Author Topic: Duh Wun OK's "Covert Op's" In Libya  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Duh Wun OK's "Covert Op's" In Libya
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »
I heard this was approved three weeks ago, prior to UN action, and still no action by our fricken congress!  As this illegal war rages on and Duh Wuh sends in operatives to this worthless speck of dirt...they are weighing the issue of arming the rebels.  The stupidity continues to compound exponentially!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/30/obama-administration-reviewing-options-aid-libyan-rebels-decision-sources-say/#

But, let's just continue to stick our heads up our butts and pretend all is well...

::facepalm::

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Duh Wun OK's "Covert Op's" In Libya
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:21 AM »
This happened right after they had to close their station in Tripoli and head west to Benghazi . It's hard to tell what the assessment team will come up with . As of now that's all they're doing . I think though that its evident more robust measures are in the offing . Coordination with NATO air is non-existant according to rebel fighters at the front . Reports that SAS and MI6 are on the ground  "spotting" are dubious at best since there's really no evidence of coordinated strikes elsewhere in the country . Ghadaffi's last known shipment of arms and ammo came from Belarus just before the no-fly zone was initiated . If the western allies don't want this whole thing to go south or end in a protracted stalemate they are going to have to do more than cleverly side-step or creatively interpret 1973 .

As an interesting side note , SAS's last presence in Libya was in 2009 to train Ghadaffi's  Special Forces . WTF !?!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
Yeah, and Daffy is moving personnel around in private vehicles now, not tanks and transports, making hit harder to track them.  Welcome to the nightmare of urban combat.  I too doubt combat spotters on the ground.  As for mroe robust action, that means boots on the ground, and the rumors flying over the destination of Marine's out of Lejeune...I don't want to see one troopers life shed in that litterbox, especially if the result winds up being another nation handed over to just another bunch of crazy bastards!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:47:49 AM »
U.S. Marines ? That would be a terrible idea . Sarkozy has two regiments and a demi-brigade which can be on the ground in a matter of several hours . Things really need go no farther than that . Situation over and we'll take what comes as to who is and who isn't "friendly" .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »

Obama has promised there would be no US boots on the ground. 
The 2,200 Marines on the vessel Bataan headed for the Med. are not going to Libya.
He promised.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »
Watch out!  Don't want to be around when that lightning bolt hits him, Charles!

::speechless::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
They said one dynamic was very clear: The administration doesn’t much care what Congress thinks about the actions it’s taken so far.

Challenged on whether Obama overstepped his constitutional authority in attacking Libya without congressional approval, Clinton told lawmakers that White House lawyers were OK with it and that Obama has no plans to seek an endorsement from Congress, attendees told POLITICO…

“If they didn’t need congressional authorization here in these circumstances, can you tell me under what circumstances you’d ever need congressional authorization if we’re going into a war? Nobody answered [that] question,” said Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.). “The administration and its lawyers believed they had the authority under the War Powers Act.”…

No wonder Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Intel Committee, is now drawing a very sharp line on arming the rebels:

“Any covert action that happens would have to get the sign off of the intelligence chairmen, by statute. You won’t get a sign off from me,” Rogers said referring to National Security Act 47. “I still think arming the rebels is a horrible idea. We don’t know who they are, we only know who they are against but we don’t really who they are for. We don’t have a good picture of who’s really in charge.”

More at http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/52264.html
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »
I guess the proglodytes hated Bush more than the War Powers Act, and even then, Duh Wun skirted the fricken spirit of the WPA!

These people suck beyond imagining!

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
The CIA has been organizing privately to overthrow regimes deemed unsympathetic to the US. Don't forget the CIA's use of local thugs to overthrow the democratically elected government of Iran in 1953. The Shah of Iran, M. Reza Pahlavi, was "restored" to the Peacock Throne as a direct result of CIA involvement.

Ahhhhh, good times . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 03:43:21 AM »
The C.I.A. was only the instrument in 1953 Iran ( and other places ) . The coup was hatched by Churchill and Eisenhower .

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 04:12:44 AM »
Yesterday Gates and Mullen had to sit for approximately four hours before the House Armed Services Comittee and listen to a litany of pontification and answer a ream of the most vapid and inane questions it's ever been my displeasure to hear . Anyone who had read that morning's local newspaper or had been watching this international dog and pony show could have answered the questions posed by those self-important , sh*t-headed , representatives of the people . If all they wanted was stupid answers to stupid questions why didn't they have Leon Panetta there ? It was the biggest Godd*mned waste of time I've witnessed in a long time and had me fuming for the rest of the day .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »
Hey, nothing to worry about SH, it's just a "pickup game", all is well!

The NY Slimes appears to have enjoyed the congress-critter show!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/world/africa/01military.html?_r=2&hp

::)

Operation Fustercluck is still a go!

::facepalm::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
Ex-Gitmo Attendants train Libyan Rebels

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576237042432212406.html
Two former Afghan Mujahedeen and a six-year detainee at Guantanamo Bay have stepped to the fore of this city’s military campaign, training new recruits for the front and to protect the city from infiltrators loyal to Col. Moammar Gadhafi.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »
Ex-Gitmo Attendants train Libyan Rebels

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576237042432212406.html
Two former Afghan Mujahedeen and a six-year detainee at Guantanamo Bay have stepped to the fore of this city’s military campaign, training new recruits for the front and to protect the city from infiltrators loyal to Col. Moammar Gadhafi.

Great we better hurry up and arm them!!After all what could go wrong. ::falldownshocked::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 04:04:22 AM »
" Ex-Mujahedeen " ? ... I hardly think so . Once a Mujahedeen ... always a Mujahedeen . That could be good and it could be bad . I tend to think it's the latter .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »
" Ex-Mujahedeen " ? ... I hardly think so . Once a Mujahedeen ... always a Mujahedeen . That could be good and it could be bad . I tend to think it's the latter .

Yeah, it's like being an ex-pedophile or an ex-murderer!   ::facepalm::

Hey, I think those two add up to a Mujahedeen!   :P