Author Topic: Die Welt: "Scientists Warn of Ice Age"  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Die Welt: "Scientists Warn of Ice Age"
« on: March 27, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »
H/T: Small Dead Animals

Ever so slowly, the global warming scam unravels.  Even mainstream publications like Die Welt are beginning to let little bits of truth seep through.

Mentioning the lethal “100-year, record-smashing” spring cold and snow spreading across Europe over the past month has for the most part been avoided like the plague by Germany’s mainstream media. The silence over the record cold and frost, which has killed thousands and cost billions, has been ear-ringing.

Yet some leading dailies are breaking ranks, and have begun to examine the phenomenon critically and openly.

For example veteran journalist Ulli Kulke at German flagship daily Die Welt today has stunned the rest of the German mainstream media with a piece titled Scientists warn of ice age.

Kulke writes that recently a growing number of scientific publications have been appearing in leading journals, and that they have been challenging the simplistic “one dimensional CO2 explanation” for climate change and showing that even the unlikely “doubling of atmospheric CO2 concentration by 2050 would not have dramatic effects.”

Kulke writes:

"Yet, papers with such content, even though they have passed the peer-review process, do not make any headlines. But they have been becoming much more frequent recently."

Increasingly it seems more and more scientists are now seeing huge opportunity in overturning one of the most ballyhooed scientific hypotheses of modern time, funding be damned.

In the Die Welt piece, Kulke asks if the record cold and snow over much of the northern hemisphere “is just a coincidence“. The odds are increasing that it is not, and that it’s not for nothing that a growing number of scientists are becoming friendly to other explanations and that the body of evidence supporting a combination of explanations is taking shape quickly. Kulke writes that it is therefore no surprise that 2 Russian scientists have recently joined the ever more thunderous chorus of alternative explanations on what drives climate. He writes:

"It’s probably no coincidence that ever louder scientific opinions warning of an imminent ice period are coming also from Russia. Vladimir Baschkin and Rauf Galiulin have recently recognized the ice age possibility in a study. Both biogeochemists – a discipline that also includes the study of the Earth’s atmosphere – have written a study for the Research Institute Vniigaz of the Gazprom concern, an address of course that cannot be said is free of lobbyists. However, their arguments are underpinned by findings that are gaining more and more acceptance from independent science: solar activity is weakening considerably - to an extent that was last seen several hundred years ago, the Little Ice Age, according to scientists."

Kulke writes that not only is the CO2-science for explaining climate change one-dimensional, but that also only looking at changes in solar irradiance is completely inadequate. The sun’s fluctuating magnetic activity and its impact on the Earth’s atmosphere, direct and indirect, though not well understood, are proving to have a far greater influence on the Earth’s climate than many are willing to admit. This is all being backed up by leading research institutes such as CERN in Geneva and the Danish National Space Institute of Denmark.

http://notrickszone.com/2013/03/25/flagship-daily-die-welt-stuns-germany-scientists-warn-of-ice-age-cites-new-peer-reviewed-russian-study/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

Re: Die Welt: "Scientists Warn of Ice Age"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »

Europe having a "medieval ice period" doesn't mean we're going to be participants.  Different weather patterns for different parts of the world.
If only the Indians had kept better records we'd know what to plan for.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 04:24:47 PM »
I think the point here is that man can not affect the temperature of the planet.  We are insignificant on a global scale.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
It's nice to see the Climate Change™ liars exposed.

But even if the so-called consensus were to shift to an ice age model, the solutions for the saving of mankind and the planet would be more Leftism.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
I think the point here is that man can not affect the temperature of the planet.  We are insignificant on a global scale.

Precisely.  Even the most minute variance in the Sun's output would, in absolute terms, dwarf all energy ever used by human beings since the beginning of time.  All the energy we have ever released, from ancient Celts burning blocks of peat in Scotland to modern automobiles burning petroleum, would not even amount to a rounding error in the Sun's output.

Likewise a single volcanic eruption can release more sulfur and carbon compounds than years of human activity could. Of all the variables that go into a system as complex as planetary climate, our inputs are negligible. Asymptotic systems mean the largest mathematical term in the equation becomes the defining term because it dwarfs the other terms over time. As a trivial example in something like n^2 + 2n + n, the largest term is n^2 so the other two are negligible over time. For us, the Sun is definitely the largest term in our climate equation.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
The solution should be to realize that mankind cannot affect the planet to any major degree.  We are but ants on this large chunk of rock.  The first time I showed my son how far off the surface of the planet the International Space Station flies (120-150 miles) on a globe he could not believe it.  For all youze guys, look at a globe, take a piece of paper and mark on the paper the distance from San Diego to Los Angeles, trim the paper between those two lines and stand that strip on edge on the globe, that is how far off the planet the ISS flys.  Now think how small a person is relative to that strip of paper.  We really are insignificant, even 6 billion of us.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:42:24 PM by benb61 »
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 07:33:58 PM »
The controllers will never cease saying they can control things beyond their control as long as the main impediment to controlling it can be pinned on man no matter the lack of evidence to the contrary because controlling man is easier and the main thrust of their efforts anyway, so SSDD (same shyt different data)!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

Precisely.  Even the most minute variance in the Sun's output would, in absolute terms, dwarf all energy ever used by human beings since the beginning of time.  All the energy we have ever released, from ancient Celts burning blocks of peat in Scotland to modern automobiles burning petroleum, would not even amount to a rounding error in the Sun's output.

Likewise a single volcanic eruption can release more sulfur and carbon compounds than years of human activity could. Of all the variables that go into a system as complex as planetary climate, our inputs are negligible. Asymptotic systems mean the largest mathematical term in the equation becomes the defining term because it dwarfs the other terms over time. As a trivial example in something like n^2 + 2n + n, the largest term is n^2 so the other two are negligible over time. For us, the Sun is definitely the largest term in our climate equation.
If you've watched any of the Star Trek TNG, you've noticed that they can control the climate in the future and that my friends is their pipe dream, control of the climate. This is why so many believe it will be possible because some leftist hack thinks it may be possible. Logic would clearly contradict that thought but who says liberals are capable of rational thought.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »
Hot...cold...hot...cold...hot...cold...

OMG we're all gonna die!!!

::)

So tired of these Chicken Littles!

::mooning::

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »
http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21574461-climate-may-be-heating-up-less-response-greenhouse-gas-emissions

OVER the past 15 years air temperatures at the Earth’s surface have been flat while greenhouse-gas emissions have continued to soar. The world added roughly 100 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere between 2000 and 2010. That is about a quarter of all the CO₂ put there by humanity since 1750. And yet, as James Hansen, the head of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, observes, “the five-year mean global temperature has been flat for a decade.”

They're losing ground, and still clinging to their desperate beliefs.  After all green is an industry now.
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »
Those damn Europeans are driving so many small cars, lost so many jobs, they are producing less co2 that they are creating an ice age. damn them.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
Those damn Europeans are driving so many small cars, lost so many jobs, they are producing less co2 that they are creating an ice age. damn them.

Heh, I like that explanation, I might have to borrow that!   ::thumbsup::