Author Topic: IDIOT: Rand Paul  (Read 1430 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: IDIOT: Rand Paul
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:26:45 PM »
That apple fell a long ways from the tree

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 02:37:01 PM »
Even though McConnell actively supported Paul opposition in the primary. Idiot is right.

If I could legally and morally wink one body in DC into non-existence, I would take a good hard long serious regretful look at Obama, and then I would evaporate the US Senate, the good with the bad. The whole body is a scourge on this country.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:41:40 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 04:27:14 PM »
I know I am in the minority here, but I believe that Senator Mitch McConnell is an asset. He is the most technically astute on the rules of any Senator.  And that can be used to our good work, as it was when Senator McConnell assisted Senator Paul in not losing the filibuster rights. (The young Senator was very good in his effort, but his lack of knowledge of the formal rules almost cost him the floor. He publicly thanked Senator McConnell for saving him from his mistake.)
I think it could be a good thing that a friendship is developing between them, if we can use the fire and heart of the young Senators and the knowledge and experience of the old, then we can win.  Forming circular firing squads is not the way to win. We have too few bullets for all our enemies, let's not waste them on our friends.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
I'd probably agree with you, CHF.
You are in the minority here

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
That's ok though. I've had about all I can take of the feckless GOP, but I'm not in any position to tell someone else they can't hold out hope for a political solution. I just don't see it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 02:06:59 AM »
I'd probably agree with you, CHF.
You are in the minority here

The minority here has little impact. But, it CAN have impact in the US Senate, as Rand Paul recently showed us. But, it is undeniable that he did it with help from Mitch McConnell. Were you happier the day before the filibuster or the day after? I must say, I had a glimmer of hope after.  No, it would not do to have everyone like MM, but he can be USED as an ASSETT. Are we better off with an all powerful, unopposed liberal Senate? No, I do not think so. I think we must fight on EVERY front, down to the bitter end. Who would want less for their kids than to be able to say they fought the good fight all the way?  Saying that we killed our own, for being less than effective, when they were used in the wrong places, is a failure unto itself. We must not give one ince easily, and those who would turn on someone who helps us most of the time to get elected someone who NEVER helps us, is unwise.  McConnell may have been turned into an assett by Rand Paul. MAYBE. Maybe not. But, there is at least some evidence that shooting our own is not wise strategy.  Killing off Senators, in a political sense, who vote with us 51% of the time so we can replace them with people who NEVER vote with us does not strike me as the path to success. Texas showed a path to success. Indiana exposed a failure. Let us be thoughtful, like Sarah Palin. Better to win a majority, so people like Rand Paul an dMike Lee are in power, than to put Feinstein, et al in power.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 06:20:26 AM »
Killing off Senators, in a political sense, who vote with us 51% of the time so we can replace them with people who NEVER vote with us does not strike me as the path to success.

The azzhats who vote with us 51% of the time is the reason we're in this hole today.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 06:29:10 AM »
Were you happier the day before the filibuster or the day after? I must say, I had a glimmer of hope after.

Did it make any difference?
It was just theater.

McConnell is no value to conservatives.
He is the same as Boner but worse

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
Killing off Senators, in a political sense, who vote with us 51% of the time so we can replace them with people who NEVER vote with us does not strike me as the path to success.

The azzhats who vote with us 51% of the time is the reason we're in this hole today.
[/quote

They are part of the problem, true. But, can you honestly say that, in your heart you think we are better off with people who vote against us 100% of the time? It just doesn't make sense to think 100% losing is smart. Remember that each loss becomes the new normal and our causes become losing causes.

And yes, someone making a principled stand did make a difference, to me and to public opinion. He made news and he CHANGED public opinion. Polls MOVED on the subject. The first battle is for the hearts and minds and it can be won. But, it could never even have occured if we have a few less Senators on our side.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 08:43:35 AM »
McConnell is not on my side

I had high hopes for Rand Paul's principles.  Not so much anymore.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
I've used to be exactly where CHF is on this matter, so I get it. The logic is sound, and it comports with a hope for better outcome, and that's why it seems like a tenable position to hold.

My problem with MM and those like him is in comparing the scope of the problems to their record and actions in the face of those problems. At some point, watching the nation being taken down the rathole to hell itself, you have got to look at the people we're electing and hold them accountable.

