Author Topic: Who Is John Galt?  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Who Is John Galt?
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:34:30 AM »
Fair Hours!

How dare you respond to the new incentives in a rational manner and only hire part time workers! Its not Fair! (TM) You have to hire me for enough hours so I can earn a living ! I want a Real Live Unicorn!

Actually, we thought we would spread the hours, and therefore the wealth around a bit. See, that is more "fair"....

Who is John Galt.  He is Rational Behavior in response asinine incentives. Oh, and we told you so, morons.
You can't have A REAL LIVE UNICORN (tm) BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST. Tard.
You can't get something for nothing - unless you steal it, and not everyone is willing to work hard and then let you steal from them.

I can't wait till these people are starving in the streets so I can kick them in the nuts while they are down.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Who Is John Galt?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »
Fair Hours!

How dare you respond to the new incentives in a rational manner and only hire part time workers! Its not Fair! (TM) You have to hire me for enough hours so I can earn a living ! I want a Real Live Unicorn!

Actually, we thought we would spread the hours, and therefore the wealth around a bit. See, that is more "fair"....

Who is John Galt.  He is Rational Behavior in response asinine incentives. Oh, and we told you so, morons.
You can't have A REAL LIVE UNICORN (tm) BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST. Tard.
You can't get something for nothing - unless you steal it, and not everyone is willing to work hard and then let you steal from them.

I can't wait till these people are starving in the streets so I can kick them in the nuts while they are down.

Damn, if I had a nickel every time I said or thought that...I'd have a shytload of nickels!

PS-That link must be evil, it locks up on me and everytime I try to kill it it just pops up again!   ::speechless::  Zombie link!   ::exitstageleft::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
Must be the damn  ::cussing:: work filter again! 

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
John Galt captured in pictures

Note the incorporated self-employed is rising- because they are substantial tax benefits to be gained from being a C-corporation.
People ARE changing their behavior to avoid Taxes.  Hausers Law will continue to apply, and liberals will  whine even more about "wreckers"  and "tax-dodgers" - evil 1%  who in truth make less than 100K a year, but use a C-corporation to make themselves two people - each "making" 40K or so - and therefore reducing their tax burden..The vast majority of taxes are collected from people earning between $50-75K- which is exactly the segment that benefits most from C-Corp status - because a great many of your work expenses are now deductible from your "profit" as an individual - Your C Corp pays you a salary that you determine, and your C-crop only pays tax on its profits. 

Where do YOU want to be on this curve? Think about it.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »
Well you know the answer to this is....more laws!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:49:53 PM »

::bustamove::::danceban::We deserve Just Hours! ::danceban:: ::bustamove::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 06:13:06 PM »
They deserve nothing and damn well better like it or change who the lawmakers are, because the more they squeeze the more they accelerate the exodus and hasten the crash.  And we know damn well they'll introduce more BS...a series of anti-capitalist bills followed by Order 66 isn't far off now....

Screw 'em, like I care!

And the scavengers are going full bore after the weak knowing their window of opportunity is now...until the next phase serves up the next meal of roadkill...ObamaAmerica is just so fricken swell!

/

http://www.everydayhealth.com/senior-health/seniors-get-hung-up-in-health-care-scams.aspx

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 08:55:46 PM »
Who is John Galt?
Me.
I gave notice today.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »
Who is John Galt?
Me.
I gave notice today.

Oh?  What are you going to do?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »
Suck at the public teat?
Draw SS as long as it lasts and get my little part time consulting business going

Job has sucked all it can from me. 
I was called in to the office today.

My bullsh*t tolerance has been decreasing.

Wife is freaking a little

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
Suck at the public teat?
Draw SS as long as it lasts and get my little part time consulting business going

Sorry and congratulations.  I feel for your wife, but I figure she knows you'll get y'all through it okay.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »
Suck at the public teat?

Congrats.  It will work out, but it also means living less high on the hog. Some wives will deal with that better than others. Just remind her that on the right entitlement  programs some folks pull down the equivalent of a 60K salary in take home. Hopefully you paid down debt and refinanced any mortgage to the 3% rates. You may also want to consider getting divorced so you both look even poorer to the public trough. . and make sure you do a C-Corp when you start consulting. Its more paperwork, but worht it because you look like both a crony and a poor indentured sap employee at the same time. 

This choice is  going to come to all of us eventually. The recession is hitting businesses, so they demand more from each employee rather than pay the costs of hiring another. Meanwhile the Fed  takes more from you in terms of taxes while insulting you with every policy and word.  Everyone's BS tolerance is decreasing. As some point, you just walk off the job.

However, you probably shouldn't have given notice. In all likelihood our careers ( such as they have been ) are over, and we are at the last (salaried) job we will hold.  You should have just not gone in, and counted the number of paychecks that kept coming. It would probably take them 3 months to accumulate enough evidence to fire you. 

My buddy worked for a State Government and had 3 people in his group. One didn't show up 80% of the time.  The 20% of the time he was there, he ran a business on the side and watched YouTube videos.  So the other two were asked to cover his shifts. No, he wasn't fired. It was just too damn hard to fire him. Eventually a layoff came up, and of course the useless third was the headcount lost - but he wasn't fired, so he still gets his 99 weeks of unemployment.

Gaming the system and acting immorally has now got to be our mode of operation. After all you are either a looter or a sucker. Honest Man isn't an option.  Yes, everyone acting that way will bring down the system, but that is the point. Let it Burn.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »
She's on the inside as far as the public teat.
She works for Community Action.

Fortunately our needs are modest.

After the last pay cut I only need to make about $1500-$1800/month with SS to be equal

And maybe I can stop going to bed at 5 AM with 2 phones 6" from my ear in the recliner or on the couch

And possibly even feel human sometimes

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
I wish you the best AP. I'm sure it was both a relief and a step off the ledge all wrapped in one. Sending up a little prayer for peace and confidence for you and Mrs. AP.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »

For sure.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 12:09:06 AM »
Thank you for the prayers.

I've done this before
That's why I'm calm and she's freaking out

She is concerned about the "steady" money

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 05:53:36 AM »
"My bullsh*t tolerance has been decreasing."

That!

I swear my BS meter is easier to rock with each passing minute!

I'm surrounded by libiots at work, I have to commute into the heart of Keith Ellison's district, the daily grind with Obama sprinkles et al on top...   ::gaah::

I wish you and your family the best AP!  I know you will do allright!

And I'm not too far behind ya...   ;)

::thumbsup::

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »
Good luck, Libertas.
If I can help in any way let me know.

I'm fairly good at starting businesses.
I suck at running them.

I have contended for some time that the Industrial Age model has been gone for some time (or at least dying).

Provided we don't succeed in committing political suicide, the answer for America is in entrepreneurship, cottage industry and true small business.
Everyone an entrepreneur.

Change in education would be one of the first necessities.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
As far as bullsh*t tolerance, my employer wants to double down today, it seems.
When I answer his "question" he changes it.

F**k him.
And the horse he rode in on