Author Topic: Would You Like To Put A Finger In Eric Holder's Eye? Here's How...  (Read 963 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
...make a donation to the Armed Citizen Project.

What is the Armed Citizen Project you ask?

The Armed Citizen Project is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to training and arming residents in mid-high crime areas with defensive shotguns, for free!  In training and arming law-abiding residents, we are saturating neighborhoods with defensive weapons, and measuring the effect that a heavily armed society has on crime rates.

You can learn more about it here. And you can donate to the project here.

They take donations of both money and firearms. However, they use one particular type of "defensive" shotgun, a single shot break action. Here is their explanation:

Why use a break action, single-shot shotgun?

Not only are these weapons inexpensive, but they are some of the easiest to use weapons that exist on the market today, while accounting for an insignificant amount of unintentional discharges and accidents.  One of the biggest reasons to choose this weapon is that it is of little to no value to criminals.  If the Journal News map fiasco taught us anything, it is that thieves may target specific homes in order to steal weapons of worth.  The great thing about this weapon, is that it has low worth to criminals for the purpose of committing crimes.  You would be hard pressed to find a criminal that would be eager to commit a crime with a large, single shot shotgun.  At the same time, one will find a general agreement from criminals that staring down the barrel of one of these defensive weapons is certainly not ideal.  I consider this weapon a hallway gun.  If a home invader enters my home, this weapon is sufficient to cast a large spread that is capable significant damage, while reducing the potential of innocent bystander damage, due to the fact that the shot will not likely travel through walls or over longer distances without losing great amounts of energy.  I can simply point 15 feet down my hallway, while aimed in the general direction of the intruder, and fire a shot that may take care of the problem.  

Another BIG reason for using this style of defensive weapon, is to challenge the anti-gun lobby on a claim they often make.  We are now quite used to hearing arguments along the lines of "why do you need an "assault weapon" for home defense?"  These gun-control proponents often insist that they do believe in the right to bear arms to some extent, and we are challenging them to prove it.  If an "assault weapon" is too extreme to be used for home defense, then there must necessarily be a weapon that is acceptable for home defense, or else the gun-control proponent is being blatantly intellectually dishonest.  This style of firearm is likely to be the most palatable to any gun-control proponent that claims to believe in the right of self-defense, and we challenge them to reveal who they really are.

Does this mean we advise against higher powered/capacity defensive weapons?

Absolutely not.  For the purposes of this project, we aim to keep it simple.  Of course the stronger the firepower, and more shots that are able to be fired will increase the odds of success.  If a gang of four breaks into your house, it is best for your wife to be equipped with 30 rounds of .223 if possible, and we fully support the decision of firearm owners to be prepared for all eventualities.  

Interesting. Very, very interesting.

They are currently working on Tucson and Houston. They intend to expand to Dallas, Indianapolis, Chicago, Detroit and New York. This is a project worth keeping an eye on.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:35:27 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Would You Like To Put A Finger In Holder's Eye? Here's How...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 01:34:37 AM »
Article about lib politicians' response.

About what you might expect.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Would You Like To Put A Finger In Eric Holder's Eye? Here's How...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:48:01 AM »
I really hope he's covering every base, crossing every T and dotting every I. The very last thing one would want to see happen is for some disaster to result from one of these guns. That's not me accepting the Left's narrative, but me understanding how the Leftists will be salivating at the prospect of demagoguing such a prime example of citizen militia taking the initiative.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:56:55 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 06:38:44 AM »
I hate leftists, Dear Lord I want them all expunged from the human race!  How they sleep at night is beyond me, they are souless evil wretches!

I agree this guy better watch his ass, the asshats will come after him on the slightest thing, and I would not put it past them to engineer an incident.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:31 AM »
... I would not put it past them to engineer an incident.

Now would I. The guy is handing out free shotguns. If I was a soulless malevolent Leftist demagogue would-be potentate, I would commission someone to get my hands on one of those free shotguns and take one for the team.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 09:37:04 AM »
I really hope he's covering every base, crossing every T and dotting every I. The very last thing one would want to see happen is for some disaster to result from one of these guns. That's not me accepting the Left's narrative, but me understanding how the Leftists will be salivating at the prospect of demagoguing such a prime example of citizen militia taking the initiative.

I see it as using the left's own words against them. You have Biden saying that no one needs an AR15, that a shotgun is all that's needed for self defense. Biden recommends a double barrel shotgun...give 'em both barrels, he said. This guy insisting on single shot break action shotguns (20 gauge, at that) is being pretty cautious when it comes to the firepower he is handing out.

I think that this is a great idea and a worthy cause to support financially. Anything that reduces crime (and you know this will) and helps bad guys achieve room temperature is a good thing. Anything that gets O'Bongo voters to see that yes, they can take care of themselves instead of depending on the gov is a good thing...a step in the right direction.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »

I see it as using the left's own words against them. You have Biden saying that no one needs an AR15, that a shotgun is all that's needed for self defense. Biden recommends a double barrel shotgun...give 'em both barrels, he said. This guy insisting on single shot break action shotguns (20 gauge, at that) is being pretty cautious when it comes to the firepower he is handing out.

I think that this is a great idea and a worthy cause to support financially. Anything that reduces crime (and you know this will) and helps bad guys achieve room temperature is a good thing. Anything that gets O'Bongo voters to see that yes, they can take care of themselves instead of depending on the gov is a good thing...a step in the right direction.

I'm totally on board. I would prefer that the program cut a deal with a manufacturer to supply a tactical 12 ga with a 10 shell magazine rather than a one-and-done 20 ga, but I digress. I just don't want to see the effort turned against its intended purpose if something goes wrong. The very first time one of these free shotguns is involved in an accident or is used to either commit a crime, the Leftists will point at the program to try to destroy the concept of organized citizen militia. Not that they're NOT trying now - just that it would give them a new demon to attack.

- Thomas Jefferson