspire to be like, if they had half a brain.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »

I doubt it, but I hope John Hopkins university tells these snot noses to mind their own business.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.