Politicians in Washington DC have ruined this country. Both parties have pushed us over the Leftist cliff. The difference between the two parties is that the GOP has made noise and political fodder out of opposition. But they have done nothing to stop the slide, and in many cases, they have been active willing participants.

Mitch Mcconnell is a key player in the very GOP machine that has led to the downfall of our nation. In 2010 the electorate literally SCREAMED: "Get these people out of power, and put the citizenry back in charge!" But Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, and the Olde Guarde GOP put sticks in the spokes of the American people at every turn.

I've had enough. That is all. Support for Mitch McConnell by someone like Rand Paul can only mean one of two things: Either Rand Paul doesn't understand the scope of the problems we face, OR, Rand Paul is a political animal who is ignoring the visceral need of liberty-loving conservatives to move beyond the Olde Guard.

I am more disappointed in his open support of Mitch McConnell than I am glad that Mitch Mcconnell helped him filibister.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 09:32:18 AM »
Sadly, this is what happens in a world where the favor trumps what is right. Paul probably has his sites set high....as in higher political office. He can either be labeled an extremist, by both libs and establishment republicans, or he can gain some political favor by playing with the establishment pubbies.....in certain circumstances.

I don't like it but I can understand why he believes a strategic endorsement may play in his favor. Other than a very small percentage of people ( like here) will remember this 4 years from today.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 09:32:19 AM »

I missed it that McConnell made news and changed public opinion.
Would you help me to see this, are there a couple of links to this event?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »

I missed it that McConnell made news and changed public opinion.
Would you help me to see this, are there a couple of links to this event?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Paul, and that point is undeniable. His filibuster was political dynamite.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
Yes, and Rand Paul thanked Senator McConnell, acknowledging that he would have lost the floor without the Senior Senator's aid in the rules.
https://twitter.com/SenRandPaul/status/309527690732515328
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:13:58 PM by ChrstnHsbndFthr »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »
Political solutions to our problems are DOA.  Every damn time the GOP is given the majority (especially that damned Senate) they screw the pooch (we are the pooch, if you haven't been paying attention).

If there was no serious Tea Party candidate available to back against MM then we are at where we began and Paul's endorsement is merely confirming the obvious.  This would look worse if there was a viable alternative.  But the endorsement does give the appearance that Paul is playing the DC game according to Ruling Class rules, which is not a good sign as that game is what brought us to this point, it is what put Obama and the rest of the libiots in power.

There is not time left to change the game, potential game-changers are lapsing into playing the old game, and the continued decline and eventual decimation of America continues unabated.

Did I miss anything?

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »

They are doing their damnedest to convince me.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »
I've used to be exactly where CHF is on this matter, so I get it. The logic is sound, and it comports with a hope for better outcome, and that's why it seems like a tenable position to hold.

Without hope, I have NOTHING.  I have to have hope. When you convince me that all hope is lost, the question then is how to go out as painlessly as possible. There MUST be hope. I need not only hope, though, I truly must have LOGICAL hope. I think it is logical to believe that our ideas are better, that we can articulate them better, that we can win, and we can rule within the constitutional framework. It need  not all crash and burn. I do FEAR that possibility, but I NEED hope. Show me another route to hope, to believe that right can win, that our nation need not fall, and I can be on board.  But, God forbid we must face the collapse of everything true and just, even then I must hope that we can come out better on the other side. But, I think I would not live to see it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 11:01:35 PM »

Without hope, I have NOTHING.  I have to have hope. When you convince me that all hope is lost, the question then is how to go out as painlessly as possible. There MUST be hope. I need not only hope, though, I truly must have LOGICAL hope. I think it is logical to believe that our ideas are better, that we can articulate them better, that we can win, and we can rule within the constitutional framework. It need  not all crash and burn. I do FEAR that possibility, but I NEED hope. Show me another route to hope, to believe that right can win, that our nation need not fall, and I can be on board.  But, God forbid we must face the collapse of everything true and just, even then I must hope that we can come out better on the other side. But, I think I would not live to see it.

Don't get me wrong, I have hope. I've just been conditioned not to place it in Mitch McConnell and his ilk.

- Thomas Jefferson