Author Topic: 'Mama Bear' v. TPOS  (Read 1515 times)

charlesoakwood

'Mama Bear' v. TPOS
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »

Ted Cruz says he wouldn't be in the Senate without 'Mama Bear' Palin (Houston Chronicle):

Loaded for Bear

SarahPAC supporters - The 2014 elections are just twenty months away. We appreciate your support; together we have elected many great commonsense conservatives over the past four years. Together, we will keep fighting to support these bold candidates. Please take a moment to share this video with your friends and learn more by visiting sarahpac.com. You can also directly help SarahPAC by donating here http://bit.ly/XHpwGX. - Tim Crawford, Treasurer - SarahPAC

There's been so many egos and fractionalism within various TeaParty leaderships and no Breitbart to yank their chain Sarah Palin may well be the organizing force, the anti-rove, who will rally money and service in order to defeat the country club conservatives.  Whether we, as a country, eventually unravel or go to bits it will be a great pleasure to see that fat bastard lose and eat crow. Not to mention watch good people get elected.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 'Mama Bear' v. TPOS
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 06:50:42 AM »
Best part about that?

"...the anti-rove..."

Roger that!   ::thumbsup::

(In my best Elmer Fudd voice)  Kiww da Butthead, kiww da Butthead!

::rockets::

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »
Shhh....I 'm hunting Kawls!!!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:10:12 AM »
Sarah Palin inspires me. I can't help it. When I see the sadness and concern in her eyes, and then hear the unwillingness to yield in her voice, I am inspired to come out of my funk and think that perhaps things can be changed if good people have the will.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline kozanne

• Newb
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »
 ::cool::

LOVE THIS WOMAN!

You ought to read the liberal squeeing going on over this at Breitbart.  Over 2,200 comments!

I had the great opportunity to meet Governor Palin and her dad, Chuck Heath, after camping out in the parking lot of our local Costco for the night to be at the book signing for "Going Rogue".    She's a tiny little thing, but man, what a powerhouse she is!  Her dad is an absolute sweetheart.

I was hoping against hope she would run in '12, I would have jumped into her campaign efforts with both feet, but when she said you didn't have to hold office to make a difference in government, I knew she wasn't running.  Couldn't say that I blamed her, but I was SO disappointed. 

But she has held true to her words.   She had a BIG influence on the 2010 midterms and 2012 downticket races, and she's going to to the same thing in '14.    It's driving the libidiots CRAZY and I LOVE IT.
Remember — they’re spreading Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt because they need to. Don’t be fooled.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »

Yes, I think her PAC is the best one place a person can put his money.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »
I have problems with some of the things she has done
However, there is no doubt in my mind that she truly loves this country and I can't help but support her

I think an alternative to Sarahpac is Jim Demint's Senate Conservative Fund.
He may not get the credit but had a lot to do with Cruz and Les

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »
Sarah Palin inspires me. I can't help it. When I see the sadness and concern in her eyes, and then hear the unwillingness to yield in her voice, I am inspired to come out of my funk and think that perhaps things can be changed if good people have the will.

That is also my initial reaction...then I realize where I am, where we are at as a nation and a people...and I think "what a  ::cussing:: waste" and I get all PO'd again!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »

DeMint certainly did, the SCF was very selective and concentrated on fewer candidates while there were, in other states, viable conservative candidates needing his support which they did not receive.  That was displeasing. And, I'm not certain, but of the opinion PalinPAC has a better success ratio.

Offline kozanne

• Newb
  • Desert Rat
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »

Yes, I think her PAC is the best one place a person can put his money.

Better than the RNC! ::puke::
Remember — they’re spreading Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt because they need to. Don’t be fooled.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 11:40:12 AM »
Not to get into an argument with you Charles because I see your point.

Not sure Demint had the resources that Sarahpac had and they were more selective in who they backed.
I would contend that he restricted to more principled conservatives

Some of the candidates that were backed by Sarahpac weren't too awesome.
Her success ratio may be more myth than fact.

I suspect that Demint had a higher batting average even though he had a lot less at bats

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 12:04:41 PM »

No argument AP, I agree.  Those Sarapac's who were not, I'm thinking of candidates like the women in Utah and Nevada, as ideologically pure as Paul, were still Republicans and would have been much better than their opponents.  I feel with his added, if only vocal, support they would have won.  That lady in Utah lost by 1%.  I've no bone to pick with him; however, I would have preferred he stretch himself out a bit more.  We may have wound up with a senate majority and he would not have felt the need to bolt.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
Agreed with you as far as Demint leaving the Senate
Allied with Paul, Cruz and Lee he would have helped us better there than at Heritage

I realize it's California but she supported Carly Fiorina. There was a conservative man running but Sarah supported Carly Fricking Fiorina

I also realize she may have felt obligated to support McCain but she supported McCain

There are a few more

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »

Fiorina, was a real WTF.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »
I think Palin's philosophy is supporting the most conservative candidate that can win, leaning more towards "conservative" than "win" more often and more daringly than the establishment is willing. She has a streak of political pragmatism, and a dose of Reagan's 80%/20% rule. She also possesses loyalty, supporting those who have supported her.

So she's not an ideological purist without consideration for political consequence, which is the standard that many of us would prefer, if we look at ourselves honestly. I know I crave such a fighter. I long for the day when someone with the chance to make a difference in politics has the audacity of Andrew Breitbart. That's not Sarah Palin. But I still love her for who she is and what she does do, even when I don't like some of the things that she does or won't do.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
If I give money, it will be to the sarapac. I may disagree with a particular belief, but still show support if there is a trust factor. I trust her judgement.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »
I trust her love of the country.

I'm a little more suspect of her judgement Don

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »
I trust her love of the country.

I'm a little more suspect of her judgement Don

That's kinda where I'm at, although not "suspect" in a way that means I question her motivation for decisions. It's more that I understand her motivation, and sometimes disagree with it.

For instance (and the most obvious example), I understand why she was compelled to support McCain. I didn't agree, and I wouldn't have drawn the loyalty line where she did. I would have loved for her to try to undercut him, and watched the knives come out against her. But he would have won anyway, and she would have gained nothing but a reputation as a disloyal backstabber, however unjust. So I get it.

If within that political pragmatism she can throw her formidable enthusiastic weight behind people like Cruz, Lee, Paul, etc without being completely hypocritical when she puts obligatory weight behind people like John McCain or Orrin Hatch, I can stomach it. I don't like it. I would prefer she stay 100% on the side of sticking it to the Olde Guarde GOP. But I get it, and I can stomach it.

- Thomas Jefferson